Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:16 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by peteropny
Some Open Table restaurants have 1000 point "times" when they are less busy - compared to the standard 100 points per reservation.
thank you i understood that but not what point currency the program is useful/redeemable for discounts on dining.I have never used open table
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:01 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
thank you i understood that but not what point currency the program is useful/redeemable for discounts on dining.I have never used open table
Once you get to 2500 (or 5000) Open Table "points", you can then redeem for an Open Table check that is good for $25 (or $50) at Open Table restaurants (no restrictions on use otherwise). So each Open Table "point" is worth exactly $0.01.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Dinner tomorrow!

So, based on 777GlobalMileHound's glowing review, I changed our reservation to the $159, 5000GP, 15% discount at Red Marlin and invited two friends to join us for dinner. Really looking forward to it -- thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:48 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Once you get to 2500 (or 5000) Open Table "points", you can then redeem for an Open Table check that is good for $25 (or $50) at Open Table restaurants (no restrictions on use otherwise). So each Open Table "point" is worth exactly $0.01.
Correct except the redemption values are 2,000 ($20), 5,000 ($50), and 10,000 ($100). Like Peter said, they can be used at any OpenTable restaurant and have no restrictions, including minimum purchase or otherwise (meaning they are treated like a traveler's check, and any over payment will be given back in cash).

As an aside, I rather enjoy the OpenTable system, as I do administrative bookings for my friend's firm, and made $820 in OpenTable certificates last week

Last edited by NDDomer86; Apr 19, 2010 at 9:01 pm
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:27 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Correct except the redemption values are 2,000 ($20), 5,000 ($50), and 10,000 ($100). Like Peter said, they can be used at any OpenTable restaurant and have no restrictions, including minimum purchase or otherwise (meaning they are treated like a traveler's check, and any over payment will be given back in cash).
Oops - I usually don't do the $20 (or my thought of $25) since that doesn't amount to a "free" dinner and $100 is too hard to get to. So I just focus on the $50 which I can get about once every 9 months or so.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by slocouple
So, based on 777GlobalMileHound's glowing review, I changed our reservation to the $159, 5000GP, 15% discount at Red Marlin and invited two friends to join us for dinner. Really looking forward to it -- thanks!
If anything isn't exactly to your liking tell them.
They seem to strive above and beyond for guest satisfaction.Its not an act.
They really want to build relationships as a destination dining spot not just another hotel restaurant.Thats what sets this apart from others

I have had a few undercooked and overcooked dishes over the past year.However they always jumped to make it right doing it all over again or taking it off the check and making it complimentary.I love this place.
This is the early start of the high season with the new improved menu.
high season officialy starts in late June
By or before summer they typically feature red and yellow heirloom tomatoes with sliced cheese drizzled in basalmic when they come back on the menu.Another standout on the menu when available
Hope your experience is a good one
Cheers
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:06 am

Thanks for the heads up ^
this may come in handy in the future I will proabbly check it out
I assume many know about restaurant.com too another great opportunity
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
...fantastic hotel promotions besides the Gold Passport program promotions...
???

Sorry to distill your thoroughly delectable review down to this, but inquiring minds want to know. Thank you.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
...and any over payment will be given back in cash...
I did not know this unique point.

And I would add to the above that OpenTable is as easy as can be, in addition to being 24/7 and all free. One caveat: Just don't be a no-show. I think you get up to four, then something happens. I don't remember what, but it's something awful. (Really, I think it's four and your out on your ear...)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...opentable.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...-benefits.html

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 19, 2010 at 1:48 am
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I was staying there just last week. Got upgraded to a corner suite as well and had a little issue with smell out of the pipes in the bathroom.

Besides that the staff was really wonderful and the property fantastic. The views of the marina are great. I was unable to try RedMarlin. The breakfast was nothing spectacular but fine. Next time I order a la carte. Had no idea about the 50$ f&b credit but I remember I read something in the early days of the promotion and later it disappeared. Maybe the folks who booked early get the credit and the others miss out ? It was gone very fast IIRC.

Ended up with ~11.800 GP Points incl GP5000,G2,1W and the closed Club (DN).

Next time I go down to SD I will certainly stay there again. Gotta get some goodies from Costco though beforehand.

Should DELISH be back now - then this will become the Fiesta of the year !

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Apr 25, 2010 at 10:21 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

Is the club expected to reopen? And if so, when? If not, I'm surprised that folks report continuing to get the 2.5K for the closed club.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is the club expected to reopen? And if so, when? If not, I'm surprised that folks report continuing to get the 2.5K for the closed club.
I will doublecheck with the staff. The Club signs are still there and as long as that is the case it might be difficult to explain not to credit the points. If all signage is gone then you can officially declare "No Club anymore" hence no compensation points. I went in there (the room key still works) to look at the room. 2 Computers with a printer, nice and spacious with a great view. Most people will stay at the pool at this time of the year and there is not really a "Happy Hour" in any of the North American Hyatts Regency anyway. I would stock the fridge with a few soft drinks, have coffee ready in the morning and keep the breakfast at Red Marlin. Maybe some cookies and snack mix on display. Not that I encourage low key Club facilities but these days I guess we just gotta live with a small margin of amenities. Just look at the Lounge at the Hyatt Century Plaza. It is nothing more than the above described situation. On the F&B side I can see the only problem that someone needs to take a look at the place from time to time as there are always guest who can't clean up after themselves, respectively leave a mess. Having staff on site might be the bigger issue/expense factor, not sure how much 2500 points the hotel costs but it might certainly add up quickly.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Btw - does anyone know how long GP5000 runs ?

I cant seem to find that info.

Thanks,
S.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

It expires June 30.

https://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/offers/p...entId=90020511
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks SD1K !

Gotta set a schedule then for myself !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.