Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:12 am

staying here in a few days. anyone have preferences of grand suite (which look to be renovated) vs executive suites (larger)?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
staying here in a few days. anyone have preferences of grand suite (which look to be renovated) vs executive suites (larger)?
All the suites were remodeled ~ the same time a few years ago, recently the GH Club was remodeled,
Offerings in the PM have been good with a nice variety that changes nightly.

For me the Grand suites usually offer better views and are large enough at 98sqm.The one time I had an exec suite it faced the parking lot of the Bali Collection with a lot of wasted space.

Quiet here now, seems most of nusa dua is, weather good.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Direct email address

Would someone be willing to share an email address for someone at the GH Bali? I'm spending nearly a week there over the holidays and I want discuss some arrangements. I'm a Diamond, if it makes a difference.

Feel free to PM me. Thank you very much in advance.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
All the suites were remodeled ~ the same time a few years ago, recently the GH Club was remodeled,
Offerings in the PM have been good with a nice variety that changes nightly.

For me the Grand suites usually offer better views and are large enough at 98sqm.The one time I had an exec suite it faced the parking lot of the Bali Collection with a lot of wasted space.

Quiet here now, seems most of nusa dua is, weather good.
thanks for the insight. they ended up putting is in an executive club suite, which was nice. lot of space to roam. definitely lucky out on the weather while there!

agreed, the evening offerings were great while we were there.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How does GH compare to Fairmont?
I really dislike the generic Nusa Dua resort development around GH but i wonder if it has any advantages over Fairmont aside from Diamond breakfast and other benefits...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HGH Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis PP.
Booked C&P on a Grand King for 3/8-3/10/2016. *crosses fingers*
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I passed by the grounds of the Bali Hyatt yesterday. I couldn't see that any work has been done lately.

Our driver mentioned no work has been done for quite some time. Makes me sad.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I cannot say that I'm surprised..... I remain skeptical that we will see anything under the Hyatt brand here again.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Just made a c&p with DSU booking for March. The phone agent assigned us a Grand Suite King. We'll see what they give us at check-in.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Asked a similar question on the Marriott page and got no response so might as well try here.

I'm between GH Bali for $175/night plus DSU or RC Bali for 200k points for 5 nights. I'm Diamond with Hyatt (thanks to match) and Platinum at Marriott (though not particularly helpful for RC property).

I'm inclined to think GH is the better move and save the MR points for something else (could be valuable for 5 nights at some SPG properties assuming no major devaluation - If used for RC it would wipe out my current MR balance).

Especially given the reasonably low rate at GH Bali (plus can go via Citi Prestige and get 4th night free so $636 USD for 4 nights) and the fact that breakfast would be covered and potentially a dinner or two if we weren't particularly hungry and could sustain ourselves on the offering in the Club at the GH.

Thoughts from anyone who has been to either property?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:11 pm

Stayed a few nights here. Used DSU to upgrade. Was given a choice of a suite near the club; or an ocean view suite a little far away from the club.

Ocean view suite won...hands down. The view was great!

The suite was pretty nice overall. Bed was firm and we loved it.

The property is definitely beautiful and the grounds are maintained well.

We did not enjoy the food...I communicated with the hotel prior to arrival about food needs. But, after arrival, it appeared that no one knew what to do with someone who does not eat meat
In fact the Asst F&B manager told the Grand Club staff that we could eat "salad" and could not do anything else! (or some words similar to that effect)
The club staff tried real hard to work something out....but no one seemed to want to help. We just ended up taking taxis to go to Seminyak for eating.

On the last day, i spoke to someone in the management team as well as the head chef. Apparently my emails did not get communicated to the chef or his team. No idea how. I swear the club staff called the chef's team so many times during our stay!!!

The concierge staff at this hotel were completely useless. Any question had the response of "oh i dont know".
Whatever. We found our answers on the internet, etc.

There is a taxi stand at the hotel...where they call a regular meter-taxi for you.
We lucked with mostly good taxi drivers.

We only had one taxi where the A/C did not work and the meter was running super fast (reached 19K in a kilometer)......we told him to stop the car and got out (did pay him whatever was on the meter).

There is the "Bali Collection"....collection of over-priced handicrafts, arts, restaurants gift shops, etc...this is literally outside the hotel entrance.
We ate once in the UNO pizzeria there...barely edible.

tHe hotel has an ATM, money changer and some assorted shops...all super over-priced as expected.

We did not use the Spa at all...as we Spa'd in Seminyak while walking there and finding restaurants.
So, hotel lost our food and spa revenue.

This hotel is just too big for its own good I think. They have to seriously improve their communication skills among / between staff and guests.

As already mentioned upthread Nusa Dua is kind of isolated. You need a taxi / car service to do anything else.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Taxi from airport

Does anyone have tips for how to get to the hotel? Should I reserve a private taxi in advance? How much should a metered cab cost? The hotel is quoting $35 for a Toyota Innova.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by 54austin
Does anyone have tips for how to get to the hotel? Should I reserve a private taxi in advance? How much should a metered cab cost? The hotel is quoting $35 for a Toyota Innova.
A coupon taxi should be 150000 IDR a little over $11usd,or you can bargain outside and get one a little cheaper, YMMV.
Before exiting you will find the coupon counter.

I've heard Uber is even cheaper but never have used it.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:17 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The coupons to Nusa Dua were 175k IDR the last few times I used the airport counter. This doesn't include the 10k for the Tollway (much faster). Going back to the airport by metered taxi runs 80-100k IDR, so quite a bit cheaper than the coupons. I'm not aware that it's possible to negotiate the ex-airport trip to that rate with the coupon counter or taxi drivers waiting to pick up (but I've been quoted higher rates a few times). I suppose if you wanted to try, it'd be advisable to head upstairs to the departures level and try to hail a cab that just dropped someone off. Uber is quite cheap in Bali, but I've never used them from the airport and don't know if they're allowed to pick up.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by 54austin
The taxis at the airport are a ripoff compared to other options.

When we arrived at the beginning of the month, it was 200k to Benoa (same distance as Nusa Dua, but pricing might be a little different).

You can get an Uber at the airport for 40-60k to Nusa Dua or Benoa. It's really easy to get one. They seemed to have 5-6 at the airport, so just took 2 minutes.

I've gotten Innova and the slightly smaller Avanzas at the airport.

If you do want a higher end service, you can get a Golden Bird Innova for 215k. This is what most hotels book for you.

In the last 3 weeks, I've used Uber a dozen times. From a short drive down the street, to returning from Ubud to Benoa (130k), no major problems.

There are tons of Uber drivers in Kuta, Nusa Dua, Ubud, etc. In upper Benoa, drivers fall off after 10pm.

The toll fee is now 11k. Uber adds it onto your bill. If you take Uber to the airport, you pay a 3k parking fee, also added onto your bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.