Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My guess is that some previous hotel guest brought their own pillow and left it behind by mistake, perhaps taking one of the hotel's pillows upon departure. [One could cynically wonder whether it was premeditated or whether the guest bought the IKEA pillow in Paris when they decided that they really liked the PHV pillows.] Unfortunately the housekeepers didn't notice that it wasn't a hotel pillow.

Recently I had something similar in a HR in the USA. My room was supposed to be defeathered and when I investigated, I found some horrible feather pillow with a beige cover under all the layers of white linens. It clearly wasn't a pillow that would have been part of the hotel's stock.

Things happen.
Yes, agree, things happen. We checked the other pillows and no Ikea labels. Housekeeping changed the linens this morning and we still have the pillow but the label is now on the opposite side of the pillow case. Obviously we have too much time on our hands inspecting the pillows.........
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The Hampdan appears to have been discontinued in France, though it's still for sale in Spain for 8€.
ironically, we arrived from San Sebastian, but we didn't visit an Ikea!
Old Nov 28, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by sonomawine
I believe it is the big box store, but not certain. Here's a pic of the label.

I sincerely hope the Hyatt Lurker reads this set of post!! And then has the respect for all of us to reply to this? I mean really Ikea pillows in a Palace? Oh where have you gone Paris?

I know what I would call this but with respect to all the regulars here will not
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:06 am

Can we add to the wiki the cost of the PCR tests? It's hundred eu for onsite. Compare that to fifty eu onsite at the HR Etoile. Guess there's a luxury tax. Antigen not offered on site. At least the PH Vienna was reasonable with their pricing and offered comp antigen tests.
scented likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nas6034
Can we add to the wiki the cost of the PCR tests? It's hundred eu for onsite. Compare that to fifty eu onsite at the HR Etoile. Guess there's a luxury tax. Antigen not offered on site. At least the PH Vienna was reasonable with their pricing and offered comp antigen tests.
I was informed by the hotel today that they can arrange in-room Antigen tests for 160euros
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by rajanh3
I was informed by the hotel today that they can arrange in-room Antigen tests for 160euros
Ouch
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Ouch
Around the corner and all around Paris is +/- 29euros walk up, unless you want to be bougie.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:45 am

There is a pharmacy around the corner from the PH Vendome that does Antigen testing for 30 euros. No more than a 2 minute walk.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Quite the Vendome tax.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by sonomawine
There is a pharmacy around the corner from the PH Vendome that does Antigen testing for 30 euros. No more than a 2 minute walk.
Yep I have used that pharmacy several times over the years.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you want to do the test in your room and can plan ahead, there are monitored self tests (eMed for example IIRC) for about the pharmacy price that the USA accepts.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
At this price, it must include result of client's choice.

I have found (August, October, November) a standard pharmacy price of 25,01 Euros for the antigen test.
lalala and ceebee100 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:12 pm

Stayed here for the Thanksgiving week. As with other posters, I am in full agreement with the general direction of the PH brand.
Nothing stood out bad, but nothing stood out as GOOD either.
Building and rooms are dated. Service is stuffy.
Food is just okay....
I mean, aside from the location to St Rue Honore and other shopping venues, there is no big PRO for this hotel.
If I had to pay cash rate, I'd stay elsewhere.
In fact, I'd probably avoid this particular hotel in the future trip to Paris, even on points.
ceebee100, edgewood49 and zip10001 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Will be staying there mid-December to burn a category 1-7 certificate. At least I have lowered my expectations after going through the most recent reviews.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Going tonight.
Used a TSU to get upgraded from a King Room to a King Suite and got double upgraded (yesterday) to an Executive Suite nice!
lalala and PETERPNYC like this.

Last edited by Sophoclefr; Dec 8, 2021 at 7:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.