Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Might be worth it to "buy" Hyatt Diamond status now.. you can find cheap rates at the Excalibur in Las Vegas. If you stay only on $29 nights, you can buy Hyatt diamond status for about $500ish! I posted about it today.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by edcho
This is why I am loyal to Hyatt .
After much thinking, I have decided to do the same and dump my stupid HH diamond card and Hilton deceiving tricks to not upgrade diamond members
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
After much angst and anticipation I decided to postpone my challenge until Sept when I already have 5 nights booked.

Unfortunately this means I must postpone the Chase card app as well.

Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Might be worth it to "buy" Hyatt Diamond status now.. you can find cheap rates at the Excalibur in Las Vegas. If you stay only on $29 nights, you can buy Hyatt diamond status for about $500ish! I posted about it today.
Great find! Too bad Hyatt requires physical checkin to get EQN - 12 nights in Vegas will cost me a lot more than $500
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:58 pm

Same question that has been asked and not answered previously....when in the 60 day challenge, do tier qualifying spend on the hyatt credit card ($20k and $40k threshold) count towards the 12 nights? Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:31 pm

Can anyone confirm whether the stays at MGM properties in Las Vegas after June 20 count towards the completion of the Diamond Trial?

Email Hyatt Customer Service but no reply.

Thanks,

Yi
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It would be interesting to hear how they handle the points bonus for your stay when starting the challenge mid stay.
Points posted for my stay where I started the challenge mid-stay. I got the 30% bonus for the entire stay, the 1000 point amenity bonus and the 6000 bonus points for the first 6 nights. Latter as expected as I started 9 nights or so before the end of the stay.

How soon after completing the 12 nights do you get notified that you've completed the trial? Can you tell just from the tier expiration date, or will Ireceive a mail or something?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by angatol
Points posted for my stay where I started the challenge mid-stay. I got the 30% bonus for the entire stay, the 1000 point amenity bonus and the 6000 bonus points for the first 6 nights. Latter as expected as I started 9 nights or so before the end of the stay.

How soon after completing the 12 nights do you get notified that you've completed the trial? Can you tell just from the tier expiration date, or will Ireceive a mail or something?
That's good that you got the 30% bonus pts for the entire stay; that's probably how the system defaults, since the bill for the entire stay is being settled as a Diamond.

I don't remember getting any email when I completed the challenge. I do seem to remember a pop-up message when I signed onto Hyatt.com, but if I remember correctly, it was a little while after the change in the tier expiration date from the 60-day date of the challenge to the next year. My challenge was in April 2012, so my status was only extended to Feb 2013 at completion of the challenge, but yours should be until Feb 2015.

Sounds like the challenge has worked out pretty good for you.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Sounds like the challenge has worked out pretty good for you.
It has indeed. My tier expiration date hasn't changed, so it does look like they've kept track of the stay days since I started the challenge, rather than include the whole stay. That's not a problem as I will have completed the 12 days next week. I've booked into 3 different properties over the next few weeks to see how they compare.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dingalpha
Can anyone confirm whether the stays at MGM properties in Las Vegas after June 20 count towards the completion of the Diamond Trial?

Email Hyatt Customer Service but no reply.

Thanks,

Yi
Yes, I can confirm they do. I've asked and emailed Hyatt. Also Vegas properties are showing up on Hyatt.com. Check out my post for some tips on completing the Hyatt Diamond Challenge
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edcho
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Applied for the Hyatt Diamond Status Challenge (link to full post) earlier this week great success. I found Hyatt to be very quick in responding and updating my account to reflect the Diamond status. Timeline:

• Email 1: Tuesday at 11:35am — My request to Hyatt
  • Email 2: Tuesday at 7:49pm -- Hyatt Response
  • Email 3: Tuesday at 7:58pm -- I reply that I accept the offer
  • Email 4: Wednesday at 10:59am -- Hyatt confirms enrollment
  • Wednesday at 3:35pm -- Checked Hyatt app and found that Diamond status had been applied--book first stay for later that night
  • Wednesday at 8:21pm — Checked into Grand Hyatt Buckhead, was thanked for being a Diamond member and upgraded to “Luxury Suite” (best room offered: 1,240 sq ft, 1.5 bath, huge living room etc, kitchen etc…)

So within 24 hrs of initial request I had confirmation that I was enrolled, 3 hrs after that my account reflected Diamond status and 5 hrs after that I had successfully checked in with Diamond status. Thanks Hyatt!

For full details (copies of emails, screenshots and pics of my upgraded room!) check out my blog post here: http://www.weekendblitz.com/hyatt-di...tus-challenge/
This is why I am loyal to Hyatt .
Yes, really enjoying Hyatt so far. For the Diamond Trial, I know the terms are 60 days from the date of enrollment but is that a firm rule? Given those rules my challenge should expire around August 3 but on the Hyatt website its showing that my Diamond Tier Status expires August 31. Any ideas?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:53 am

Status expires on 31 August but the 60 days is separate. I doubt they'll accommodate.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:18 pm

Trial update: My second stay has just posted and a few hours after it did, my tier expiration date has changed to 28 Feb 2015. I guess I've completed the challenge then
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by peteropny
Not possible since the kind of nights is determined at time of application.
So, please forgive the noob question. I've churned through many pages here and I *think* I know the answer, but wanted to confirm it.

Me and Mrs nwflyboy signed up for the Chase Hyatt cards a while back, which entitles us to 2 nights (each). We're planning for Sydney, Australia in about 6 months. Our Hyatt accounts are blank slates, no status.

We currently have Hilton Gold status, but we did not at the time when we signed up for the Hyatt cards.

Do I understand correctly that if we had gotten status-matched to Hyatt Diamond BEFORE we signed up for the Hyatt cards (on the basis of Hilton status), then the 2 free nights we received would have been Suites (rather than the standard rooms)? But because we didn't get the status match BEFORE signing up, now that we have signed up for the Hyatt cards, the type of room we get for the sign-up freebie will still be the basic room (and that can't be changed) because the room type is determined at the time it's generated and can not be upleveled?

If that's the case, any chance that they'll throw us a bone upon check-in if we have been status-matched then, even though our freebie room is basic? I'm guessing that any such generosity would be highly unlikely, as this is an ultra-high demand property.

Just wanted to make sure I knew where we stood before going to book those rooms (need to set the wife's expectations about what she'll be staring at out the windows...).

Thanks for the clarification/confirmation.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Yes, I can confirm they do. I've asked and emailed Hyatt. Also Vegas properties are showing up on Hyatt.com. Check out my post for some tips on completing the Hyatt Diamond Challenge
Umm you update your blog and not FT?

Update 6/25/13: Per @HyattPR: @Romsdeals Hello. For trial tier offers, partic. M life resorts will not count toward eligible HGP stay/night credit.
M life stays will qualify for the 25 stays or 50 nights per year to qualify for Hyatt Diamond Status but not for Hyatt Diamond trial.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Umm you update your blog and not FT?

Update 6/25/13: Per @HyattPR: @Romsdeals Hello. For trial tier offers, partic. M life resorts will not count toward eligible HGP stay/night credit.
M life stays will qualify for the 25 stays or 50 nights per year to qualify for Hyatt Diamond Status but not for Hyatt Diamond trial.
I have also called GP customer service and they stated if it was an eligible stay, then it would be counted…

I have just started a Diamond Challenge with 1 Nt booked at Hyatt Place, 1 Nt booked at SF Hyatt Regency then 5 Nts Hyatt Regency Orange County then 5 Nts at Mandalay Bay… (mid July)

I hope they can clear this up sooner rather than later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.