Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by smitty06
you can get Hilton gold by just getting the Amex Surpass or Citi Reserve card. You can then do one stay at Hilton and you will qualify for a status challenge.

I have seen a lot of reports of free Accor and Hilton status. If you google it, I am sure you can find it too. Good luck. I hope you can make it work before NYE
I've seen the free Hilton ones through some Australian number or something, but unfortunately I thought Le Accor was more foreign than anything so there wouldn't be such an issue. Perhaps why I thought it simply wasn't on the list of the major four...

I have read on statusmatcher.com that people have been able to obtain IHG platinum status through platinum status with Le Accor, so I am hoping I can do that because I have recent stays with them. If not, I am going to go the Hilton Reserve card through AMEX because if declined it will only be a soft pull and I can backdate it with the rest of my AMEXs!!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:03 pm

UPDATE! They let me get the challenge! Thanks for the help guys! I found a great CSR who was understanding and I assume saw much of my upcoming stays!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Your lucky then :-). Don't forget to register for the fall promotion, those 12 nights will get you some extra points.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Your lucky then :-). Don't forget to register for the fall promotion, those 12 nights will get you some extra points.
Oh don't worry, I've already got that all set up! I'm so excited! Chicago, Kansas City, New Orleans, and DC here I come within the next month!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Glad it worked out for you. Plus this is the weekend, so who knows what staff is on. When talking to personnel over the weekend, they did not know if Fairmont would work. The GP staff on the weekdays know, and would have saved you the heart ache.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by jennbar
UPDATE! They let me get the challenge! Thanks for the help guys! I found a great CSR who was understanding and I assume saw much of my upcoming stays!
Sweet! Good for you.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by smitty06
Sweet! Good for you.
Thank you! I will now be able to have it in Vegas for NYE, as well as maintain it throughout next year with definitely 50+ nights (so far 22 nights/3 months this year, but I wouldn't have made 50 before December 31st).

I have not received the terms yet, as I asked for it to start on Friday, so I have a question. When I meet the requirements next year, when will it then expire? Does it just keep advancing from the year that it last expires?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Thank you! I will now be able to have it in Vegas for NYE, as well as maintain it throughout next year with definitely 50+ nights (so far 22 nights/3 months this year, but I wouldn't have made 50 before December 31st).

I have not received the terms yet, as I asked for it to start on Friday, so I have a question. When I meet the requirements next year, when will it then expire? Does it just keep advancing from the year that it last expires?
I received an introductory email about 5 days later with terms and conditions. It states the offer clearly and what you get.

Subsequently, after completing the challenge I received an email and thereafter a package congratulating me on my successful completion of the challenge. It was quite clear that the offer was completed and when the Diamond Status would be good until (Feb 2015).
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I received an introductory email about 5 days later with terms and conditions. It states the offer clearly and what you get.

Subsequently, after completing the challenge I received an email and thereafter a package congratulating me on my successful completion of the challenge. It was quite clear that the offer was completed and when the Diamond Status would be good until (Feb 2015).
However, when I retain diamond next year by staying 50+ nights, will it then extend for an additional year. IE from your example, then continue until Feb 2016?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

However, when I retain diamond next year by staying 50+ nights, will it then extend for an additional year. IE from your example, then continue until Feb 2016?
Yes.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Just called Gold Passport Customer Service today...I emailed them my SPG status information and she said I should be approved by the end of the week...I have 7 stays already booked!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:18 pm
Suspended

..otherwise what is the incentive to stay the 50 nights? Or to maintain status? Status until February 2016 won't be confirmed until 25 stays/50 nights is achieved in calendar year 2014.

Glad you are on your way.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:09 pm

Question, if I book two rooms, does that count as two nights or just one night? What if I book the second room at a different hotel that same day, would that count as two nights?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chinyun02
Question, if I book two rooms, does that count as two nights or just one night? What if I book the second room at a different hotel that same day, would that count as two nights?
Love for it to count as 2 nights, but both scenarios would only count as one night based on terms and conditions. You could credit one of your guests with the stay in one of the rooms though by checking out under their profile. If you're Diamond it would make sense to place yourself as primary guest at check-in.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
After completing a challenge approximately how long does it take before you receive a welcome letter, Diamond card, etc.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.