Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I just read on USA Today, about a 15 foot long Python that killed a security guard of a nearby restaurant, while he was trying to capture it. Very sad to hear.

The incident happened around 3am as the 4.5-meter-long python was slithering across a road near the Bali Hyatt hotel, said Agung Bawa, an assistant security manager at the hotel, which is closed for renovations until 2015.

The victim, Ambar Arianto Mulyo, was a 59-year-old security guard at a nearby restaurant.

He had offered to help capture the snake, which had apparently been spotted several times before near the hotel, located in Bali's Sanur area, Mr Bawa said.

Mulyo managed to secure the snake's head and tail and put it on his shoulders, but the python wrapped itself around his body and strangled him, said Bawa, who was present during the attack.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/python...-1226790906061
Didn't this happen at the Grand Hyatt Bali? I believe they're the ones going through renovation until 2015, no?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Didn't this happen at the Grand Hyatt Bali? I believe they're the ones going through renovation until 2015, no?
Nope, unless the GH moved to Sanur.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: All of them
Does a points booking for a normal room at the GH include breakfast? I'm a platinum, so I doubt I'll be upgraded.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goAsia
Does a points booking for a normal room at the GH include breakfast? I'm a platinum, so I doubt I'll be upgraded.
I think only Diamonds get breakfast in the club, or if you ask, you often get it in the restaurants, too. If I recall right, any suite booking gets club access, so you'd get it that way, too.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:30 pm

I think only Diamonds get breakfast in the club, or if you ask, you often get it in the restaurants, too. If I recall right, any suite booking gets club access, so you'd get it that way, too.
That's what I was thinking. I guess I'll just make a club room booking.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's what I was thinking. I guess I'll just make a club room booking.
Or do a diamond challenge? They usually have lots of suites to upgrade into, although not sure if their current renovations will effect this.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:24 am

Or do a diamond challenge? They usually have lots of suites to upgrade into, although not sure if their current renovations will effect this.
They're renovating too? I knew the Bali Hyatt was but wasn't aware the Grand Hyatt was too. Seems like a poor decision by Hyatt to renovate both of them at the same time.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They're renovating too? I knew the Bali Hyatt was but wasn't aware the Grand Hyatt was too. Seems like a poor decision by Hyatt to renovate both of them at the same time.
Kind of like airlines removing planes from service, and then overhauling some of the ones left. Prices are likely to go up.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:54 pm

Breakfast at GH Bali

What are breakfast prices at the hotel restaurants like? The My Elite rate is $149 but goes to $205 with breakfast. Worth it or not? Club rooms go up to $250. (Don't have Diamond status)
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by watashi
What are breakfast prices at the hotel restaurants like? The My Elite rate is $149 but goes to $205 with breakfast. Worth it or not? Club rooms go up to $250. (Don't have Diamond status)
I wouldn't pay $56 for breakfast for 2 people.

From memory, breakfast was under $20 nett. I ate at most, if not all breakfast places at the GH, and even at free for a diamond, I couldn't force myself to go everyday.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:37 am

Thinking about staying here in a couple weeks for 4 nights. Diamond status and planning to use suite upgrade cert. Can someone tell me which "wing" is under renovation, and which have already been renovated? Also, is the club lounge and pool closed already? Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
I wouldn't pay $56 for breakfast for 2 people.

From memory, breakfast was under $20 nett. I ate at most, if not all breakfast places at the GH, and even at free for a diamond, I couldn't force myself to go everyday.

So is breakfast free at this place if one uses a DSU or do you have to fork out the 20 per person for brekkie?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bacopa
So is breakfast free at this place if one uses a DSU or do you have to fork out the 20 per person for brekkie?
Breakfast is free at the lounge for diamonds.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Breakfast is free at the lounge for diamonds.
I'm referring to the breakfast buffet spread, not the continental brekkie spread served at the club lounge. I've heard conflicting reports in this thread and other threads as well.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bacopa
From memory, I believe suites entitle you to lounge access. If you are NOT a diamond when your stay occurs, you can ask for restaurant access, but who knows what they will give you.

As a Diamond in 2011, I asked for breakfasts in restaurants, with no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.