Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by jkc22
Was there until Monday. Rooms were "refreshed" - new wallpaper, new carpets, new headboard, new chair/sofa, and new coffee table. Other than these in the rooms, and two new lighting fixtures in the bathrooms, no major updates. The lobby bathroom has been renovated.

There is no club.

I stayed at the Residences wing, so no change there.
what do they offer for Diamond breakfast?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but the RC Bachelor Gulch has had a major renovation. Complete re-do of all rooms, public areas, new restaurant, cigar bar, etc.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myb821
what do they offer for Diamond breakfast?
PHBC has the best Diamond breakfast policy: either full buffet or take away from deli.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
PHBC has the best Diamond breakfast policy: either full buffet or take away from deli.
Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:51 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

When we stayed last year they also allowed room service breakfast for diamonds at no charge. It was delicious!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:56 am

If anyone is interested there is a crazy promo right now for stays through dec 26th @ $129 a night plus tax and includes the resort fee and parking. If anyone is interested pm me because I need to dig it up from facebook.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
absolutely +1
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:27 am

Could someone provide some guidance on breakfast options for non-diamonds? Onsite as well as nearby within walking distance...
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Originally Posted by ruahamore
Could someone provide some guidance on breakfast options for non-diamonds? Onsite as well as nearby within walking distance...
I was there last February and loved the hotel, but I'm Diamond. Have to say that this is the first breakfast buffet I've ever been to where they had artisan salads (really good ones at that) for breakfast. I want to say the buffet would have been in the High 20's or mid 30's per person, but ours was comped with status.

Going off memory, the hotel is next to the village and there are some places to eat there, however nothing stood out and most of it is non-chain. The hotel does have a really good grab and go place on-site with deli sandwiches and breakfast items. We thought prices weren't too bad for a hotel grab and go or Beaver Creek in General.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Dettmann1
I was there last February and loved the hotel, but I'm Diamond. Have to say that this is the first breakfast buffet I've ever been to where they had artisan salads (really good ones at that) for breakfast. I want to say the buffet would have been in the High 20's or mid 30's per person, but ours was comped with status.
Not saying the breakfast was bad by N American standards, but if you enjoy hotel breakfasts, go to Asia - the Asian hotels, Hong Kong, Tokyo etc blow their US and European counter-parts out of the water. Only problem is that you will never be the same again.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:35 pm

Hoping a GP veteran may be able to understand what is happening and help me out. Am interested in going skiing next winter between Christmas and New Year's and was looking at the PH Beaver Creek. Specific dates are 12/27/14-1/1/15. Right now, I can't look beyond the night of the 27th but have been checking 25-26th, 26th-27th etc and seeing no award availability.

At this point, I figure that the base rooms must be sold out. I review 12/2/14-12/3/14 and see award available for 'Alpine View King' for 22k points. So then my assumption is that the 'Alpine View King' is the base room for awards. This room type is consistently available for award stays until 12/20/14-12/21/14. On this date, I see 'Alpine View King' available for cash at $679 but no points availability.. This phenomena is repeated until 12/24, at which point, the 'Alpine View King' room type is no longer offered.

Why might a (presumably base) room be available for cash but not points?

Edit to add: I noticed same phenomenon (cash availability, but no points availability) over weekend of 12/5-12/7. Fri and Sat night show cash availability, but no points. Points availability back on Sunday night...

2nd Edit: Might be encountering a minimum stay policy. Looking at 12/22-12/27, I see the 'Alpine View King' room type available for cash, but it won't show availability in points.

Last edited by nittany987; Dec 28, 2013 at 9:49 pm
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

You might be running into the extraordinary demand period which properties can declare 2x a year to exclude awards or could be min stay requirements. I suggest that you PM our Gold Passport Concierge here on FT to find out fir sure what the story is. Could be as simple as inventory not yet loaded.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nittany987
....2nd Edit: Might be encountering a minimum stay policy. Looking at 12/22-12/27, I see the 'Alpine View King' room type available for cash, but it won't show availability in points.
PHBC has a 7-day minimum for stays during Xmas/New year.@:-) It is available using points if base room is available.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 3:19 pm

PHBC has a 7-day minimum for stays during Xmas/New year.@:-) It is available using points if base room is available.
Gotcha...do you know if this information is posted anywhere publicly? I looked at the hotel's website and couldn't find it.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:14 pm

Regarding the minimum night stay for awards between Christmas and New Years; though it wasn't available online, when I called yesterday I was able to get a points stay from December 29th to January 3rd (5 nights). Online, it looks like there is a 6 night minimum, and I just don't have enough points for that.

Unfortunately, the only room I could get with 2 beds was an ADA room with 2 doubles. I was hoping for the "queen/queen" room.

I'm very excited to have gotten the 5 nights, as I have been wanting to try this hotel during ski season for a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.