Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:22 am

Just arrived today for 5 nights booked with points. We booked 3 nights in a Club Room and 2 nights in a Standard Room, because of lacking points. We could upgrade the last 2 nights for $85/night at check in. My wife being Platinum, we got a small upgrade to a Deluxe Club Room, but I don't really know the difference. It's a nice garden room with a lot of privacy and close to the Club.

The welcome at the hotel was great and we could check-in with cold drinks in the Club. I only missed an alcoholic welcome beverage

Happy Hour had a decent food selecting, but we didn't like the wine, bubbly and gin, so we stuck with beer. We arrived shortly after 5 pm and seating was only limited from 6 pm on, so no need to hurry.

We checked out Bali Collection, but found prices to be higher than elsewhere. Reading the reviews on Tripadvisor we cancelled our massage appointment there and made an appointment at Zahra Spa. They are around the corner and even pick us up und drop us off and their prices are only a third of Bali Collection and 10% of the hotel spa...

Anyone else here at the moment?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:46 pm

Nice review. Was there in 2014 and would love to be back again!

In my last stay I did use a DSU and specifically requested for the newly renovated suites in the North Village. Much smaller than the one you had but newer and very cosy! Service was also spectacular and best amongst the Hyatt I've been to.

The lounge as I know went through some renovations but hasn't changed much at all!

Last edited by Markie; Aug 4, 2016 at 9:41 am Reason: Remove excessive quote
Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
When I stayed at the property 5 years ago, as a Diamond, I asked one of the managers about breakfast, and was allowed to eat at any of the restaurants in addition to the lounge.

If you are Diamond now, I don't know why you are even booking a club room. DSU's are usually easy here.
The new welcome letter is very explicit that breakfast at the restaurants would result in extra charges. So it's certainly not a matter of policy.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by soartoday
The new welcome letter is very explicit that breakfast at the restaurants would result in extra charges. So it's certainly not a matter of policy.
As I said, I asked a manager. At worse, they'll say no.

Even switching between restaurants, breakfast got boring here fast.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
Any recent data points on what to ask for DSU wise? Going early next month and wondering if I should request a renovated suite or more leaning towards a view. Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
I was going to ask the same question. What did you end up with?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
From early summer this year, we asked for a better view with a DSU and ended up with the grand executive suite facing the ocean, though not located in the grand club village. I think a few people up thread got the same suite type.

Originally Posted by jredmond02
Any recent data points on what to ask for DSU wise? Going early next month and wondering if I should request a renovated suite or more leaning towards a view. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
From early summer this year, we asked for a better view with a DSU and ended up with the grand executive suite facing the ocean, though not located in the grand club village. I think a few people up thread got the same suite type.
So does "view" equate to old decor, no view means refurbished suite?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by travelexpert
So does "view" equate to old decor, no view means refurbished suite?
All the hotel has been remodeled some 3-4 years ago
There are no old suites.
What differs is view, location and size.

Some say the rooms furniture is on the dark side and could use a refresh.

The Grand Club was remodeled ~18 months ago and has a nice feel and great staff to serve you.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is snorkeling off the hotel beach worthwhile? I'll be there in December and wondering if I should pack my snorkel gear. Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is snorkeling off the hotel beach worthwhile? I'll be there in December and wondering if I should pack my snorkel gear. Thanks!
I literally just stepped out of the ocean in front of the Hyatt...and I would say no, nothing to see. In December with the rain season in flight the water will be even less clear. Regardless, all I've seen is patches of dead coral...no fish whatsoever.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I literally just stepped out of the ocean in front of the Hyatt...and I would say no, nothing to see. In December with the rain season in flight the water will be even less clear. Regardless, all I've seen is patches of dead coral...no fish whatsoever.
Thanks very much for this information. I am planning to go on an organized snorkeling trip away from the hotel, so that will have to be enough.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks very much for this information. I am planning to go on an organized snorkeling trip away from the hotel, so that will have to be enough.
There are a lot of shady tour operators in Bali. Make sure they're legit.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
There are a lot of shady tour operators in Bali. Make sure they're legit.
Can I assume that any tour booked through the Hyatt is legit? I always go on that premise, but I've never been in Bali before...
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can I assume that any tour booked through the Hyatt is legit? I always go on that premise, but I've never been in Bali before...
They should be, but they might be overpriced.

I'd recommend posting what activities you're doing, and prices if you want feedback from others who have gone on similar tours.

If it's something like a simple Turtle Island tour in a glass bottom boat, these can be had for $5-10 a person (3-4 people min).

My wife really wanted to go parasailing. We went near the hotel, I think it was in Tuban, that a lot of watersport companies operate out of. We saw people launching off boats and a special dock. Everything went fine for those people.

For her, they went to a beach nearby, with rocks and coral pieces on the beach. She got her leg scratched up badly when landing.

NBC Watersports, a big NO!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.