Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Matt4200
RC is closed I did ask about it and was told they are not planning to reopen it in 2023, but possibly 2024.

As far as I can tell the only Club Lounge in Southern California currently open is Manchester GH.

Breakfast was served from the “market” which is basically just a small cafe, about 6-7 entree choices in total.
Thanks for the response - that's sad. I really enjoyed the RC here during past stays.

David
Old Dec 21, 2022, 1:44 pm

stayed there for 3 days in July,

they discontinued the REGENCY CLUB, which is an disappointment.

the rooms are pretty old, and no upgrades for me with globalist status,

proximity to food and waterfront is great, but if you ask me if staying there in future,

i doubt it
Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Beds we’re also uncomfortable and the heating/cooling system was horrible very dated.

Overall 7/10 would have to look more into the HC to determine if we’d stay there or the HR again when in Long Beach.
I'm shocked that any stay with uncomfortable beds and terrible climate control would get a 7 out of 10. Those are basics that should be maintained - if a hotel can't get those right, no reason for such a high rating.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<deleted>

Last edited by DELee; Dec 21, 2022 at 5:46 pm
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I'm shocked that any stay with uncomfortable beds and terrible climate control would get a 7 out of 10. Those are basics that should be maintained - if a hotel can't get those right, no reason for such a high rating.
You’re exactly correct.

I think it’s social and economical conditioning to provide a slightly higher rating based on external (outside the actual room) conditions.

The reasons for a “boost” are -

1) Off peak so only 9k points a night

2) Comped parking which the $33 price point is visible in multiple areas.

3) Comped Breakfast which was about $105 per day with 2 adults and 2 children.

4) Staff were all very nice and welcoming, very good vibe.

5) Jacuzzi

I feel like a non-Globalist and no TSU would have given it a solid 5/10, especially when the cash rates were $250+ for a base room.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One other thing to note right now - the City of Long Beach has set up a fairly decent holiday lighting display for the rest of the month in front of the Terrace Theater and Performing Arts Complex which is adjacent to the HR Long Beach.

David
Old Oct 18, 2023, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
4.8 million dollar fine

Looks like this property is being hit by a $4,800,000 fine by the state for not rehiring 25 employees laid off during Covid.

LA Times

California's labor commissioner on Tuesday ordered the Hyatt Regency Long Beach to pay nearly $4.8 million in fines for failing to offer jobs to workers who had been laid off during COVID-19 shutdowns.

The hotel did not offer job positions in a timely manner to 25 employees, including restaurant servers, bartenders, housekeepers, cashiers and stewards, according to a Tuesday news release by the office of Lilia García-Brower, the state labor commissioner. The fine will be paid to the affected employees.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:55 pm

Globalist on standard points price stay for 2 nights before new years, upgraded to the standard studio suite. Surprised at the size of the bathroom, one of the smallest I've seen. Basically door & toilet are nearly on top of each other with the sink and shower entrance inside the arc of the door. Not much to say otherwise, standard breakfast buffet (fruit, bread, eggs, bacon, potatoes) without much flair, or order ala carte at the lobby market, also fairly basic.

Oh also something I haven't seen for a long time, but this hotel's wifi captive portal splits between complementary standard internet & premium ($10/day), which is taken off the bill for Discoverist+
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 11:19 pm

Just completed a 1 night stay as globalist on FNC. Upgraded at checkin to a standard studio suite. Valet parking was free. Unlike the above poster, I didn't take issue with the bathroom size and I feel like they aren't all alike. Our bathroom, while not large per se (and definitely the smallest bathroom for any suite I've stayed in that only had one bathroom) was still decently sized and there was no door nearly on top of the toilet. Tons of storage space and open space as well. Also a full sized three level dresser, but it is a little awkwardly placed in the foyer and blocked whenever the bathroom door is open. Suite is basically a junior suite...bedroom and living room are a large open space, separated from the foyer and bathroom by a door. Hardware wasn't the nicest I've seen but it's pleasant and functional.

Toilet was clogged on arrival but promptly fixed. Breakfast in the restaurant was quite unremarkable and perhaps the worst full-service Hyatt breakfast I've had. The eggs were pre-made and terrible. And the overall variety on offer was barely adequate. That said, aside from the eggs the quality was ok. I heard one customer complaining to their partner that this breakfast was really $28?!! Tbh, that surprised me as well...I'd be upset if I was paying cash.

The hostess gave me a bill when I first arrived (which I never opened). She came back to me later on asking to switch bills for me since she realized I was globalist. The new bill was identical to the old one but with an 18% gratuity added in. I guess including 18% grat yields a better tip for the staff than when they leave globs to their own devices...

Destination fee includes $10 daily credit at the market so I grabbed two bags of chips for $8.50 (!!) That and breakfast wiped off the bill without prompting.

Overall an unremarkable stay but I wouldn't mind returning. Location seems to be quite nice but the weather was crappy so I never ventured out on foot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.