Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by julp
We're about to leave for Bali and spend four nights at the Grand Hyatt (four more after that in Ubud). Any advice on what the dress code is like here? We're so used to Hawaii, where flipflops are acceptable anywhere... but realize other cultures have different standards. Should we plan long pants/dresses and close-toed shoes for dinners?

Thanks for any advice!
No dress code. Clearly a luminous mankini won't go down well.

Flip flops are fine including in the club. Swimwear is not ok especially if wet (pet hate)
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by dewby
No dress code. Clearly a luminous mankini won't go down well.

Flip flops are fine including in the club. Swimwear is not ok especially if wet (pet hate)
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Dress code is nonexistant, I think. I always wear shorts, and have never had complaints.
^ Thank you! It's always nice to hear when resorts don't take themselves too serious.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:34 pm

Anyone on a recent stay pass by the location where they are building the Andaz? Curious to know how that is going. I am planning a trip and looking to stay at the GH, but would love to check out the Andaz if that will be open in time. Doubt it though.

What's the average amount of nights one would recommend? Would 1 week be too long for a stay at the GH?

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Mar 1, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Grand Hyatt Bali

I am planning to book the Club King Room at this property. I'm getting a rate of USD$780 through OTA. So when it says Club room that should include club access correct? This rate is $200 cheaper than what the hyatt's website is charging. Also whats the difference if you book the club room. Do you still have to book with breakfast, shouldn't club room's give you breakfast?

Last edited by djjaguar64; Mar 9, 2016 at 9:12 am
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I am planning to book the Club King Room at this property. I'm getting a rate of USD$780 through OTA. So when it says Club room that should include club access correct? This rate is $200 cheaper than what the hyatt's website is charging. Also whats the difference if you book the club room. Do you still have to book with breakfast, shouldn't club room's give you breakfast?
I hope that isn't $780 per night.

A club room should include club access, but when booking it should give you the details.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope that isn't $780 per night.

A club room should include club access, but when booking it should give you the details.
It's actually the price for 3 nights all taxes included. So it gives me an option, Club Room 1 King Bed or Club Room 1 King Bed with Bfast(for US$20 more)
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's actually the price for 3 nights all taxes included. So it gives me an option, Club Room 1 King Bed or Club Room 1 King Bed with Bfast(for US$20 more)
Don't forget to try the BRG.

When I stayed at the property 5 years ago, as a Diamond, I asked one of the managers about breakfast, and was allowed to eat at any of the restaurants in addition to the lounge.

If you are Diamond now, I don't know why you are even booking a club room. DSU's are usually easy here.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't forget to try the BRG.

When I stayed at the property 5 years ago, as a Diamond, I asked one of the managers about breakfast, and was allowed to eat at any of the restaurants in addition to the lounge.

If you are Diamond now, I don't know why you are even booking a club room. DSU's are usually easy here.
I am a Hilton Diamond, tried to status match and they want a stay history and I did not respond.
I am a Hyatt Gold, which probably does not mean anything.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheaptickets & Agoda were cheaper, so now submitted BRG.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Club booking benefits

So, I am not a Hyatt Diamond, but a Gold.

Booking a Club room in Bali, what benefits does it afford you? Like Airport pick up etc?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, I am not a Hyatt Diamond, but a Gold.

Booking a Club room in Bali, what benefits does it afford you? Like Airport pick up etc?
I don't recall airport pickup being a perk with a club room. In the past they offered a Golden Bird pickup for $15 or so. I don't know what the current rate is, but you can book direct at the airport for $15-20.

If you have stays on your Hilton account, you might try contacting Hyatt back for a Diamond match. Suite upgrades, extra points, late checkouts are among just some of the great benefits.

The Conrad is decent in Nusa Dua as a Hilton Diamond. We stayed there for our Anniversary in December.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 12:16 pm

The club is very nice in Bali. We have been several times and really enjoyed it.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 12:17 pm

One other note is the Uber is great in Bali. We used it many times. Incredibly cheap and very nice SUVs for all vehicles.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lorribarnes
One other note is the Uber is great in Bali. We used it many times. Incredibly cheap and very nice SUVs for all vehicles.
In Kuta and Legian, I've see a number of normal cars.

Just remember that the Taxi drivers in Bali have beaten up a number of Uber drivers. So, if the driver is hesitant to pick you up, you might walk across the street. Don't mention Uber when entering the vehicle if other folks are about.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
We currently have a res for the base level DSU suite for an upcoming May stay.

Does anyone know whether there is a benefit of booking the hotel transfer from DPS to Grand Hyatt Bali? Other than convenience, do they help with expedited immigration??

Originally Posted by 54austin
Some other notes:
- Airport: free visa on arrival (for US and others), but the line at immigration took over 45-minutes. If your hotel offers airport pickup with expedited immigration, do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.