Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:46 am

We have stayed at the GH Bali several times and will continue. I am diamond so maybe am afforded different benefits than non diamond. We are totally impressed with the service and anemities given to us each time.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nickp7286
Hello All, I will be visiting Bali for the first time in August. I am considering staying at the GH Bali to take advantage of points/annual Chase CC free nights. The reviews overall seem mixed. One question, how is the beach compared to the other Nusa Dua hotels (Laguna, Ritz, St Regis)? Is the beach private/are chairs provided/etc? I can see pictures of the beach area at the other hotels I mentioned but nothing on the GH website. I stayed at the GH in KL last year and it was great! Based on the above, I'm not expecting the GH Bali to be quite as modern but am still hoping it will be a nice experience.
If you are a Diamond, you will probably get a renovated Club room, otherwise, other rooms are definitely tired. The grounds are kept in immaculate condition, but the hotel generally is dated.

Nevertheless, we had a great 6 days there. The beach was the highlight. There are plentiful chairs reserved only for Hyatt guests. While no umbrellas, they are may that under the cover of leafy trees. Hyatt also has people collect the seaweed periodically, which kept the beach relatively clean. This might all be seasonal (we were there between Christmas and New Year's).
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:48 am

I am spending now 5 days here. Got a Executive Suite with DSU after asking for sea view. The suite is in a bad condition and not properly clean. Also, sea view is not existent since the suite is on the Ground Floor.
The gardens are very beautiful.
Cant confirm that they treat diamonds very well. Not even breakfast in the restaurant is possible, only in Grand Club.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I've been keen on trying the Grand for a long time but the last 40 or so posts have left me seriously thinking twice. I've secured a flexi rate over Easter at USD205 but rates in the week after are USD350.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by danger
I've been keen on trying the Grand for a long time but the last 40 or so posts have left me seriously thinking twice. I've secured a flexi rate over Easter at USD205 but rates in the week after are USD350.
IMHO, 350 is simply way too high for this property.
Granted the grounds are well maintained...but still.......
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
All, many thanks for the feedback. I'm only Platinum so I'd like to email the hotel to see if I can confirm a club room upgrade with cash. I emailed the general email address on tad hotel website over a week ago with no reply. Does anyone have a direct email address I can use?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Don't forget the tax is 21%
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Unless that's normal for that time of the year. You can do a lot better for 350USD.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by afa340
I am spending now 5 days here. Got a Executive Suite with DSU after asking for sea view. The suite is in a bad condition and not properly clean. Also, sea view is not existent since the suite is on the Ground Floor.
The gardens are very beautiful.
Cant confirm that they treat diamonds very well. Not even breakfast in the restaurant is possible, only in Grand Club.
Hmmm this has me concerned about an upcoming 5 night GH Bali stay as a Diamond using a DSU.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by afa340
A lot of properties don't allow breakfast in the restaurant.... it's not a Diamond benefit, you get club access...that's it.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I've been keen on trying the Grand for a long time but the last 40 or so posts have left me seriously thinking twice.
Quite frankly, it sounds like a lot of posters go in with the wrong expectations. This happens a lot for these holiday hotels, where people spend their one week vacation a year and think that everything must be prefect and the hotel has to treat them like demigods. The reality is that Hyatt Gold Passport doesn't require that hotels provide either full restaurant breakfast (if there's a club lounge) or upgrades to suites without using DSU. Some hotels go above and beyond; this one doesn't, but it's still a great club and very nice suites. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and you have a pretty good chance of getting a 1000 or even 1400sqft (100/140sqm) suite when using a DSU. I wouldn't stay here on a $300 rate, but it's great on a $130 BRG, and C&P is also good value (with DSU applied). IMO, GH Bali is preferable to its immediate competitors (Laguna, Westin, Conrad), and is also the best of the admittedly small number of Hyatt resorts in SE Asia (Phuket, Hua Hin, Danang).
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:34 am

why don't you do 75 plus points? then you can also ask for DSU?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
We're about to leave for Bali and spend four nights at the Grand Hyatt (four more after that in Ubud). Any advice on what the dress code is like here? We're so used to Hawaii, where flipflops are acceptable anywhere... but realize other cultures have different standards. Should we plan long pants/dresses and close-toed shoes for dinners?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
Quite frankly, it sounds like a lot of posters go in with the wrong expectations. This happens a lot for these holiday hotels, where people spend their one week vacation a year and think that everything must be prefect and the hotel has to treat them like demigods. The reality is that Hyatt Gold Passport doesn't require that hotels provide either full restaurant breakfast (if there's a club lounge) or upgrades to suites without using DSU. Some hotels go above and beyond; this one doesn't, but it's still a great club and very nice suites. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and you have a pretty good chance of getting a 1000 or even 1400sqft (100/140sqm) suite when using a DSU. I wouldn't stay here on a $300 rate, but it's great on a $130 BRG, and C&P is also good value (with DSU applied). IMO, GH Bali is preferable to its immediate competitors (Laguna, Westin, Conrad), and is also the best of the admittedly small number of Hyatt resorts in SE Asia (Phuket, Hua Hin, Danang).
One of the main complaints about GH Bali is that rooms are dated. I was hoping the Bali Hyatt--closed for refurbishment--will reopen and offer an updated option. Unfortunately, based on an FB report--it does not seem likely the Hyatt Bali will reopen anytime soon--if ever.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by julp
We're about to leave for Bali and spend four nights at the Grand Hyatt (four more after that in Ubud). Any advice on what the dress code is like here? We're so used to Hawaii, where flipflops are acceptable anywhere... but realize other cultures have different standards. Should we plan long pants/dresses and close-toed shoes for dinners?

Thanks for any advice!
Dress code is nonexistant, I think. I always wear shorts, and have never had complaints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.