FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 20, 2024, 11:19 pm
projectmaximus

Just completed a 1 night stay as globalist on FNC. Upgraded at checkin to a standard studio suite. Valet parking was free. Unlike the above poster, I didn't take issue with the bathroom size and I feel like they aren't all alike. Our bathroom, while not large per se (and definitely the smallest bathroom for any suite I've stayed in that only had one bathroom) was still decently sized and there was no door nearly on top of the toilet. Tons of storage space and open space as well. Also a full sized three level dresser, but it is a little awkwardly placed in the foyer and blocked whenever the bathroom door is open. Suite is basically a junior suite...bedroom and living room are a large open space, separated from the foyer and bathroom by a door. Hardware wasn't the nicest I've seen but it's pleasant and functional.

Toilet was clogged on arrival but promptly fixed. Breakfast in the restaurant was quite unremarkable and perhaps the worst full-service Hyatt breakfast I've had. The eggs were pre-made and terrible. And the overall variety on offer was barely adequate. That said, aside from the eggs the quality was ok. I heard one customer complaining to their partner that this breakfast was really $28?!! Tbh, that surprised me as well...I'd be upset if I was paying cash.

The hostess gave me a bill when I first arrived (which I never opened). She came back to me later on asking to switch bills for me since she realized I was globalist. The new bill was identical to the old one but with an 18% gratuity added in. I guess including 18% grat yields a better tip for the staff than when they leave globs to their own devices...

Destination fee includes $10 daily credit at the market so I grabbed two bags of chips for $8.50 (!!) That and breakfast wiped off the bill without prompting.

Overall an unremarkable stay but I wouldn't mind returning. Location seems to be quite nice but the weather was crappy so I never ventured out on foot.