Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiUtah
To my knowledge vail resorts who owns beaver creek and vail FYI does not sell discount lift tickets on liftopia.com and never has. Vail resorts does not like to sell tickets at a discount. They have very attractive pass prices and want people to buy those and visit more than once rather than discounting lift tickets.
Yeah, no bargain lift tickets at Vail/BC. Vail Resorts only sells discounted season passes during off season (May-Oct). Prices soar once the season opens. I believe it is around $2150 now.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TerryK
Yeah, no bargain lift tickets at Vail/BC. Vail Resorts only sells discounted season passes during off season (May-Oct). Prices soar once the season opens. I believe it is around $2150 now.
Some meeting organizers last year had something like up to 30% off the daily lift ticket prices at Vail/Beaver Creek.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:48 pm

Does anyone know the least expensive shuttle service from Denver airport to BC?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by trey
Does anyone know the least expensive shuttle service from Denver airport to BC?
It certainly isn't Colorado Mountain Express, as Big Sky Shuttle has been regularly cheaper by around 20%.

Depending on the duration of the stay at the PH BC and the number of people in the party and consideration of parking charges (if any applicable), sometimes the cheapest way to get between DEN and the hotel is to rent a car.

Doesn't Greyhound still go from downtown Denver to Vail? Not sure how much cheaper that would be, but it used to be an option.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:15 pm

Just got back from a weekend stay on points here, overall a very nice stay. I was pleased to learn on arrival that the resort fee is waived for stays on points ^. As others mentioned, service in general (and in particular the ski valet) is great. The valets even returned my rented equipment on my behalf after I checked out. Again consistent with other reviews, room quality is less than you'd expect from a PH; the rooms have more of a HR feel. That said, you aren't coming to this property for the rooms; you're coming for the location on-mountain and the service. To further echo other posters, this is a very family-oriented property; there is even a posted 10 PM - 7 AM quiet time on the guest floors.

A few minor issues with my stay:

-About 3 days before my arrival, I got a call from the reservations desk at the property alerting me of an unadvertised spur of the moment "sale" the weekend I was to be staying, whereby I could secure an additional room for ~$200/night (normal rates are ~500-600 this time of year). Seems they had a block of rooms cancel last minute and were trying to fill them. Naturally I was a bit put off by the fact that I was about to burn 22k points / night on a room that was being sold for ~$200. I tried to switch my reservation to this cash rate, but was told the rate was only for additional rooms for those with existing reservations. I let the agent know my disappointment, and he said though there was nothing he could do, he would notate my reservation to attempt to get me a space-available upgrade at checkin. This ended up translating into an upgrade to a slopeside view and an arrival amenity delivered to the room, which helped take some of the 22k/night sting away.

-The walls between rooms at this property are very thin; we were consistently woken up at 6 am by shouting kids in the room next door. Even when the kids weren't screaming, I was able to clearly make out neighbors' entire conversations, a first for me in a hotel. I let the front desk know this on checkout, and the staff seemed genuinely apologetic, wishing they had known about this issue sooner (not much you can do on with only a 2 night stay), and offered me 5k GP points without hesitation. A very nice gesture considering I wasn't looking for compensation for this issue.

All in all, a very good stay, with minor mishaps made up for by very high quality service. I would likely stay here again, though if paying cash, would probably spring for the (similarly priced) Ritz down the road.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Completed a stay this weekend also and had much the same experience.

Staff and common areas very much in keeping with the PH brand. REstuarant is very nice and the gym and spa was great. Rooms are not. Clean, well kept etc., but lacking in any style and ambiance. I must have been on the other side of your neighbor as I had the same nosie issue. Up past midnight listening to a loud, but not rockious conversation.

I also think calling already booked customers with the "flash" sale was a mistake. Do they really think that we would suddenly need anouther room for the night? Just made me feel a bit cheated in some way. In the end I used 44,000 points and ended up with the smallest (per the map on the door) courtyard room over the entryway. What I "paid" for but not really any diamond perk there.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotHome
...In the end I used 44,000 points and ended up with the smallest (per the map on the door) courtyard room over the entryway. What I "paid" for but not really any diamond perk there.
All rooms in PHBC are the same size, irrespective of view. As a Diamond who has spent 300+ nights at PHBC, I often get a minor view upgrade, but room size is exactly the same. They have a handful of Park Fireside Suites (Junior Suites) but they are hard to come by as upgrades. Other suites are huge and usually go for several thousands per night, no chance of upgrade to that.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Originally Posted by TerryK
All rooms in PHBC are the same size, irrespective of view. As a Diamond who has spent 300+ nights at PHBC, I often get a minor view upgrade, but room size is exactly the same. They have a handful of Park Fireside Suites (Junior Suites) but they are hard to come by as upgrades. Other suites are huge and usually go for several thousands per night, no chance of upgrade to that.
If that is the case they need to review the map on the back of the door. Take a look next time you are there.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Rooms

The hotel rooms really are nothing to write home about, except for some specialty suites.

The residences (50's series) offer much more modern decor and amenities.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotHome
If that is the case they need to review the map on the back of the door. Take a look next time you are there.
I guess you are right after all. I didn't look at floor plan carefully in the 50+ stays I had at PHBC.

I was assigned one of those smaller rooms last week and decided to look at floor plan closely and walked around. It appears that each end of hallways are designed with alcoves for room access. As a result, the last room of each hallway is slightly larger, while the second to last is slightly smaller as part of the room is taken up by the alcove. That smaller room also has the distinction of having a single sink instead of dual sinks for all other rooms. This is irrespective of views. The four view category rooms are the same size except those two and a few larger rooms without balconies. Those rooms have balcony space enclosed indoor as trade offs. I think you are better off with the balcony if you have Village or Slopeside views.

Even though the snow was scarce, I enjoyed the sunny weather along with excellent location and service from PHBC. Some seasonal employees are still clueless, however. The check in agent asked if it was my first visit to PHBC even though she checked me out one week ago. Must have been due to my average Joe look. Then, after I complained about my smaller than average room and single sink, she tried to tell me that all rooms are the same size with single sink.

Last edited by TerryK; Apr 8, 2012 at 1:21 am
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
1 night stay using points

Check Inn was nice as the agent explained all the benefits. I was very early (10am) my upgraded mountain view wasnt available and was offered a courtyard view. I denied and chose to wait on the mountain view.

We went to the spa since the room wasnt ready. 10AM until 3pm. Spa was great, a very weird layout with going down then up but it was friday and recieved a 15% discount. Wife enjoyed the spa also.

Room was readyat 3 and my amenit was in the room with a letter from the GM. Amenity was half bottle white or red wine. I also chose the chips and salsa.

Room is a bit worn. Not up to Park Standards but not bad at all. In a few years it might be time for a renovation.

Very peaceful reaxing atmosphere. Perfect location.

Breakfast was the best that I have ever had at a Hyatt. Was offered anything from the menu. Choses 3 dishes and they were all fantastic. Again best breakfast at any Hyatt. Do not choose the buffet. Order fresh off the menu.
I have not been to PHV, but this was the best by far. Everything comped including a generous tip.

Valet and Bell desk are not up to Park Hyatt Standards. This needs to be reviewed.

Other than that great stay at the Beav.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Is finding rooms on a weekend (friday + saturday night) on points pretty much impossible during ski season here?

I just called customer service who looked up every weekend from january 2013 to april 2013 with no availability until late april which is probably too late for skiing.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Is finding rooms on a weekend (friday + saturday night) on points pretty much impossible during ski season here?

I just called customer service who looked up every weekend from january 2013 to april 2013 with no availability until late april which is probably too late for skiing.
i read they had a 4 day minimum during ski season
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
i read they had a 4 day minimum during ski season
hrm. where did you see this? rep didnt mention anything to me about stay minimum... but will call back. i dont mind doing 4 days, if i can get a room!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by rajuabju
hrm. where did you see this? rep didnt mention anything to me about stay minimum... but will call back. i dont mind doing 4 days, if i can get a room!
i read it on mommypoints blog.

and you can see it in action pretty easily. just try booking 2 paid nights online during ski season. says hotel not available. extend to 4 nights and boom availability shows up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.