Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by WBurcham
Great CS from one of the BRG Supervisors. She was able to help me get me a great rate on a night they were sold out and, instead of taking the 20% discount, I was able to keep the 5K point package (partner is excited about the restaurant).
Can you tell us more? Was the issue that the hotel was sold out, and so you were able to find a better rate than its rack rate? But then how could you get the 5K promo points?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Please read post above: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13858854-post138.html

The Ts and Cs of the promo specifically call out the $159 rate.
I know what the Ts and Cs say, I also that I got other Hyatt bonuses that I didn't nessesarily qualify for according to the T's And C's like the ANDAZ5 by asking the front desk to add it when I checked in.
Just wondering if anyone has tried getting the 5K on a AAA or gov't stay.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I know what the Ts and Cs say, I also that I got other Hyatt bonuses that I didn't nessesarily qualify for according to the T's And C's like the ANDAZ5 by asking the front desk to add it when I checked in.
Just wondering if anyone has tried getting the 5K on a AAA or gov't stay.
That is correct, however Andaz5 does not really specify a price. It even works with our corporate rate much to my advantage.

This one is different - despite I havent seen the AAA rates below the 159$ price or at least not much (154.15$ was available once).
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
That is correct, however Andaz5 does not really specify a price. It even works with our corporate rate much to my advantage.

This one is different - despite I havent seen the AAA rates below the 159$ price or at least not much (154.15$ was available once).
I meant that Andaz5 is officially expired, yet works perfectly if you use the offer code at check-in. So too perhaps there is a way to add 5000GP at checkin when on a lower rate...

I'm seeing Senior rates (add a senior to your res) of $118 and AAA rates of $138 this weekend...
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:48 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

Correct besides the terms and conditions clearly stated and kindly re-posted again by SanDiego1k this promotion is not a G bonus.
It is however at the end of the day rate dependent hope that helps
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:00 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
So I was recently reminded about this great promo in another thread and decided to try and squeeze a couple stays in before the June 30 deadline.

I found it odd that the NOR1 upgrade offer did not included any kind of complimentary upgrade option for Diamonds. Most Hyatt's that use the NOR1 system now offer some kind of comp upgrade (and many even go above and beyond that at check-in).

What is the typical upgrade situation at this property for Diamonds recently (since this promo became so popular)? And have any status members gotten any comp upgrade offers from the NOR1 page?

ETA: one more question... can anyone confirm if the RC is open or closed on a Sunday night stay?

Last edited by JonathanIT; Apr 30, 2010 at 12:19 am Reason: question
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
So I was recently reminded about this great promo in another thread and decided to try and squeeze a couple stays in before the June 30 deadline.

ETA: one more question... can anyone confirm if the RC is open or closed on a Sunday night stay?
The hotel frequently upgrades to jr suites.
Keep in mind that other than Flyertalkers this is not a broad based public promotion but a GP promo sent out to a limited group of customers.
That said this hotel has been making Hyatt proud ever since the grand reopening taking care of Diamond members superbly.
For my one nighters I prefer dining in the Red Marlin where the generous breakfasts can rock my world and the choices superior to what one may typically find in the Regency Club.

Regency club has been closed for sometime you will be earning 2500 points for closure
My guess it won't reopen till June or July in time for high season

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 30, 2010 at 12:08 pm
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
the NOR1 upgrade offer
What is a NOR1 upgrade?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
Thanks everyone for the info! I'm adding a flight to SAN from SFO (inside an IAD-SFO RT) this weekend just to do a one-nighter here.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by darrenhe
Thanks everyone for the info! I'm adding a flight to SAN from SFO (inside an IAD-SFO RT) this weekend just to do a one-nighter here.
you will need a few stays there gathering points to keep ahead of the new GP devaluation Have fun and be sure to ask for Tod at the Marlin if having dinner at the Red Marlin.He is an incredible server.That said they are all good Tod takes the satisfaction of the guest experience to the next level ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 30, 2010 at 12:10 pm
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:40 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
The hotel frequently upgrades to jr suites.
Keep in mind that other than Flyertalkers this is not a broad based public promotion but a GP promo sent out to a limited group of customers.
That said this hotel has been making Hyatt proud ever since the grand reopening taking care of Diamond members superbly.F
or my one nighters I prefer dining in the Red Marlin where the breakfast can rock my world.

Regency club has been closed for sometime you will be earning 2500 points for closure
My guess it won't reopen till June or July in time for high season
Thanks for the info, it is good news that the RC closure bonus is not limited to weekends... this widens my opportunity for a couple more nights! I have a couple reservations for the end of June... I wonder if it will be open by then.
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
What is a NOR1 upgrade?
After making a reservation, the hotel offers "upgrades for cash" based on availability which you can request in advance, usually at a lower rate than booking the category directly. There is a link near the top of the confirmation page from the hotel. It's named after the company that the hotels contract with to make the offer online, Nor1. Hilton has offered them for a while... I haven't noticed them at Starwood (but my SPG bookings have decreased ).
Old May 2, 2010, 7:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

You can buy a $25 cert to use at Red Marlin on a $35 or more restaurant bill on restaurant.com. Codes are often available to buy the cert for $2 or $3.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
One helpful hint for those on the "11K plan" (base points + 5000GP + G2 + 1W + DN) is that the $159 rate plus tax and self parking equals $199.06. So an additional $1 (well, 94 cent) charge might be needed to use a fourth Costco certificate. I only had packed 3 certificates for last night, so I didn't try to just hand them a fourth one and see if it would count, or if I would need to add something.

The front desk agent (I had the same one at check-in Saturday and checkout this afternoon) was on top of all the bonuses. (Crossing fingers to see if they post ...) It's really nice to effectively be buying points at around 1.4 cents per point and get a very nice room, breakfast, and 1/2 BWB credit for free.

On last night's stay, I got upgraded to a Corner room in the tower, which I would call a junior suite. The sheer curtain between the couch area and the bed reminded me of a studio I helped set up for a friend a few years ago. That Chicago apartment was notably smaller than the room.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
you will need a few stays there gathering points to keep ahead of the new GP devaluation Have fun and be sure to ask for Tod at the Marlin if having dinner at the Red Marlin.He is an incredible server.That said they are all good Tod takes the satisfaction of the guest experience to the next level ^
Thanks! I think that getting 1/2 a stay credit for BWB and nearly 11k points means that 1 stay = 1 free night at a Category 6.

I don't really have much to do add of value beyond what's been posted already, except that I think getting both the 2500 points for lounge closure AND free breakfast in the Red Marlin is very gracious of the hotel.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by ramolnar
One helpful hint for those on the "11K plan" (base points + 5000GP + G2 + 1W + DN) is that the $159 rate plus tax and self parking equals $199.06. So an additional $1 (well, 94 cent) charge might be needed to use a fourth Costco certificate. I only had packed 3 certificates for last night, so I didn't try to just hand them a fourth one and see if it would count, or if I would need to add something.

The front desk agent (I had the same one at check-in Saturday and checkout this afternoon) was on top of all the bonuses. (Crossing fingers to see if they post ...) It's really nice to effectively be buying points at around 1.4 cents per point and get a very nice room, breakfast, and 1/2 BWB credit for free.
I thought I'd read upthread that parking was free for Diamonds?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.