Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Sorry it's a little unclear reading between the lines... does this property charge the $50 resort fee is staying on points? I see indications it does not when using credit card free nights, but ambiguous about points bookings.
No, they don't. I had a mixed stay, one night paid, one night points. Resort fee showed up for both nights but they then waived it for the points night.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
They definitely do not charge the resort fee on a points stay. However, you still have to pay for the parking and spa access.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
The hotel is for sale apparently. http://www.vaildaily.com/news/announ...tt-is-for-sale
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Wow, so a chance this loses Hyatt status soon?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 2:51 pm

Do any of you know is the ski valet is free of charge?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jorge18
Do any of you know is the ski valet is free of charge?
Yes free and they are awesome. Please tip generously.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, so a chance this loses Hyatt status soon?
Doubtful. PHBC has changed owners three times and has always remained as a Hyatt managed resort.^
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
just booked an overnight stay for mid April and it only charged me $25 for the resort fee. Is this a mistake? Any idea if this will be adjusted upon check in? Anybody ever park in one of the other garages to avoid the $50/n parking (it hurts so much )

on a single night Mid-April stay should I use a DSU or do you guys think I'll have a good chance of politely requesting a suite?

first time to PHBC and just using this night as a stopping point on our way to GJ after a long day of flying into DIA with a toddler.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by DjRashonal
just booked an overnight stay for mid April and it only charged me $25 for the resort fee. Is this a mistake? Any idea if this will be adjusted upon check in? Anybody ever park in one of the other garages to avoid the $50/n parking (it hurts so much )

on a single night Mid-April stay should I use a DSU or do you guys think I'll have a good chance of politely requesting a suite?

first time to PHBC and just using this night as a stopping point on our way to GJ after a long day of flying into DIA with a toddler.
I stayed over the summer a couple of years ago and the resort fee was $25 as was parking in the off season.

You can not apply a DSU at PHBC, but I've usually gotten a fireside suite if one is available.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:50 pm

Do they still allow room service as diamond breakfast?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Do they still allow room service as diamond breakfast?
When I was there in February they were allowing diamond breakfast for room service.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:36 am

Looking at this place for a 3 night trip in February...What's the best option for parking if I don't want to pay $50 a night?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never mind.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by calmasahinducow
Looking at this place for a 3 night trip in February...What's the best option for parking if I don't want to pay $50 a night?
None really. Or hope for a major service screwup so you can ask for parking to be comped.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:31 pm

Years ago (and not even in recent years), you could probably get away with leaving your car at the Elk or Bear parking lots and take the shuttle up to the mountain. These were free day use lots. Starting this year, day parking is $10, free after 1 p.m., but no overnight parking. You will certainly get booted/towed if you try this now and anywhere in Avon.

Edit: Starting March 1st 2017, if you are a Globalist, you would apparently receive both of these on an Award stay:

- Waived resort fees on free night awards and eligible rates

- Enjoy complimentary parking with your free night award (available where parking can be charged to the guest’s room)

At $50 each, that would already be a $100 Globalist benefit per night.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Nov 1, 2016 at 5:54 pm Reason: new information; correcting poor grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.