Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 1999, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver

Hi all,

I'm planning on staying at this Hyatt in April and was wondering what opinions people have on it. Thanks for any info!

------------------

Regards,
- Anna

Old Mar 12, 1999, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's a very nice hotel. But it's usually quite sold out in April due to the Long Beach Grand Prix. If you are in town then, it's a madhouse!

Otherwise, it's a beautiful area with plenty of interesting restaurants and clubs within walking distance. You also have a water taxi to the Queen Mary.
Old Mar 12, 1999, 6:41 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Ask for a room with a view of the Queen Mary. There is a pleasant boardwalk and area of shops across the street (on the ocean) as well. The rooms are typical boring Hyatt.
Old Mar 13, 1999, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input! I'm only going to be there for a weekend (4/23 - 4/26) for the International Collectibles show at the convention center. Thanks for the warning about the Grand Prix. Fortunately, I made my reservations during the week & I'm all set!

Glad to hear it's a nice hotel, I'll be doing my 1st trans-con flight (BOS-IAD-LAX) & I'll probably be wiped out!

------------------

Regards,
- Anna

[This message has been edited by AnnaS (edited 03-13-99).]
Old Mar 14, 1999, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Beware that Long Beach is an expensive cab ride from LAX. You can use Supershuttle which is cheaper, but that could take you a couple hours. If you rent a car, it's real easy to get to the Hyatt from LAX.
Old Mar 14, 1999, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the warning, Stimpy. I was planning on taking SuperShuttle. I'll be getting in around 9PM so maybe traffic won't be too bad? I wasn't planning on renting a car since I'll be in the vicinity of the hotel the whole time.

------------------

Regards,
- Anna

Old Jul 1, 2004, 9:28 pm

Hyatt Long Beach

Any recent reviews here? Did a search but didnt find much. Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2004, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by OGG_Fever
Any recent reviews here? Did a search but didnt find much. Thanks!
I stayed there couple of times before becoming a Diamond so I cannot comment about the RC Club or RC floor. The rooms are quite simple but I am not impressed about their front desk staff. Maybe I have been unlucky but couple of times they have been simply rude.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 12:14 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed there about a year ago and I was on RC floor. The rooms felt like the 70's--furnishings, carpeting, bedspreads, bathroom. Hallways felt old, too. RC was nice with a good view of the harbor. Small pool. It's right next to the convention center so would be convenient if you needed to be there. Also walking distance to Shoreline Village (not all the exciting) and the aquarium. Maybe I wouldn't have been so disappointed if we hadn't just come from the Hyatt Huntington Beach.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
I stayed there in December, as a diamond I was upgraded to the RC floor. My room had recently been upgraded and was fine. The diamond amenity consisted of the standard stuff. The club was closed so I was given a certificate for a coffee & pastry at a small concession in the lobby. You are pretty much forced to park at the Hyatt parking lot or one of the paid lots. Overall the property is ok. The beach and several restaurants are within walking distance. For business or a one night stay this property is fine, however if your looking for a weekend or more at a beach location I much prefer Huntington Beach.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Mad4Miles
I stayed there in December, as a diamond I was upgraded to the RC floor. My room had recently been upgraded and was fine. The diamond amenity consisted of the standard stuff. The club was closed so I was given a certificate for a coffee & pastry at a small concession in the lobby. You are pretty much forced to park at the Hyatt parking lot or one of the paid lots. Overall the property is ok. The beach and several restaurants are within walking distance. For business or a one night stay this property is fine, however if your looking for a weekend or more at a beach location I much prefer Huntington Beach.
There are ample "free" parking on the street next to the Hyatt from 9PM until 8AM. Because of my Hyatt hopping schedule I have NEVER paid for their parking. If you are coming from the downtown LB the street is just before the Hyatt entrance on the right hand side.

Last edited by holtju2; Jul 4, 2004 at 12:21 am
Old Jul 2, 2004, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used to live in LGB and stayed at the Hyatt once on an FFN with the kids. It's an old hotel that often sells out due to it's location by the convention center and Shoreline Village and Pine Street and now the new Pike. Loads of great activities in the area. But since the hotel doesn't have to try hard to get business, they don't. Yet if you get an RC upgrade it's still pretty good and the RC itself is nice and staffed by good people.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 7:26 am

Thumbs down Rc

Originally Posted by Mad4Miles
IThe club was closed so I was given a certificate for a coffee & pastry at a small concession in the lobby. .
I'm a Diamond and got the same certificate for the concession stand...Very tacky. But once, I did get a coupon for breakfast at their Tides Restaurant.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Was there June 8th

It was a nice stay. I was there one night, checked in around 8 p.m. and checked out at 6:00 a.m. the following a.m. I was put in a room on the 2nd floor (same floor as check in) and given RC access. The RC was open that night till 10 so I had some hot food and cold snacks as well as diet soda. An honor bar was in place too but didn't use it. My room was a basic room overlooking the water. I used 1 800 check in as well.

The next morning I went up to the RC for coffee and to use the computer in the RC that is for RC guest use. Had some coffee and a quick bite to eat and left.

I found the front desk to be very hospitable on arrival and checkout. I wish I had known about the free parking. It was $10 bucks to park.

It was the night of a Laker Piston finals game and the bar was packed.

I'd stay here again thats for sure.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 7:59 pm

Just finished my stay, thanks for all the helpful hints. as a diamond got a RC Room on 16. Amenity was delivered timely (w/in 20 mins). Even # rooms have the ocean view so that was good that I got one of those. RC was open and cookies were terrible at night, breakfast was continental, no hot items. Fruit, coffee, tea available throughout the day (nothing else). self parking still $10. Great location as described above, walked to the aquarium coupons available in the visit long beach magazine for the tourists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.