Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by dave_261
Sure thing. I don't think Suite Points availability is tied to TSU availability. In the case of my dates, there are no points redemptions available for suites, but was still able to confirm a suite upgrade award immediately after booking.
Bummer. I tried via calling and Twitter and no luck. Guess I need to HUCA. Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Charlie9
Bummer. I tried via calling and Twitter and no luck. Guess I need to HUCA. Thanks!
The hotel is sold out for at least a couple nights during your stay, so that makes sense why the TSU isn't available!
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by smichelm
I just completed a long weekend stay at the PH Beaver Creek. I wrote a complete review of my stay here on the expert hotel reviews page for those who are interested.

tl;dr is that this is a Park Hyatt in name only and does not live up to the brand's promise or its peer properties around the world. The hard product is utterly unremarkable and hampered by the original construction as a Hyatt or Hyatt Regency, staff is overworked and undertrained, guest count is simply too high, and children dominate the property giving it a Disneyland feel. Would recommend looking elsewhere for a luxury mountain vacation. I know I will.
I was planning a stay here for thanksgiving, then I read your review. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will look somewhere else
smichelm likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:51 pm

Has anyone noticed Hyatt being more aggressive with award availability? I'm trying to book a ski hotel over MLK for 4 nights and nothing seems available at the ski properties. PH BC is our preference having been there a few times and the location is unbeatable with two young kids in ski school. Am I just looking too early? Too late? I had no issues last year for the same holiday weekend.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:22 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by LonghornFlyer
Has anyone noticed Hyatt being more aggressive with award availability? I'm trying to book a ski hotel over MLK for 4 nights and nothing seems available at the ski properties. PH BC is our preference having been there a few times and the location is unbeatable with two young kids in ski school. Am I just looking too early? Too late? I had no issues last year for the same holiday weekend.
i had an issue with Award availability at HR S.F. for a May 23 reservation and after complaining to MHC and consumer affairs I got an e-mail from HR S.F. that "my request was approved" and they opened up space. So yes, there are hotels playing games.
Do you see standard rooms available? if so, then there is no doubt that award space must be open as well. in my case, ALL standard rooms starting Jan 1, 2023 were completely blocked as confirmed by MHC!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:26 pm

Just wanted to report back on our great 6 night stay at the property. It was our frist time visiting Beaver Creek in the summer and we really loved the outdoor experience. We stayed in the Jack Scott Suite this time and loved the room. It had two bathrooms, two terraces with seating, a dining table, and a kitchen although the kitchen didn't have a microwave or stove. We liked this suite much better than the James Chadwick Suite across the hall which felt smaller but the Chadwick Suite does have direct views of the mountain if that is important to you. In any event, we are looking forward to our winter return already!

Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:42 pm

I should also mention that we stayed 4 nights at the Residences within the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek as well. What an amazing experience, the hotel rooms/suites are definitely a downgrade from the Residences! These properties are hard to book via the Hyatt website btw. The owners try to rent them out on their own first as Hyatt takes a 38% commission when booked on their site which seems very high. I had to make a last second change to our itinerary and when I searched Hyatt availability two weeks prior to our stay a 3 bedroom at the Residences was available using points so I gave it a whirl and boy was I glad we did! The room was around 2k square feet, had a full kitchen, large dining table, 3.5 baths, and 4 terraces. You have access to every hotel amenity including the front desk while staying at the Residences. (The Residences also have a check in desk too) We will definitely try booking another Residence on the next visit, the room was spectacular....
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:22 pm

We actually got lucky and booked between Christmas and New Years for $385 a night. We booked back in the spring and were expecting rates to be closer to $1k. We also booked Easter a couple of months ago, but their best rate was a little under $500, so we used 25k points a night. We may actually switch to Vail for Easter.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
We actually got lucky and booked between Christmas and New Years for $385 a night. We booked back in the spring and were expecting rates to be closer to $1k. We also booked Easter a couple of months ago, but their best rate was a little under $500, so we used 25k points a night. We may actually switch to Vail for Easter.
Are you referring to the Park Hyatt Residences or the Hyatt Residences on the other side of the village when you mention those prices? The Park Hyatt Residence we stayed in was going for over $1200 per night in the summer. I would guess that rate is substantially higher over Christmas week. We paid 43k points per night for the Residence which was off peak I believe.

Also if you do Vail and plan on staying at the Grand Hyatt their lift my be closed for the season by April. I would double check that if your going to book there. It's a great hotel too none the less.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I should also mention that we stayed 4 nights at the Residences within the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek as well. What an amazing experience, the hotel rooms/suites are definitely a downgrade from the Residences! These properties are hard to book via the Hyatt website btw. The owners try to rent them out on their own first as Hyatt takes a 38% commission when booked on their site which seems very high. I had to make a last second change to our itinerary and when I searched Hyatt availability two weeks prior to our stay a 3 bedroom at the Residences was available using points so I gave it a whirl and boy was I glad we did! The room was around 2k square feet, had a full kitchen, large dining table, 3.5 baths, and 4 terraces. You have access to every hotel amenity including the front desk while staying at the Residences. (The Residences also have a check in desk too) We will definitely try booking another Residence on the next visit, the room was spectacular....
So basically the same thing as Hyatt Centric Park City. They allow the hotel/Hyatt to rent out their Residences for them the majority of the year, then maybe 1-2 weeks a year the owner actually stays there. It’s also a Ski Resort and in a village like area with multiple other resorts.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I like this hotel as a solid points option for ski season, but for the cash prices they charge for the suites those pictures are pretty sad. I've only stayed in one of the larger suites once 5 or 6 years ago and they look almost identical today. I'm not sure who pays it, but those suites regularly sell for $2K-4K+ during ski season and the furnishings are pretty rough for a luxury property. I'd put those well below the Hyatt Centric Park City and nothing compared to suites at the St. Regis Deer Valley or nearby Ritz. I don't know that I've ever seen the Park Hyatt residences available during ski season, but assuming they would sell for even more.

I've been hoping for a huge renovation at this hotel for a long time, but prices are higher than ever so I'm guessing there's not much motivation to do anything significant with the rooms.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
So basically the same thing as Hyatt Centric Park City. They allow the hotel/Hyatt to rent out their Residences for them the majority of the year, then maybe 1-2 weeks a year the owner actually stays there. It’s also a Ski Resort and in a village like area with multiple other resorts.
No it's different, the Park Hyatt Residences are fractional ownership, the owners only get a few weeks a year so the rooms there are harder to come by. The Hyatt Centric properties are owned by single owners who can use their property anytime they want.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
No it's different, the Park Hyatt Residences are fractional ownership, the owners only get a few weeks a year so the rooms there are harder to come by. The Hyatt Centric properties are owned by single owners who can use their property anytime they want.
But basically the same concept, especially as far as a hotel guest is concerned renting one vs. the other.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I like this hotel as a solid points option for ski season, but for the cash prices they charge for the suites those pictures are pretty sad. I've only stayed in one of the larger suites once 5 or 6 years ago and they look almost identical today. I'm not sure who pays it, but those suites regularly sell for $2K-4K+ during ski season and the furnishings are pretty rough for a luxury property. I'd put those well below the Hyatt Centric Park City and nothing compared to suites at the St. Regis Deer Valley or nearby Ritz. I don't know that I've ever seen the Park Hyatt residences available during ski season, but assuming they would sell for even more.

I've been hoping for a huge renovation at this hotel for a long time, but prices are higher than ever so I'm guessing there's not much motivation to do anything significant with the rooms.
Agreed the rooms need a refresh, I think they keep the cash prices high since this place has tons of point redemptions to be honest with you. That Jack Scott Suite goes for well over 5k per night during the week of Christmas and New Years. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much per night but all their large suites are sold out during those weeks every year so people do. You are paying primarily for the outstanding location of the property, which is much better than the Ritz down the road or the St Regis Deer Valley for that matter. The St Regis has a crappy set up/location in my opinion as well verses the prime location of the Stein Eriksen Lodge that could use a refresh too.

With all that being said, I've stayed at the Hyatt Centric in Park City 4 or 5 times in large 1 bedroom suites. Price aside I'd take this stay in the Jack Scott Suite anytime over the HC not because I like this room better but because of Park Hyatt's superior location on a relative basis.

I have never seen the Residences available over Christmas or New Years. They had that week for sale during our stay which is week 52, it was a 2 bedroom and had an asking price of 500k for that week. Good luck with that!

Last edited by Tonyr4; Aug 31, 2022 at 11:50 pm
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
But basically the same concept, especially as far as a hotel guest is concerned renting one vs. the other.
Yes and no. The fractional ownership of the Park Hyatt Residences makes finding a room there much harder as the owner can only use it certain weeks out of the year. Also there are only 18 Residences at the Park Hyatt and for whatever reason Hyatt charges a 38% commission to book through the website. It costs half of that commission to use a local realtor from what I was told which all leads to making it harder to find availability there via the Hyatt program. This is also probably the big reason why the Hyatt Residence Club in Aspen de-flagged. I love Hyatt as a customer but if I were an owner I wouldn't be thrilled about paying a 38% commission to book my week out either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.