Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:08 pm

I’m thinking of booking either a Park Deluxe room or a Park Suite King for an upcoming stay. Does anyone have any recommended specific rooms or floors (or things to avoid)? I’ve read some comments about how the rooms can vary quite a bit and wanted to get some recommendations in case I put in a request.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by nycnyc
I’m thinking of booking either a Park Deluxe room or a Park Suite King for an upcoming stay. Does anyone have any recommended specific rooms or floors (or things to avoid)? I’ve read some comments about how the rooms can vary quite a bit and wanted to get some recommendations in case I put in a request.
I really like room 235 (Park Deluxe) as it has views onto the street and high ceilings. I personally avoid any of the courtyard facing rooms.
nycnyc and PETERPNYC like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has the Roissy bus from CDG to Opera been re-started? I think its service was suspended due to COVID-19.

Alternatively, can one walk from the Chatellet-les-Halles RER station to the hotel instead of transferring to ride one station? I know the sidewalks can be very crowded in this area of Paris (especially on rue Rivoli) so one would need to be careful with luggage and watch for pickpockets, like on a crowded RER train from CDG.
Yes, the bus is operating.
I took it 2 months ago in May from CDG to Opera.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:34 pm

Any pro tips anyone who has stayed here / stayed here recently would offer for a first timer here?

IE: Seems like you can get the breakfast as:
1. room service
2. the "american breakfast" from the menu here
3. ~50 euro credit for anything on the menu

We are staying 4 nights on points and have a confirmed suite via suite upgrade award.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by nycnyc
If you like quiet rooms and don’t mind the interior courtyard view, 615 was my favorite. I also liked 110 because of the small terrace.
PETERPNYC likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
We are currently staying at the Hotel for the weekend. Bad News: no More Le Labo toiletries….they now have another French brand I never heard of.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:13 am

Are they back to supplying Blaise Mautin?
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
yes, they have Blaise Mautin now y
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Much prefer over the heavily perfumed Le Labo!
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:12 pm

I'm a globalist headed there for a few nights in September. Anybody happen to have the GM's email address?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Much prefer over the heavily perfumed Le Labo!
I like Blaise Mautin (even got a free bottle from the hotel for a birthday stay once) but unless things have changed, that's pretty heavy perfume as well. That was always the first aroma that hit you when you came through the front door.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Any pro tips anyone who has stayed here / stayed here recently would offer for a first timer here?

1. room service

We are staying 4 nights on points and have a confirmed suite via suite upgrade award.
The last time we stayed as Globalist, breakfast was buffet plus anything else such as pain perdu, eggs any style, etc, No real limit unless you order champagne.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07

1. room service
I had full room service breakfast with main dish, and fruit plate along with hot chocolate and juice. No extra charges at end of stay.
Great value at breakfast which includes the buffet spread. ordered coffee and tea, once again no charges. Buffet is so lite, and fulfilling but I don't eat like I would in LAS or other worldly buffets in Asian Hotels.
I have exceeded this amount slightly, but was never charged extra. I did not push the boundaries with a Mimosa.

I stay here whenever I am in Paris as I love the property and location as a Globbyist. I use points as I have an abundance of them, the rates are not justified at 1000 EURO+ IMO. Even at the heart of Covid19, it was going for 850+. Keep in mind this is truly a YMMV, and enjoy your trip as I am there as well in August again.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by luvFclass
I stay here whenever I am in Paris as I love the property and location as a Globbyist. I use points as I have an abundance of them, the rates are not justified at 1000 EURO+ IMO. Even at the heart of Covid19, it was going for 850+. Keep in mind this is truly a YMMV, and enjoy your trip as I am there as well in August again.
Good luck with the A/C! It's been a couple years, but my recollection is that it never worked very well there.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Good luck with the A/C! It's been a couple years, but my recollection is that it never worked very well there.

Just got back from a 2 week honeymoon trip to NYC-London-Paris…..
3 nights PARK HYATT Paris. Used points. 105k. Got double upgrade , TSU and then another for not being able to check in early. Or even on time. Arrived at 11. Room eventually ready at just before 4 with apologies. Executive one bedroom suite with view. Room was amazing for a Europe hotel.

my main takeaways. Staff on point. Great staff. Room amazing. Great location. Wasn’t a fan of other guests I came in contact with, mostly entitled Americans, that were too demanding for my taste. Great buffet breakfast. Overall great stay. Check in hiccup. Concierge had a little misunderstanding what we wanted for dinner reservation. Probably our one-time visit, but memories will last forever.

AC was working well, 98 degrees on our “hot day” in Paris…..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.