Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by peteropny
I don't necessarily like them either but when they were created, comments were on more than one property in one thread so they were difficult to separate out. They are no longer being created however.
Perhaps a new thread for the BH/HR when the opening date is firm?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:54 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Perhaps a new thread for the BH/HR when the opening date is firm?
Yes definitely, and I'll go ahead and rename this one for the GH.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:41 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I spent four nights at GH Bali in late August and wanted to address some of the questions posed on the last few pages.

We were on a C&P rate with a DSU applied, and were initially assigned the standard DSU suite (100sqm) in the club building. Not sure if this suite was remodeled, but it certainly didn’t strike me as worn. I’d say it was in above-average shape, comparable in upkeep to the suite I’d had a few weeks ago at Hyatt Danang, and more modern than say, GH Kauai or the non-remodeled rooms at GH HK (which were truly in desperate condition). Well laid-out, well decorated, functional, with plenty of electrical outlets (including right next to the bed, which IME, is a feature not usually found in rooms that haven’t been updated in 20 years). There was a slight issue with the shower water (funky smell), and when I asked for engineering, the club staff immediately offered to move us to one of the larger (130sqm) suites. This one was also in very good shape, although it lacked the multitude of electrical outlets, so perhaps it was a bit older. I chatted with some of the staff (who are amazingly friendly), and was told that complaints about wear are common; however, I didn’t think at all that that the hotel is in terrible shape.

The property is huge, and I can see how it’d be annoying to hike from the room to the club if you’re in buildings 3 or 4. The club lounge is decent, with acceptable breakfast options for Europeans or Americans, but no local fare; evening cocktail hour has a couple of hot dishes along with small plates of appetizers. Enough for a light dinner, if you’re so inclined. Oddly, they don’t have mixed tropical drinks (Mai Tai etc.), but they will happily oblige if you ask them to bring pineapple juice with rum.

I’ve stayed at several of the large international Nusa Dua hotels with top-tier status in the respective programs – Westin, Laguna, Conrad, GH – and I’d say the Hyatt is the best option. Conrad has the least appealing beach and was really stingy with upgrades, but has a better club than the Hyatt. Westin and Laguna don’t have a club, but provide free breakfast and afternoon tea, and will upgrade to suites if available. Hyatt has the best beach and most “American” pool (more Hawaii than Bali), and the DSU suite is hard to beat (and apparently, they happily upgrade beyond the entry-level suite). I’d say, with a DSU, the Hyatt is the clear winner; without, I’d probably take my chances at Westin if I cared about a suite.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
I just got an email from the Grand Hyatt Bali regarding my upcoming reservation--

"Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Bali!

We are holding confirm your booking and to inform you that there will be major incentive group in house for Nov 16 – 30, 2015 which took about 500 rooms back to back and they will use almost all the hotel outlets. Please note the activities of the group in public area, such as pools, beach, restaurants however we still open the restaurants, pools for public partially as well as other facilities.
We would like you are aware of this situation may affect your convenience during the stay.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter and please do contact us if could be of any further assistance

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort

Thank you and best regards,"

Sounds awful to me and I am not sure what to do, any suggestions?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
That explains why the hotel was sold out for two weeks around Thanksgiving! I thought it was so odd... now I know. Good luck!
Old Sep 12, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wilma
I just got an email from the Grand Hyatt Bali regarding my upcoming reservation--

"Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Bali!

We are holding confirm your booking and to inform you that there will be major incentive group in house for Nov 16 – 30, 2015 which took about 500 rooms back to back and they will use almost all the hotel outlets. Please note the activities of the group in public area, such as pools, beach, restaurants however we still open the restaurants, pools for public partially as well as other facilities.
We would like you are aware of this situation may affect your convenience during the stay.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter and please do contact us if could be of any further assistance

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort

Thank you and best regards,"

I'd cancel and make another booking elsewhere if i were you. From my experience service was always so-so the three times i stayed there. I would imagine it would be much worse with the incentive group around.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by rhu171
I'd cancel and make another booking elsewhere if i were you. From my experience service was always so-so the three times i stayed there. I would imagine it would be much worse with the incentive group around.
Slightly Off topic.
What is an incentive group? Like a group that has motivational talks, etc?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Slightly Off topic.
What is an incentive group? Like a group that has motivational talks, etc?
I could be wrong but sounds like like some company giving out free trips to Bali (including stays at the GH) to reward employees for meeting sales targets, performance goals, or something along those lines.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
even Diamond booking guarantee isnt working for some days in between these dates...
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:23 am

I suppose we should find another place to stay but had a Cash & points & diamond suite upgrade reservation!
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by rhu171
I could be wrong but sounds like like some company giving out free trips to Bali (including stays at the GH) to reward employees for meeting sales targets, performance goals, or something along those lines.
^
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wilma
Don't hesitate.... run. This will most likely be drunken loudmouths everywhere and dismal service.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Don't hesitate.... run. This will most likely be drunken loudmouths everywhere and dismal service.
Yes, good advice.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes definitely, and I'll go ahead and rename this one for the GH.
I've renamed this thread - so it's for the GH (and the Bali Hyatt prior to closing in 11/14). A new thread will be created when/if that property reopens.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
3 night stay last week

Booked on points. Called 1 month before and debated doing the C&P option (which was available) but decided just to burn some points.

Check in : Greeted at the taxi drop off by one staff member who took us to the Club area for check in. Given our welcome drinks, got the keys and were immediately taken to room.

Room : No one mentioned the room type at check in. We ended up with the Executive Suite, which was a surprise to me. Nice patio set up, plenty of outlets all around, and even a yoga mat provided. Basket of fruit was already in our dining room.

Evening Club service : We arrived at 6PM so in time for the evening hot dish offering (5:30 to 7 or so). I was impressed with the spread. Each night there were 2 hot dishes, one soup option, several cold dishes ("sushi", gado gado, ceviche), bread options, and several desserts. This could easily be made into a dinner if so desired.

Breakfast : I asked for breakfast options, and was given options to have it at the Club, or 2 of the other restaurants on site (Garden Cafe, Salsa Verde). Spread at the Club was very underwhelming ... so we ate at the Garden Cafe instead.

Gym : Older machines (Lifetime I believe) but they did their job. Multiple treadmills, pull-up tower with cables, decent free weight options, smith machine, and a couple other isolation equipment. Pool in the back.

Beach : Our room was less than 5 minutes from the beach. Very nice beach compared to ones we saw at Kuta. Plenty of lounge chairs available.

Overall, more than impressed with the experience, the pleasant staff and would absolutely stay here again next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.