Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Dont agree regarding the beach - its one of the best beaches for a Hyatt hotel worldwide.
Prices seems to be lower as western prices.

Best regards from GH Bali
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by JFSV
I am seeing reward nights (entry level room) at the GH for just 3500 points per night. Looks like a good deal / good value for a few days with the family basically "for free", though I do not have status with Hyatt. Any recent stays? Is the beach any good? Also, I reckon breakfast should not be more than USD 10 per day per person? Thanks
It’s been 10-11 years since we’ve stayed at the GH, but most breakfasts are 150-200k IDR before tax/service.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
just finished a 2-night stay here. overall it was okay.

was upgraded to a grand executive suite on 3rd floor in south village which is apparently ANCIENT but very spacious and nice enough. i sensed damp smell in the living room but not too strong.

however, strong sewage smell in the toilet caught me anytime i used it and the toilet itself was not effective enough. unknown-branded bathroom amenities were provided but i didn't touch it.

tv signal was not good and the tv screen in the living room was way too small. (bedroom tv screen is quite bigger)

some lights are not working, it seemed like they have room maintenance issues.

the beach is very good. hotel grounds are nice and well maintained. didn't use anything (pool, gym, etc.) except the grand club.

most staffs are nice and helpful but i felt the level of service is not quite 'grand hyatt level' yet.

grand club while quite a nice and relaxing space, was meh in term of food and drink offering both breakfast and evening hours. this is the worst grand club i've been to in asia.

they allowed me to have breakfast in the restaurant (garden cafe or salsa verde). i tried it at garden cafe and found it equally disappointed as breakfast in the grand club. by asian standard, this is a big letdown.

so the final conclusion i made to myself is you get what you pay for.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Nov 8, 2022 at 9:41 pm
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Also just completed a two night stay here. Redeemed 14.000 Hyatt Points for two nights in Club Executive Suite. I do not have any elite status or such at Hyatt, so I consider this a very decent deal.

The night before this stay I had a one night stay at the Hyatt Regency Bali. The difference between this two properties is huge! Not only the rooms are more nice (and updated), also the quality of the breakfast and Club Lounge is much better.

I was also surprised by the low quality of the breakfast in the restaurant. It's just a simple spread, without a lot of Asian options. Ofcourse the bubur ayam is nice, but besides this there was only some Nasi goreng and mie goreng: that's it.

The suite is huge and indeed it's dated with a very small tv. The room was maintained well in my opinion. The staff in the Club Lounge was great.

As mentioned above: the beach is very nice and clean. The grounds are well maintained and kids may enjoy the slider at the pool.

​​​​​

This morning during breakfast in the Club Lounge I've enjoyed hearing an older guy from the US who complained with a very long monologue how he had a hard time here. He was important for the hotel as he already came here 4 times (LOL), bring a lot of new guests (LOL) and is considered to be a WOH loyalist (LOL). He also told six times that he has an Indonesian wife, but apparently she did not successfully learned him it's considered rude in Indonesia to complain in public with a very loud voice. The staff handled it very professional.

All in all I found this a nice stay given the low redemption rates. I can imagine that someone would be dissapointed if the cash price is paid for the suite. Obviously, the Hyatt Regency is the better option here.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:32 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by jongesander
The night before this stay I had a one night stay at the Hyatt Regency Bali. The difference between this two properties is huge! Not only the rooms are more nice (and updated), also the quality of the breakfast and Club Lounge is much better.
Slightly confused by your comment here. Are you saying that the rooms and breakfast/Club Lounge at the Hyatt Regency are much better?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by minz56
Slightly confused by your comment here. Are you saying that the rooms and breakfast/Club Lounge at the Hyatt Regency are much better?
Apologize. Yes, rooms, breakfast and Club Lounge at the Hyatt Regency are much better.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always enjoyed the Bali Hyatt (HR now) more than the GH. Seemed friendlier, more things to do nearby, and used to always be cheaper. Lots of other interesting eating options in Sanur, and not the sanitized Nusa Dua.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
But isn't the lounge at the HR non air conditioned? When looking on youtube the HR looks old as well. What are the evening snacks like at the HR?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
But isn't the lounge at the HR non air conditioned? When looking on youtube the HR looks old as well. What are the evening snacks like at the HR?
I never found the HR lounge uncomfortable. The last I was at the GH, 5 years ago, I don’t think it had AC. Maybe ceiling fans at both lounges?

The HR is one of the oldest major chain hotels on Bali, it was opened in 1973, so almost 50 years ago. They did do a major renovation before Covid, and other than the suite floors being a bit slippery, I think they did a nice job.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The Hyatt regency in Sanur Bali has a lovely open air ground floor club lounge alright
it's a super hotel in my opinion
Great friendly service too
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Originally Posted by Earthman
The Hyatt regency in Sanur Bali has a lovely open air ground floor club lounge alright
it's a super hotel in my opinion
Great friendly service too
HR renovation is excellent, with appearance and service approaching highest end 5 star hotel level. HR Lounge is open air but pleasant experience, and extensive food selection for both breakfast and dinner service. Pics are from my stay last week of January 2023.

Garden walkway between check-in and Regency lounge

Breakfast with multiple western & Balinese choices

Dinner with multiple appetizers and small serve entrees and fresh grilled meat sticks

Last edited by npei; Feb 2, 2023 at 3:24 pm
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
first and third pics are from Andaz Bali, not Hyatt Regency.

Originally Posted by npei
HR renovation is excellent, with appearance and service approaching highest end 5 star hotel level. HR Lounge is open air but pleasant experience, and extensive food selection for both breakfast and dinner service. Pics are from my stay last week of January 2023.

Check-in area

Garden walkway between check-in and Regency lounge

Koi pond (one of several)

Breakfast with multiple western & Balinese choices

Dinner with multiple appetizers and small serve entrees and fresh grilled meat sticks
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:29 am

The GH lounge isn't AC either. Facilities at both are well maintained. Evening snack food is fairly similar, maybe a bit better at the GH. HR at least as liquor out in the open vs having to asked for it at the GH. I'd say ultimately comes down to location and beach when deciding between the two. GH you are more confined to the resort since it's as someone wrote above more in the 'sanitized' area of Bali, but the beach is better IMO...more exclusive, less random people walking by. HR you are in Sanur, a lot easier to go out on the town if you'd like. I was less a fan of the beach since less beach chairs and you're kind of on top of people vs. being able to spread out at the GH. Staff are absolutely fantastic at both.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Originally Posted by lautaro
first and third pics are from Andaz Bali, not Hyatt Regency.
oops, you are correct. I stayed in both Andaz Sanur and its next door neighbor HR Sanur, and my photo album was mixed up. I have edited my original post to delete the 1st & 3rd pics.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:22 pm

Sounds like the HR is just as good as GH and just depends on certain slight preferences?
Thinking of doing a quasi-mattress run here and mainly viewing it as a staycation for my family of 4. HR is cheaper by 4.5k points for the week. I'm assuming it's the better choice?

Edit: Well, digging deeper, the standard suite at GH is 98 sq meter vs HR is 54 sq meter. For a staycation that is worth the 4.5k points unless the experience is so much better at the HR.

Last edited by projectmaximus; Feb 3, 2023 at 10:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.