Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Any ideas/ suggestions what to expect in terms of a DSU I applied to an upcoming 7 night stay? The resort seems huge and asking for a room with a view seems the best option, correct?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by EHAM1
Any ideas/ suggestions what to expect in terms of a DSU I applied to an upcoming 7 night stay? The resort seems huge and asking for a room with a view seems the best option, correct?
I'd rather get a suite that wasn't 10 miles from the lounge (slight exageration on distance).
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
We're considering spending a week at GH Bali in Sep '18 on a P&C rate and applying an Explorist Club Access Award (I'll be losing Glob status in March). I've ready through the last 3 yr of posts and it seems that almost everyone, especially those that were happy with the property, was using a suite upgrade. Any thoughts on whether it is worth going out of our way to go here when we would only have a standard room?

We're not much on swimming, might use the pools just a bit. Mostly just like walking along the beach, or resort grounds, and relaxing on a balcony (or in this case maybe in the club lounge) with a pleasant view. Only resorts we've been to have been Hawaii (a dozen times or so) and thought we'd try something different (and somewhat closer).
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
We're considering spending a week at GH Bali in Sep '18 on a P&C rate and applying an Explorist Club Access Award (I'll be losing Glob status in March). I've ready through the last 3 yr of posts and it seems that almost everyone, especially those that were happy with the property, was using a suite upgrade. Any thoughts on whether it is worth going out of our way to go here when we would only have a standard room?

We're not much on swimming, might use the pools just a bit. Mostly just like walking along the beach, or resort grounds, and relaxing on a balcony (or in this case maybe in the club lounge) with a pleasant view. Only resorts we've been to have been Hawaii (a dozen times or so) and thought we'd try something different (and somewhat closer).
I can't say how they'll treat you on the Explorist club cert, but from my stays here (fairly infrequent -- maybe once every 18 months), I think the property has a history of going above and beyond. I just stayed here as Globalist (shudder) on P&C and (without using an upgrade cert) was upgraded to a Grand Executive Suite (one category above DSU suite). So I would assume that they'll treat you well on an Explorist club certificate.

The property is well kept and sits on a huge amount of ocean front property. I stayed with two Japanese friends, and they were impressed by the gardens, as well as the club lounge, which is fully outdoors, surrounded by koi ponds (feels similar to Tidepools at GH Kauai). There are loungers by the beach, and the pool is great for kids. Lots to do nearby -- there's a beach walk that allows access to other hotels (e.g., the Laguna and St Regis, which have excellent food options). Nusa Dua is a gated community and feels a lot less chaotic (and more boring) than other parts of Bali. There's lots to do outside Nusa Dua, of course, and I'd recommend taking a daytrip or two to see some of the sights.

I'd think if you've never been, Bali may be worth checking out, and the GH is a good base.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by jpdx
I can't say how they'll treat you on the Explorist club cert, but from my stays here (fairly infrequent -- maybe once every 18 months), I think the property has a history of going above and beyond. I just stayed here as Globalist (shudder) on P&C and (without using an upgrade cert) was upgraded to a Grand Executive Suite (one category above DSU suite). So I would assume that they'll treat you well on an Explorist club certificate.

The property is well kept and sits on a huge amount of ocean front property. I stayed with two Japanese friends, and they were impressed by the gardens, as well as the club lounge, which is fully outdoors, surrounded by koi ponds (feels similar to Tidepools at GH Kauai). There are loungers by the beach, and the pool is great for kids. Lots to do nearby -- there's a beach walk that allows access to other hotels (e.g., the Laguna and St Regis, which have excellent food options). Nusa Dua is a gated community and feels a lot less chaotic (and more boring) than other parts of Bali. There's lots to do outside Nusa Dua, of course, and I'd recommend taking a daytrip or two to see some of the sights.

I'd think if you've never been, Bali may be worth checking out, and the GH is a good base.
Thanks for comments. I certainly would not expect any type of suite as an Explorist staying the first time, and on a cheap P&C rate to boot, but it would be nice to get a decent room somewhat close to the lounge. I have yet to see too many reports on how properties are treating these Explorist Club Access Awards. It would have been nice if WoH had made it a Club Room Upgrade, and then I would have a better idea of what we would be getting. I sure am going to miss being Diamond...

My main objective it to use up some UA miles on a *A award in Sep '18 before they devalue, and based on weather, likely flight award availability, etc, I think I've narrowed it down to Bali or Sydney; we're really tired of crossing too many time zones.

Thanks again.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Thanks for comments. I certainly would not expect any type of suite as an Explorist staying the first time, and on a cheap P&C rate to boot, but it would be nice to get a decent room somewhat close to the lounge. I have yet to see too many reports on how properties are treating these Explorist Club Access Awards. It would have been nice if WoH had made it a Club Room Upgrade, and then I would have a better idea of what we would be getting. I sure am going to miss being Diamond...

My main objective it to use up some UA miles on a *A award in Sep '18 before they devalue, and based on weather, likely flight award availability, etc, I think I've narrowed it down to Bali or Sydney; we're really tired of crossing too many time zones.

Thanks again.
Sydney! 'nuff said!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Sydney! 'nuff said!
Unless you have a lot of cash to spend, Sydney properties, especially the PH are going to be considerably more expensive in every way, than Bali.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I stayed as a Diamond in November 2016 and wasn't upgraded to a suite, so ymmv. I thought the beach at GH Bali was very nice, and enjoyed the long beach walk up to St. Regis. The food at the resort was consistently overpriced and not very good, so if you go there plan to go across the street for food. The club lounge had a nice setting, but the lounge food was again disappointing compared to other GH's like Macau or Jakarta. The main draw is the beach, for sure.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Not showing up on Hyatt site / app

Anyone else notice that the hotel is no longer showing up on the Hyatt website or on the app? I checked a variety of dates over the next 6 months. I keep getting the message "No Hotels Found." The reason I ask is because I have a booking in Dec and like to check on pricing from time to time. Obviously this makes that impossible.

Last edited by tigerwong; Nov 3, 2017 at 5:36 pm
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:52 pm

Website works for me just fine.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can’t find the GH Bali on the mobile or normal website at the moment. Not unusual for Hyatt’s flakey IT, though, especially on weekends.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:15 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
No problem.. still there..

https://bali.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I just stayed at the GH Bali. For some reason, you can’t find it if you enter Bali as the location but it is there if you search for Grand Hyatt Bali. When you type in Bali, there should be a drop down, just select GH Bali and search for dates.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
This did the trick. Thanks.

Originally Posted by SP03
I just stayed at the GH Bali. For some reason, you can’t find it if you enter Bali as the location but it is there if you search for Grand Hyatt Bali. When you type in Bali, there should be a drop down, just select GH Bali and search for dates.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA
We stayed there at either end of a Wakatobi trip. First night regular room (got in late, left early), then later 2 nights in Club room. Rooms were very similar. Clubbroom on ground floor by Club pool. Place is huge. Very nice pools and clean beach. Club itself was very good but iirc alcohol limited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.