Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:20 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Has to be $159?

I found that on some dates, AAA rate is at $139. So I booked it and asked GP to add 5000GP code to it. They said that will bump the rate to $159. Has anybody had any luck doing so or just had the 5000 points added for non $159 rate after checkout?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:27 am
Community Director Emerita

Ts and Cs (link above) specifically call out the $159 price.

As a Hyatt Gold Passport™ member, we would like to offer you an exclusive rate of USD$159 per night, a 15% discount on lunch and dinner in Red Marlin, our signature restaurant, along with 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, when you stay now through June 30, 2010. Visit us online to learn more about Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina and to book your next stay. For reservations, visit hyatt.com, book the Hyatt Gold Passport E-Mail Rate and request Offer Code 5000GP.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jimmychang
I found that on some dates, AAA rate is at $139. So I booked it and asked GP to add 5000GP code to it. They said that will bump the rate to $159. Has anybody had any luck doing so or just had the 5000 points added for non $159 rate after checkout?
Has to be $159.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Small price to pay for 5k points but certainly good to know so there are no open interpretations. ^

Also, if one intends to dine at Red Marlin the 159$ Rate included a 15% discount there !
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:32 am

For those of us who are diamonds, we can rack up an amazing amount of points for the $159 promo:
  • 5K for the promo
  • 2K for G2 bonus
  • 2.5K if lounge is still closed
  • 1K for diamond amenity
  • points for room/food charges

That's a potential of 10.5K plus points for the room for a 1 night stay. The stay basically pays for itself.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:38 am
Suspended

I stayed a week ago and racked up nearly 11K points. The best part is that I wouldn't normally have stayed at this property but loved it...so I found a new place to stay. I guess that is the point of a hotel promotion. Win-win for both parties.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 2:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I too would like to chime in and say that not only is this the most fantastic Hyatt Promotion of the year but when combined with the "Big Welcome Back" extraordinary off the charts value ^

But the best of all besides great elite hotel recognition the Red Marlin is hands down one of my favorite restaurants in all of San Diego.
The seafood is great and the servers and management spectacular. Even the kitchen staff goes out of their way to make sure their regulars get items prepared exactly the way they prefer them even substituting a side item that comes with the entree based on personal preference.

How lucky we are (those that live in San Diego) to enjoy this high quality outstanding food and beverage combined with the high levels of service with or without a hotel stay year round.My congratulations to all responsible ^
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
For those of us who are diamonds, we can rack up an amazing amount of points for the $159 promo:
  • 5K for the promo
  • 2K for G2 bonus
  • 2.5K if lounge is still closed
  • 1K for diamond amenity
  • points for room/food charges

That's a potential of 10.5K plus points for the room for a 1 night stay. The stay basically pays for itself.
Crappola. Didn't know I could get G2 bonus as well. Better call HGP Agent
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
Crappola. Didn't know I could get G2 bonus as well. Better call HGP Agent
And how
This promotion for the 5k ends June 30
The combination of promotions at one time may never be equaled again
anywhere... that is my opinion in or out of Hyatt Gold Passport
Right now for those passionate about Hyatt and redeeming for free nights in Gold Passport I would say the stars and moon have never been more aligned.
How lucky we are to be Gold Passport members for those who have the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt Mission Bay and earn in "The Big Welcome Back"
I actually pity those staying with Hilton 4 times to get one free night or worse in some programs like Priority Club.Hyatt has spoiled us

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 29, 2010 at 9:34 am
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
And how
This promotion for the 5k ends June 30
The combination of promotions at one time may never be equaled again
anywhere... that is my opinion in or out of Hyatt Gold Passport
Right now for those passionate about Hyatt and redeeming for free nights in Gold Passport I would say the stars and moon have never been more aligned.
How luck we are to be Gold Passport members for those who have the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt Mission Bay and earn in the big welcome back
I actually pity those staying with Hilton 4 times to get one free night or worse in some programs like Priority Club.Hyatt has spoiled us
Agreed. It's the perfect storm of promotions: Costco certs giving 20% discounts; scads of generous G bonus offers at properties; the BWB promotion and the fast-track promotions. All running concurrent. Unbelievable. Plus their customer service is (almost) uniformly fantastic.

I banked over 35,000 GP points from three nites at the Hyatt Mission Bay earlier this month on the 5000GP offer. Man I'm gonna miss that offer after June 30! I'll still love the Mission Bay though, wonderful place.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 2:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
Agreed. It's the perfect storm of promotions: Costco certs giving 20% discounts; scads of generous G bonus offers at properties; the BWB promotion and the fast-track promotions. All running concurrent. Unbelievable. Plus their customer service is (almost) uniformly fantastic.

I banked over 35,000 GP points from three nites at the Hyatt Mission Bay earlier this month on the 5000GP offer. Man I'm gonna miss that offer after June 30! I'll still love the Mission Bay though, wonderful place.

I'm in SD for work this coming week and I'm going to do 2 separate stays here. I didn't even know this crazy 5000 point promo was going on - so thank you FT!

Like other people said, I really wonder if a few years from now people will be trying to figure out if this is a nice property or not reading through the thread and they'll go "how many points were these guys getting????"

The promo makes this so good I honestly could care less what kind of room they put me in. I'll sleep on a twin bed next to the elevator with the ice machine in my room.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by astan100

The promo makes this so good I honestly could care less what kind of room they put me in. I'll sleep on a twin bed next to the elevator with the ice machine in my room.
Shhhhhhh !!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Has anyone been able to get the 5K on the AAA rate?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Has anyone been able to get the 5K on the AAA rate?
Please read post above: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13858854-post138.html

The Ts and Cs of the promo specifically call out the $159 rate.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:18 pm

Thanks for all the interesting discussion on the hotel. Staying there in early June for my partner's birthday. Used my upgrade cert so we're in a suite.

Great CS from one of the BRG Supervisors. She was able to help me get me a great rate on a night they were sold out and, instead of taking the 20% discount, I was able to keep the 5K point package (partner is excited about the restaurant).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.