Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Is $101 to Maui from LA. and less than $100 if you are going to HNL.

Now what is this about 2 week mandatory quarantine on your dime? I know headless of state tried to close down NY, NJ, and CT but backed down. And I know they do this in places in China. But here in the States?
Visitors are to self confine in their hotel rooms.

https://hawaiicovid19.com/wp-content...ons_032220.pdf

https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-conte...-19-signed.pdf
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Anybody stay here recently? Know what’s open (eg restaurant, pools)?

I am doing research for a possible stay for Feb 2021 for the family.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 6:19 pm

HR Maui recently re-opened, some talk about some renovations, possibly ongoing. Not sure, just what I've read/heard on local media.

-David
Old Nov 6, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Good info. I didn’t realize that they just reopened. I guess it will be a few weeks before first hand reports will be available.

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
HR Maui recently re-opened, some talk about some renovations, possibly ongoing. Not sure, just what I've read/heard on local media.

-David
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by climbingbear
Anybody stay here recently? Know what’s open (eg restaurant, pools)?

I am doing research for a possible stay for Feb 2021 for the family.
Just returned from a stay last week. As for what’s open, there are QR codes all over that lead to this page:

Menu Maker Online

I imagine it will be updated as things open up and construction progresses. Towards the end of our stay it looked like maybe Japengo was starting to reopen and I think luaus may return in December. I can’t say much about what’s going on in the restaurants because we took out and ate in our room but it looked like people were distanced pretty well.

I’d just say in general I thought the hotel did an excellent job with COVID protocols. The place looked very clean and I don’t think I saw a single employee not wearing/improperly wearing a mask, well placed hand sanitizer stations, someone at the pool disinfected loungers after guests left.

Going soon after reopening definitely has its advantages. We were confirmed to a ocean front room via email before arrival (explorist) and they allowed us a 9pm checkout. We never shared an elevator and there were only ever 20 or so people at the main pool.

Not sure how helpful a super detailed review would be since I’m sure things will change in the coming weeks but if there’s anything specific you’re wondering I’m happy to answer.
LIH Prem and Maui4me1 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Glob, EX-AS 75k
Curious -- was the Regency Club open? I'm assuming that they aren't operating buffets at least.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by michellt
Curious -- was the Regency Club open? I'm assuming that they aren't operating buffets at least.
Honestly passed by the entrance for a few days without realizing it was the club so I don't think so, I don't know if that's what it always looks like though.

The breakfast buffet was operating as manned stations; food behind plexiglass being served by employees.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:46 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by michellt
According to the hotel's website, the Regency Club is "Unavailable until further notice"
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:42 pm

For anyone who has stayed since the reopening: Do they offer breakfast at Swan Court for Globalists since the lounge is closed?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by Designtime
For anyone who has stayed since the reopening: Do they offer breakfast at Swan Court for Globalists since the lounge is closed?
YES
LIH Prem and michellt like this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:04 am

Nice! Thanks for the quick reply.
michellt likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:03 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I just posted a current review of HR Maui under Covid19 restrictions:

Hyatt Regency Maui under Covid19 restrictions: Outstanding!
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

maybe they see a lot of cancellations for december as they say but i've been looking for quite some time and they are not releasing any suites - i'd love to go but not to pack a family of 4 in a standard room...
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I normally have to book 13 months out to get a suite here (did so for 2021/2022). There were some available this year at that mark, and then now and then due to coronavirus. I had 1 week booked and ended up booking 2 weeks for this December really late due to GH Kauai closing.

4 in a standard room could be doable, the property being a bit older has decent rooms 5-600 sq foot size wise. The newer properties, aka Andaz at ~400 sq feet do seem smaller.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by azepine00
maybe they see a lot of cancellations for december as they say but i've been looking for quite some time and they are not releasing any suites - i'd love to go but not to pack a family of 4 in a standard room...
I noticed this as well. I'm a globalist staying here next week and checked to see if there were suites and didn't see anything. I'm wondering if more families booked suites or if they're perhaps undergoing renovations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.