FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:02 pm
jennbar

Originally Posted by smitty06
you can get Hilton gold by just getting the Amex Surpass or Citi Reserve card. You can then do one stay at Hilton and you will qualify for a status challenge.

I have seen a lot of reports of free Accor and Hilton status. If you google it, I am sure you can find it too. Good luck. I hope you can make it work before NYE
I've seen the free Hilton ones through some Australian number or something, but unfortunately I thought Le Accor was more foreign than anything so there wouldn't be such an issue. Perhaps why I thought it simply wasn't on the list of the major four...

I have read on statusmatcher.com that people have been able to obtain IHG platinum status through platinum status with Le Accor, so I am hoping I can do that because I have recent stays with them. If not, I am going to go the Hilton Reserve card through AMEX because if declined it will only be a soft pull and I can backdate it with the rest of my AMEXs!!