Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Is finding rooms on a weekend (friday + saturday night) on points pretty much impossible during ski season here?

I just called customer service who looked up every weekend from january 2013 to april 2013 with no availability until late april which is probably too late for skiing.
Just an FYI, I've seen in the past where the website has more availability over the phone rep. I know it sounds crazy, but this hapened to me for Paris. Agen checked every weekend and nothing but I check on line at the same time and found some dates. just an fyi..
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
i read it on mommypoints blog.

and you can see it in action pretty easily. just try booking 2 paid nights online during ski season. says hotel not available. extend to 4 nights and boom availability shows up
Correct just tried it for myself.

But I called again, spoke with another agent, and somehow she managed to do 2 1 night bookings using the award nights for February.

I looooove Hyatt, so excited already!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Awesome! Hyatt is so flexible sometimes! I love it. Breskfast at the Park Hyatt is great. Order anything, do not go for the buffet. Order off the menu. My wife and I order 3 full breakfast. All comped for Diamonds on an award.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Awesome! Hyatt is so flexible sometimes! I love it. Breskfast at the Park Hyatt is great. Order anything, do not go for the buffet. Order off the menu. My wife and I order 3 full breakfast. All comped for Diamonds on an award.
That's great to know. I booked this hotel using the FRTIME rate (4th night free + free daily breakfast) in November. Looking forward to the stay for the breakfast alone.

Are there things to do in or near the hotel in the off-season?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Underground parking was free - enter Gerald Ford lot, park all the way at the end and walk out on the other side - PH elevator will be to the left just past valet entrance.
Originally Posted by jayer
I hate tack-on posts and this is one, but for those who have never been here before like me, follow the "All Public Parking" sign up Village Drive. Gerald R. Ford lot is I recall the second on the left and is marked on the front. The floor you enter on from Village Drive is under the floor the Hyatt reserved parking is on. I never found an elevator but you can take a stairs in the back one floor to the Hyatt parking floor and there is a side door to the Hyatt elevator.
Can anyone update if this free parking option is still valid?

Beavercreek.com has a one-liner which states "Paid parking garage for visitors open from 7:00am to 11:00pm. Located in the Main Village, just before the skier bridge. Parking is free for the first 2 hours."
Old May 8, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by TerryK
All rooms in PHBC are the same size, irrespective of view. As a Diamond who has spent 300+ nights at PHBC, I often get a minor view upgrade, but room size is exactly the same. They have a handful of Park Fireside Suites (Junior Suites) but they are hard to come by as upgrades. Other suites are huge and usually go for several thousands per night, no chance of upgrade to that.
Writing this from the James Chadwick suite (rooms 4003, 4005, 4007), so they do upgrade into bigger suites, but of course staying here in the low low low season helps. In fact, they even gave us the connecting second bedroom, for a party of two, so we definitely have enough space.

Service is excellent and I would say some of the common areas, such as the bar/restaurant, resemble a Park Hyatt. The hotel feels a little like PH Toronto, but with more intimate service. I think I could warm up to this place, Carmel also took a couple stays, but the lack of wood-burning fireplaces in the room, they are gas burning, and the overall ambiance is just not quite the same. Of course, the location is terrific when the white stuff is around and that is a huge selling point no doubt.

The decor of the rooms is dated and in no way resembles the understated contemporary look that one would expect from a Park Hyatt (we asked for a tour of standard rooms and a Park Fireside suite). One just has to adjust expectations accordingly. The hotel will undergo a room refresh in the fall, when they will close the property for about a month. Bathroom amenities are from the on-property spa, but the soap bars are Lather branded, along with different brands for other bathroom items, which seems a little odd. The bedding appeared indistinguishable from standard Hilton issue, with perhaps a less comfortable mattress. Again, don't expect luxury. Noise insulation is severely lacking. We had to get up at 5AM this morning for a work meeting and were confronted with a noise complaint when all we did was shower and get dressed. The top floor, 5th floor, is all timeshare units. Those units appear much, much nicer appointed.

Elite recognition is truly above and beyond and I will just mention this, because it seemed so very generous. We received a fruit plate, chips and salsa, a full bottle of Sonoma Cutrer chardonnay plus another half bottle of the same wine, plus a dessert plate. Then there was gift basket with a bottle of pinot noir and various snacks and fruit in the kitchen. In the fridge, was an assortment of soft drinks and a small glass container of half and half. The latter we tend to request in the morning in Hyatt rooms that have a coffee maker, so it looks like the property anticipated our request. Rather amazing. And then there was the typical note from the GM, this one with his cell phone number.

Definitely a solid property with 5-star service.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sensei
Writing this from the James Chadwick suite (rooms 4003, 4005, 4007), so they do upgrade into bigger suites....
Dude, you have Courtesy Card, I am only plebeian Diamond. James Chadwick Suite is their equivalent of Presidential Suite.

Originally Posted by sensei
....Elite recognition is truly above and beyond and I will just mention this, because it seemed so very generous. We received a fruit plate, chips and salsa, a full bottle of Sonoma Cutrer chardonnay plus another half bottle of the same wine, plus a dessert plate. Then there was gift basket with a bottle of pinot noir and various snacks and fruit in the kitchen. In the fridge, was an assortment of soft drinks and a small glass container of half and half....
Wish they would do the same for Diamonds.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:18 am

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek

anyone know if i can book 3 nights at park hyatt beaver creek using points over presidents day weekend? regular website booking appears to require a 5 day minimum. it would be 2/15-2/18/2014. let me know if you've had success in the past. i'm waiting on some points to finalize in order to book.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tjs198
......regular website booking appears to require a 5 day minimum....
Same minimum stay applies to point bookings. The property can waive it but not required. You are looking at busiest time of the year. Good luck.

Last edited by TerryK; Aug 27, 2013 at 5:11 am Reason: grammar
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
Had to book award 7 nights over Christmas. No waiver.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
According to their website, this is the last weekend they will be open before the renovation.

The Park Hyatt Beaver Creek will be closed from October 20 through November 19 for renovations. Please contact the hotel at 970-949-1234 with any questions you may have.
I'm booked here in June for part of my honeymoon. I'd love to hear what any of you think of the renovations between now and then. My reservation is for a Fireside Suite.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Did anyone visit the PH BC after the Fall renovation/room update? Would appreciate any updates.

Also, what's the latest insider info on parking during the Winter season? Website now says $50/day for valet service, which is fairly expensive. If the only free/cheap option is the base free lots, can someone comment if it's possible to drive up to the entrance, unload, and then drive back to leave the car? How reliable are the free shuttles?

Lastly, any recommendations regarding dining (both upscale and budget - we like to mix things) are welcome.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I noticed a stealth change in resort fee on my existing reservation. The banner on the website still says $25/day, and I took a screenshot the other day for proof. However, my reservation is showing $35/day on the resort fee line.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by todorovic
Did anyone visit the PH BC after the Fall renovation/room update? Would appreciate any updates.
would like this info also although im going next week so will update after my stay. Also does anyone know if they have a club? I dont think so but just double checking.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by myb821
would like this info also although im going next week so will update after my stay. Also does anyone know if they have a club? I dont think so but just double checking.
Was there until Monday. Rooms were "refreshed" - new wallpaper, new carpets, new headboard, new chair/sofa, and new coffee table. Other than these in the rooms, and two new lighting fixtures in the bathrooms, no major updates. The lobby bathroom has been renovated.

There is no club.

I stayed at the Residences wing, so no change there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.