Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:35 pm

The property is just OK. The gym isn't impressive the lounge is decent. Pool is pretty small. Wasn't there during the renovation so can't comment on that.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Thanks for the comment. I'm staying at the Pike this week and love it. I have a week booked here at the end of Oct so will provide an update.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Any updates canon5dfan or others? TIA
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond

We visited with the family, a group of 10 of us and were very nicely treated. We found the property to be very nice and conveniently located. I applied the DSU and was given a suite. As we had 4 rooms, the other room also connected to the same living room and we had the perfect set up of 2 rooms sharing one large living room and kitchenette.

Reception staff were very friendly and when asked if they could do anything more, I asked in jest if they could provide a pink elephant with green dots. Ho and behold, the elephant was delivered, framed and signed by the reception team. This made for a memorable memento of our stay and was on the dining table as a point of conversation every evening.

The gift probably cost about 3$ but definitely made the stay memorable for very good reason.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Total turnaround- fantastic!

I have not stayed here since the renovation was complete.
I booked a one night stay at a reasonable BAR. Greeted warmly at the front desk. The MOD came out to say hello and I was given a nice note from the GM.I was also informed that I had been upgraded and the FDR asked if I would like a 4 p.m. checkout. and asked if I would like points or an amenity. All of this was done in a most pleasant manner.

Very nice upgrade to a suite. Suite was beautifully decorated-In fact the whole hotel is lovely post renovation.

When I do a staycation I rarely get a room/suite that I wish I could have as a home. This stay at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach is such a stay. Not only did I get an incredible upgrade but every single staff member I have encountered(Eden and Chris at the front desk, Alexandra in the Regency lounge and Lolita in Housekeeping)were friendly and efficient and seemed happy to be there.

The renovation looks wonderful and I look forward to returning soon

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Aug 31, 2015 at 3:34 pm
Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any suites available on the website. Are they part of the RC rooms? I'm looking at using a DSU either here or in HB. HB obviously looks nicer, but LB is cheaper for cash+points. Self parking fees for each is pretty close to a wash, but HB also charges a resort fee. Thoughts?

http://longbeach.hyatt.com/en/hotel/rooms.html
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any suites available on the website. Are they part of the RC rooms? I'm looking at using a DSU either here or in HB. HB obviously looks nicer, but LB is cheaper for cash+points. Self parking fees for each is pretty close to a wash, but HB also charges a resort fee. Thoughts?

http://longbeach.hyatt.com/en/hotel/rooms.html
When I first learned about this hotel, I was really confused by their listings too. They don't have everything on their site. There is a Corner King Harbor that sometimes comes up when you try to make a reservation. As for suites, there are four levels of suites here:
  • Harbor Suite
  • VIP Suite
  • Palm Suite
  • Royal Suite

Most DSUs get the Harbor Suite, sometimes you get VIP Suite. Not sure how you even book the Palm or Royal suite if they don't list it anywhere on their website.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:06 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Does anybody know whether all suites get lounge access? Without room descriptions on the website, it's not clear whether this is the case.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:34 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by gba
Does anybody know whether all suites get lounge access? Without room descriptions on the website, it's not clear whether this is the case.
Don't know for sure but I doubt it - suites at domestic properties rarely come with lounge access.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Seems like a lot of folks prefer the Pike. However, the DSU at the Pike only has a half wall between the bed and the couch (based on pictures, I haven't stayed there) while this hotel has a full suite.

Anyone stay at both hotels using DSUs post renovation here, and is willing to offer their opinion?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Current Status Of and Opinion Of Regency Club?

Is it open, open on weekends, and what did you think of it?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jayer
Hours as of December 2015:

Continental breakfast:
M-F: 6-9am
S-S: 7-10am

Mid-Day snacks:
Daily: 10am-5pm

Hors d'oeuvres:
Daily: 5-9pm

Photo of the card I took from my visits in October and December: http://i.imgur.com/gUPqZN9.jpg

I don't have a lot of experience in Regency Clubs so I don't know how it compares, but I thought the Club was fine. Food was mostly light fare, particularly during the mid-day snacks. If I remember correctly, the snacks were just five jars of things like nuts, dried fruit, etc. I don't remember much about the breakfast nor the hors d'oeuvres. It was nice to have access to bottled water and the coffee/espresso machine during the day and night though.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MADBOB
Any recent stays at this property, especially after the remodel? How is this compared to the Hyatt Pike a few blocks away? Also any options for getting to the San Pedro cruise ship terminal?
I stayed recently and was very pleased with this property. It's been a little while longer since I stayed at the Pike. My preference is the HR, but I would not hesitate to stay in either. The Pike does have cheap parking rates in the nearby garage.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jayer
Open on weekends. It's not a large club, but the food selection is ok for a domestic club. For breakfast, they had cereals/breads/pastries, salmon, bacon and eggs along with fresh juices.

Hors D'oeuvres they had some chicken skewers. I didn't try them as I had dinner plans with friends and was just popping in to get some bottles of water.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt dia
Can anyone recommend a good alternative place to park overnight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.