FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:43 pm
TerryK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotHome
If that is the case they need to review the map on the back of the door. Take a look next time you are there.
I guess you are right after all. I didn't look at floor plan carefully in the 50+ stays I had at PHBC.

I was assigned one of those smaller rooms last week and decided to look at floor plan closely and walked around. It appears that each end of hallways are designed with alcoves for room access. As a result, the last room of each hallway is slightly larger, while the second to last is slightly smaller as part of the room is taken up by the alcove. That smaller room also has the distinction of having a single sink instead of dual sinks for all other rooms. This is irrespective of views. The four view category rooms are the same size except those two and a few larger rooms without balconies. Those rooms have balcony space enclosed indoor as trade offs. I think you are better off with the balcony if you have Village or Slopeside views.

Even though the snow was scarce, I enjoyed the sunny weather along with excellent location and service from PHBC. Some seasonal employees are still clueless, however. The check in agent asked if it was my first visit to PHBC even though she checked me out one week ago. Must have been due to my average Joe look. Then, after I complained about my smaller than average room and single sink, she tried to tell me that all rooms are the same size with single sink.

Last edited by TerryK; Apr 8, 2012 at 1:21 am