Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Wondering whether to pull the trigger on the five nights, car rental, points, etc. for a ridiculous little amount of money at this hotel later this year for sitting through a time share presentation. The location is not my favorite, but its pretty close to Kapalua, which is the end of Maui we prefer. Not sure I can handle a parking lot/garbage view for five days no matter the price. We're Explorists, so not sure we'd get much better.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Does the hotel offer any discounts for luau for their guests? I don't want to book online if it's cheaper for guests or those with Hyatt status.
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
They do for Globalists but I don't know about Explorists. Call the concierge desk there and ask.
Originally Posted by cwc
Yes, the luau is discounted for explorist. I think it was 5%. Make sure the concierge book the reservation know you are an explorist, I had to get a refund credit because they forget to flag my reservation last year. BTW, make sure you go to their on-site shaved ice stand. It was the best thing about the resort (other than the waterslide), but they close by 6pm.
The discount was 15% for Explorist. However, you could only do it via booking online and you had to use a special rate code that is given at the front desk. The website doesn't tell if you the code is correct or not so you just type it in and proceed. Turns out that it was case-sensitive so they had to refund me after the fact. Tip though for everyone else - Call to the hotel directly to book tickets. The concierge rate was $10/person cheaper than booking online.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Some quick info about my stay. We booked on full points so of course didn't have to pay the resort fee. Parking was discounted for Explorist to Valet Parking for the same price as self-parking. We took advantage of this.

The hotel was pretty much sold out so I didn't have any hopes in getting an upgrade. The Regency Lounge stayed sold out the entire time so I was never able to apply my Club Access Award. That would have been nice to save some money. Anyways, we were pleasantly surprised by an upgrade to an oceanfront room overlooking the pool. It was definitely a nice view to wake up to every morning.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Some quick info about my stay. We booked on full points so of course didn't have to pay the resort fee. Parking was discounted for Explorist to Valet Parking for the same price as self-parking. We took advantage of this.

The hotel was pretty much sold out so I didn't have any hopes in getting an upgrade. The Regency Lounge stayed sold out the entire time so I was never able to apply my Club Access Award. That would have been nice to save some money. Anyways, we were pleasantly surprised by an upgrade to an oceanfront room overlooking the pool. It was definitely a nice view to wake up to every morning.
How was the situation with the pool chairs? Since you mentioned during your stay the hotel was pretty much sold out, I am curious about this at both the regency pool and the residence pool next door since we are staying there in early June. Wondering if we will need to rope drop the pool first thing in the morning lol!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
How was the situation with the pool chairs? Since you mentioned during your stay the hotel was pretty much sold out, I am curious about this at both the regency pool and the residence pool next door since we are staying there in early June. Wondering if we will need to rope drop the pool first thing in the morning lol!
We went to the pool later in the afternoons/early evenings. By that time, there were chairs available. Not necessarily the best ones but they were definitely decent.
Jenn0625 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:01 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
We have an upcoming reservation at this property next week. Received an email today with the following "benefits" for Globalists:
As a valued World of Hyatt Globalist, youll enjoy the following enhanced benefits:

$10 discount on nightly resort fee on non-eligible reservations / Waived resort fee on free nights and all eligible room rates
Complimentary Regency Club Access
Discounted & prioritized valet parking service (discounted at self-parking rate)
Happy hour pricing all day at Umalu bar (10am 12 midnight).
$50 discount per couple on a 60-minute Maui helicopter tour. Visit Hyatt Concierge or dial 4727 to book.
Receive a full day cabana at a half day price. Visit the pool desk or dial 3225 to book.
$5 discount per person on Tour of the Stars, rooftop astronomy program for you and your party. Visit Hyatt Concierge or dial 4727 to book.
Complimentary Kaanapali Pie at Japengo with the purchase of an entre. Limit one per party.
20% discount on general admission to Drums of the Pacific Luau. Only available at DRUMS of the PACIFIC LUAU. Enter promo code: GLOB
Complimentary rental clubs with purchase of multiple round package at Kaanapali Golf Courses; 15% discount on lesson with PGA Professional and 15% discount on non-sale apparel in logo shop.
20% discount on equipment rentals (including snorkel gear, boogie boards) at the Beach Activities Center. Visit the center or dial 3290.
Our reservation is on points, so the resort fee should be fully waived. It would appear that parking should also be free per the WOH "Hotel Perks" for Globalists ("Enjoy complimentary parking on free night awards (available where parking can be charged to your room"). Can anyone confirm that this property is in fact honoring this benefit?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Yes they do!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:35 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Yes they do!
DO they comp valet or self parking? Ideally Valet, but I'll park myself to save a buck!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:39 pm

Self only
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Self only
If you are there on an award stay as a globalist, based on the list above valet would be at the rate of self-park right, so it wouldn't matter would it?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:00 pm

You are entitled to self for free. If you would rather do valet it will be billed at the self parking rate.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I stayed here in May and valet was free for me. Was on points and am globalist. I don’t recall any differentiation in the T&Cs for self or valet parking for globalist on award night. Fairly fast and easy drop off.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I just stayed here this past week on a mixed reservation - cash for 5 nights and points for 1 night. Used valet the entire stay and it was waived for the 1 points night. I paid the self park rate ($22) for the 5 cash nights.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy
I just stayed here this past week on a mixed reservation - cash for 5 nights and points for 1 night. Used valet the entire stay and it was waived for the 1 points night. I paid the self park rate ($22) for the 5 cash nights.
how was the stay?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by slm9555

how was the stay?
Pretty good overall. I used a TSU and they bumped me up to the Ocean Front Suite in the Napili Tower. The standard upgrade is the Ocean View Suite in the Lahaina Tower. The Regency Club lounge is awesome. My family ended up eating dinner there many nights, as the food was delicious. Each night had a different main item, such as coconut shrimp, kalua pork sliders, and beef nachos. Breakfast is limited, but it's good enough. Service all around was excellent. The only gripe I really have is with the condition of the rooms. The decor is somewhat new, but it could use a hard renovation. Especially with the old sliding glass doors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.