Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
2 p.m. but subject to availability. Otherwise I believe it is 11 a.m. Keep in mind this property is frequently fully booked.
Especially in February!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Has anybody tried to use an Explorist upgrade certificate for club access when staying at the hotel on a timeshare preview rate?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:30 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Has anybody tried to use an Explorist upgrade certificate for club access when staying at the hotel on a timeshare preview rate?
I haven't tried - I'm not yet an Exp - but I think it would be difficult because your room reservation doesn't appear on hyatt.com. I booked a July stay a few weeks ago and neither HR Maui or the WoH call centers see it in their system. I have rooms booked around my timeshare stay and I want to link the reservations so I don't have to move while I'm there. When I called the HRC line, I was told the reservation would show up under my name "a week or two" before my stay,
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by skj
I haven't tried - I'm not yet an Exp - but I think it would be difficult because your room reservation doesn't appear on hyatt.com. I booked a July stay a few weeks ago and neither HR Maui or the WoH call centers see it in their system. I have rooms booked around my timeshare stay and I want to link the reservations so I don't have to move while I'm there. When I called the HRC line, I was told the reservation would show up under my name "a week or two" before my stay,
If you're talking about a special offer thing from Hyatt, it says in the T&C that normal Hyatt GP stuff doesn't apply, i.e. you can't ask for room upgrades, etc.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by seaduck79
If you're talking about a special offer thing from Hyatt, it says in the T&C that normal Hyatt GP stuff doesn't apply, i.e. you can't ask for room upgrades, etc.
Correct, the written materials say that you are not entitled to the usual WOH benefits like upgrades, late checkout etc. However the last time I visited with a similar offer (while the timeshares were under construction) I used a DSU and received lounge access, etc. Hence the question...though from the post above I gather I will have to wait until the rez shows up in Hyatt's system.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:01 am

Contacting manager for room requests

Globalist using points for upcoming stay. 3rd time staying at this resort. Would like to find out e-mail address for best person to contact about room requests.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by barbh2
Globalist using points for upcoming stay. 3rd time staying at this resort. Would like to find out e-mail address for best person to contact about room requests.
[email protected]

Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by az2323
I will be using points to stay 4 nights at the Hyatt Regency Maui in February. I have explorist status is there any chance they will give me a room with a decent view? I will also be using a free lounge access pass. Will they give me a room that is very close to the lounge? Thank you
Hi. Did you end up getting any upgrades as an Explorist? Planning last minute anniversary trip there fully on points and it would be nice to have a better room. It's sad though that this is my first year in 3 that I am no longer Diamond/Globalist. The standard suite is still available for upgrade but not the club.

Last edited by cdancer20; Mar 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Anyone know how nice this hotel is about letting you check in early. We are looking to book connecting flight from The Big Island. Would prefer to arrive at noon but can push back to 3:30 if necessary.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Anyone know how nice this hotel is about letting you check in early. We are looking to book connecting flight from The Big Island. Would prefer to arrive at noon but can push back to 3:30 if necessary.
I called the front desk the day before arrival to ask for a suite on a high floor and also mentioned we would be arriving at the hotel at 11am. When we checked in, we were pleasantly surprised to find we had been given top floor suite AND it was ready
I think it helped we were checking in on a Monday and not the weekend.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:28 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by frogss29
I called the front desk the day before arrival to ask for a suite on a high floor and also mentioned we would be arriving at the hotel at 11am. When we checked in, we were pleasantly surprised to find we had been given top floor suite AND it was ready
I think it helped that you called the front desk the day before arrival.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by frogss29
Thanks! Unfortunately within 30 mins of me looking at the flights and posting this, the 11 am flight went up $20/person. Oh well.

Edit: Waiting a day to book and the flights went up in price. The 11 am flight ended up being $10 less than the 3pm one so I grabbed that. We'll see. If nothing else, we can just go hang out at the pool or something until our room is ready.

Last edited by cdancer20; Mar 23, 2018 at 6:53 am
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:54 am

Does the hotel offer any discounts for luau for their guests? I don't want to book online if it's cheaper for guests or those with Hyatt status.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Does the hotel offer any discounts for luau for their guests? I don't want to book online if it's cheaper for guests or those with Hyatt status.
They do for Globalists but I don't know about Explorists. Call the concierge desk there and ask.
cdancer20 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:16 pm
cwc

Yes, the luau is discounted for explorist. I think it was 5%. Make sure the concierge book the reservation know you are an explorist, I had to get a refund credit because they forget to flag my reservation last year. BTW, make sure you go to their on-site shaved ice stand. It was the best thing about the resort (other than the waterslide), but they close by 6pm.
cdancer20 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.