Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:03 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Differing experiences of the same situation always fascinate me. Same week, same bridge, same cars and trains -- and it sounds like very similar rooms. Yet I have no negative recollection of noise from the bridge.

I recall hearing a train on a couple of occasions and wondered where on the bridge the tracks were. One of them, while outside, I looked up to see where the train was but the sun was in my eyes so my attention diverted elsewhere. I don't recall thinking about it again.

I'm glad you had a 'perfectly fine' experience at the PH Melbourne. I was certainly hoping for one. I agree that, for the price, you should be able to expect at least that.
I too had a flawless stay last month no noise at all
Sometimes the cruise ships can be noisy. I got real lucky^
Busy little area!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 14, 2015 at 11:55 am
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:58 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The PHS is offering 25% off for the 25th anniversary http://www.facebook.com/ParkHyattSyd...191521141728:0
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:03 am

How's the weather in July? Is it cold or a feels good chilly?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:17 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
At the hotel as I'm typing this. (staying as Hyatt Diamonds)

Weather is not too bad. high 50s to mid 60s while we've been here.

Transfer from SYD to hotel was efficient and friendly. Also, at $110AUD, it's probably one of the more reasonably priced 5 star hotel transfer I've encountered. (taxis will run $60AUD)

The hotel staff has been nothing but great, thus far. We are staying on points and were upgraded to the Opera Deluxe Room (314) which is really one of the best rooms you can be upgraded into. The staff found out that my wife and I are traveling from a small town called Winston-Salem, NC. Where krispy kreme originates. We returned from exploring to find 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme and bottle of milk with note wishing us a happy stay.

While the breakfast isn't anything to write home about, it is good and the hotel isn't stingy about what you can or cannot order. Order whatever we wanted and bill was always $0.
The view is to die for, though.

Overall, we received more than what we were anticipating and are looking forward to dinner at the Dinning Room. The location is really great and I would most definitely recommend this property to all my friends and clients.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by htang333
At the hotel as I'm typing this. (staying as Hyatt Diamonds)

Weather is not too bad. high 50s to mid 60s while we've been here.

Transfer from SYD to hotel was efficient and friendly. Also, at $110AUD, it's probably one of the more reasonably priced 5 star hotel transfer I've encountered. (taxis will run $60AUD)

The hotel staff has been nothing but great, thus far. We are staying on points and were upgraded to the Opera Deluxe Room (314) which is really one of the best rooms you can be upgraded into. The staff found out that my wife and I are traveling from a small town called Winston-Salem, NC. Where krispy kreme originates. We returned from exploring to find 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme and bottle of milk with note wishing us a happy stay.

While the breakfast isn't anything to write home about, it is good and the hotel isn't stingy about what you can or cannot order. Order whatever we wanted and bill was always $0.
The view is to die for, though.

Overall, we received more than what we were anticipating and are looking forward to dinner at the Dinning Room. The location is really great and I would most definitely recommend this property to all my friends and clients.
Well said
Great assessment and wonderful report Thank You^
Amazing hotel great management and reasonably strong team members with some standouts.
I have broached the sensitive topic on baking and food and beverage execution.
A well known and excellent poster and past guest of the hotel commented in another thread just today about the inability of the hotels kitchen to make proper home fries!
Who doesn't love the Park Hyatt Sydney anyway though.They are still a top ten Hyatt in my book.
They could teach the New York sister property quite a bit on the service side of the equation and New York could probably help them with some recipes for the kitchen staring with scones and muffins.
Maybe the incomparable and class act Luke @ The Park Hyatt NY can share some recipes with the pastry chef on board In SYD
Enjoy your stay
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Just checked out after 1 C&P night. More to follow, but in summary, check in was brief (thankfully, after a long escapade at SYD). Recognized as Diamond and amenities all laid out, got late check out as requested. Room was wonderful, upgraded to 1st floor Park Opera King, I believe (we had great view of the Opera House, directly across the causeway). Service was great, concierge had excellent recommendations (including a trip to Manly that was outstanding) and after free diamond breakfast (with waffles and smoked salmon) my wife was happy.

Definitely made my first time to Sydney a special one, and will be back for sure. Excellent hard and soft product all around.

-AD
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG VIP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Always wondered, if you ordered more than 1 item from The Dining Room Breakfast per person - such as additional sides or 2 items- would they charge you for it?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by dt88
Always wondered, if you ordered more than 1 item from The Dining Room Breakfast per person - such as additional sides or 2 items- would they charge you for it?
I've not experienced that
The hotel treats Diamonds generously as true VIPS ^
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Checked in today for a couple of nights with my family and parents. Booked 2 rooms on points and got upgraded on both. Opera deluxe on main with a connecting (outside door) opera view. We arrived early in the morning and they were kind enough to give us a room to relax in beforehand as well as breakfast.

Hard product is very nice. Opera deluxe is spacious and I love the bath tub overlooking the opera house. Just sitting on the balcony watching the ships go by now typing this. Quite impressed, it's a very nice property. Nice last port of call for a 40 day RTW trip before we head back stateside.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Most Remarkable Hyatt Stay Ever!

I just returned from a 5 night stay at this property, and as a Hyatt Diamond for 4 years, I've stayed in quite a few Hyatt's. This stay was by far the very best Hyatt stay I've ever had!

We were given a Deluxe Opera View Room (like a junior suite) on the first floor with stunning views, and as others have mentioned, Diamonds here are treated like VIP's. I also was given a tour of the hotel including their Park Sydney Suite on the 5th floor which is absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Here is my Tripadvisor review: "My wife and I have traveled extensively, and experienced quite a few hotels and destinations, but the Park Hyatt Sydney is truly the best of the best! From its highly coveted location on Sydney Harbour with absolutely stunning views of the Sydney Opera House as well as equally marvelous views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge to the exceptional staff that ensure a perfect experience with not even a small detail being overlooked, the Park Hyatt Sydney provided hands down the most exceptional travel experience that we have ever had!

In addition to its prime real estate location, stunning views, and exceptional staff, the hotel is incredibly well appointed with beautiful furnishings, intuitive buttons and sensors, and it’s famous Dining Room restaurant with an extensive spread of delicious food! The Guest Services Manager, Timothy Hunt goes way above and beyond to ensure each guest is looked after.

Even before our arrival, the hotel was incredibly helpful in planning our trip, and the concierge team (especially Jonathan, Camilla, and Mark) were very helpful with planning an exceptional itinerary. Ryan and Bridget from the front desk were both professional and friendly. Our room was refreshed twice daily, and it was a pleasure to come back to after a long day of visiting some of Sydney’s many attractions.

Both the General Manager, Marc von Arnim and the Assistant General Manger Anthony Metcalfe are consummate professionals who truly care deeply about each of their guests, and work with their team to ensure a wonderful and luxurious experience! We really appreciate their efforts in making this such an exceptional experience. As the hotel celebrates its 25th anniversary, my wife and wish them the very best as they take this most luxurious property to new heights!"
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG VIP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Did the entire management staff come out to greet you? And how did you manage to get the tour of the Sydney suite ?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dt88
Did the entire management staff come out to greet you? And how did you manage to get the tour of the Sydney suite ?
We were there for a few days, so we met a number of members of the staff during our stay. This was my second stay at the property, so I had met some of the staff before.

When I was talking to Anthony Metcalfe (Assistant GM), he offered to show me the Sydney suite.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
My wife and I recently stayed at the PH SYD, and we had a great stay.

There were 3 issues that we thought let the place down a little:

1. The Living Room is closed to hotel guests all afternoon, as they sell the Afternoon Tea experience. The Bar is not a good substitute, as there's no view there

2. The bar staff were a little inattentive.

3. The bathroom lighting was too dim. This is a common problem at hotels.

The things we liked:

1. The location was great. VIVID was going on right outside the hotel, so this made it even better.

2. Gluten free handling was great. 4 GF pastry options, plus toast, available for breakfast!

3. The room lighting was great - blackout curtains kept it dark when needed, and the addition of a well thought out nightlight system for 3am bathroom visits was useful.

I wrote a full report for my blog https://www.fhrnews.com/news/park-hy...ey-trio-report
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Is this hotel not allowing free night awards with a new Hyatt Visa card?

They have City View King rooms available on the dates I want, but it says no availability.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:56 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Is this hotel not allowing free night awards with a new Hyatt Visa card?

They have City View King rooms available on the dates I want, but it says no availability.
Credit Card signup nights must be booked one night at a time - better to just call and get the reservation - a FT friend and partner booked four nights last Nov.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.