Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
+1
Pen had some amazing third night free rates last time I looked. 8K THB for a suite.
And those are the most lovely, user friendly suites. And if you want to talk about swimming pools, The Peninsula's is my favorite of any urban resort in the world. I can relax for hours in the poolside salas, and often choose to have lunch poolside.

Then there's the jaw droppingly beautiful spa with great therapists. The River Cafe and Terrace, Mei Jiang Cantonese restaurant, the panoramic views from the suites, etc...

Just book the Peninsula and don't even think twice, trust me
xray likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I stayed for the first time at PH BKK. I booked a basic room and was upgraded to a corner room. I could see suites available online but was told they could not upgrade me to a suite because the suite(s) available had a bad smell at the moment Not a big problem since it was only a 2-night stay, but I was just curious.

I found the room and the service to be nice. Social hour downstairs has a good selection of drinks. The PH not having a lounge, I did not expect much in terms of food, but I was positively surprised. That said, food remains far more limited than hotels with a lounge. The breakfast is of good quality, but I found the spread to be a bit thin. I could hear traffic from my room on the 25th floor, but not too disturbing. The location and the direct access to the Central Embassy shopping mall is fantastic.

Overall I like the hotel, but at the price level currently offered I will most likely pick other options in the near future. I did not see enough to justify such a large price premium relative to other perfectly fine options in the city. If the price drops enough then I will be back.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just finished a 4 night stay in a suite with a DSU.

Pros:
Suite was great and comfortable.
5-7 social hour was nice. No liquor though.
Large sized Le Labo products - unfortunately it's not the ones from the PH NY.
Living room table was big enough for 6.
Penthouse is a pretty nice rooftop bar. The manager/host Michelle is American and pretty cool. Drank twice there, ordered a bottle one night.
Being connected to the Central Embassy was very useful.

Cons:
For breakfast, I was only given the limited Globalist menu every single morning. The buffet selection is much smaller than at the GH Bangkok.
No liquor in the minibar was weird.
The pool is way more impressive in pictures.
I think it's really odd that to get to the Penthouse bar open to everyone, you have to get in the small elevator bank that's made for guests.
Uber DOES NOT pickup in front of the hotel It picks up in front of the Gucci store at Central Embassy next door.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:48 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Have that marked not to serve you alcohol? Social hour includes wine and the minibar has large bottles of Liquor, not mini bottles.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
Cons:
For breakfast, I was only given the limited Globalist menu every single morning. The buffet selection is much smaller than at the GH Bangkok.
Wait what?
They still play games with Globalist breakfast offerings?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:21 pm

Can you do room service breakfast?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Can you do room service breakfast?
If you're willing to pay, yes.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by agjil
Wait what?
They still play games with Globalist breakfast offerings?
Yeah I thought I read something (maybe a blog post) that said they were going to stop playing that little game.

Not evening considering this property (nor GH) for my next stay. 11K THB for a grande suite at SGS. Though tempted by the phenomenal deal on a suite at the Pen.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:48 pm

I actually asked for the other menu and they told me there's the buffet and I can order one item from the limited menu. The other menu had a lot of options on there which they wouldn't let me get.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I actually asked for the other menu and they told me there's the buffet and I can order one item from the limited menu. The other menu had a lot of options on there which they wouldn't let me get.
It's unfortunate that we're being treated like second class guests again. The optics of a pared down, special menu just looks so bad.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Didn't someone in this thread get 'assurance' from management that the full breakfast menu is available to Globalists?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Ok, tick off the list again.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Could someone please post photos of the full and limited breakfast menus respectively? Would be good to know what to expect for my upcoming stay next month.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:37 am

I didn't take photos, but the limited breakfast is 1 page:
It contains 1 few American egg options, and 3 Thai options.

The other menu is two pages with a lot lot more.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:32 am

I didn't take photos, but the limited breakfast is 1 page:
It contains 1 few American egg options, and 3 Thai options.

The other menu is two pages with a lot lot more.

This might be a communication issue more than a menu issue. When we were there in July, we got the full menu. The made-to-order dishes were very limited (maybe 4-5 options), but the rest of the menu literally just described what was already in the buffet. All the fresh juices, smoothies, pastries, breads, cereals, cheeses/meats, etc. I'm not sure there's an actual difference. You could order the other things on the menu, which just meant that a waiter would bring it from the buffet on a plate to your table. The weirdest part was that you had to order butter, and it was not self-service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.