Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Emailed Hyatt/Marriott for status match/challenges as I am looking away from HH and PC.

Hyatt offered me 12 days in 60 days for diamond til end of Feb 2014. Marriott offered me a challenge of 9 stays through Dec 31st for Plat til end of Feb 2014.

Surprised Marriott was generous, as they shunned me years ago. What do you folks think? Time to give Hyatt a chance?

For more context, have about 30 HH stays and 55 IHG nights for the year. Enough to requalify for HH Diamond this year and IHG RA for next year (though likely need 5-10 more nights by next March at IHG).

Which challenge is better? Seems like Marriott is better, but long term maybe Hyatt a better choice as a third program?

I have a 2 night stay coming up, with no Marriott properties, so maybe a good way to get 2 nights out of the way. Thoughts?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Emailed Hyatt/Marriott for status match/challenges as I am looking away from HH and PC.

Hyatt offered me 12 days in 60 days for diamond til end of Feb 2014. Marriott offered me a challenge of 9 stays through Dec 31st for Plat til end of Feb 2014.

Surprised Marriott was generous, as they shunned me years ago. What do you folks think? Time to give Hyatt a chance?

For more context, have about 30 HH stays and 55 IHG nights for the year. Enough to requalify for HH Diamond this year and IHG RA for next year (though likely need 5-10 more nights by next March at IHG).

Which challenge is better? Seems like Marriott is better, but long term maybe Hyatt a better choice as a third program?

I have a 2 night stay coming up, with no Marriott properties, so maybe a good way to get 2 nights out of the way. Thoughts?
I like Hyatt Diamond better than Marriott Platinum, but the upside of Marriott is there are far more Marriott properties in far more places than there are Hyatt hotels.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I like Hyatt Diamond better than Marriott Platinum, but the upside of Marriott is there are far more Marriott properties in far more places than there are Hyatt hotels.
True on both points. Something I thought about. But I figured if this is going to be a potential third program (I don't see Hyatt taking my #1 stay place due to limited property), Hyatt might be a better fit.

On the other hand, if Marriott were to rock my socks off, it could become my #1 program.

Guess I'm a bit neutral, but more opportunistic that I can get 2 nights off the bat this week.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:44 pm

If I book a room through Amex FHR under their buy 3 nights get 1 night free promotion, will I get credit for four nights for purposes of the 12 night requirement?

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:47 pm
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Originally Posted by afraidofheights
If I book a room through Amex FHR under their buy 3 nights get 1 night free promotion, will I get credit for four nights for purposes of the 12 night requirement?

Thanks
In general the answer is NO just paid night are count but you may have luck
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:34 pm

When taking the Diamond challenge, do point stays count toward the 12 nights, or only paid stays?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by MikeR397
When taking the Diamond challenge, do point stays count toward the 12 nights, or only paid stays?
Only paid stays are supposed to count. I've had 1 of 6 award nights post as paid, but depends on random chance and human error.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:38 pm

If someone completes the challenge right now, their status is valid until Feb 2014. But will those people receive another (4) confirmed suite upgrade certs in Feb 2013? TIA ^
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
If someone completes the challenge right now, their status is valid until Feb 2014. But will those people receive another (4) confirmed suite upgrade certs in Feb 2013? TIA ^
I was told I would not get any Suite UG certs until I finished the challenge, but I got an email saying I have 4 UG certs until Feb 2013. What do you all think? Do I really have them? Can I check online?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:02 pm

Just checked, showing 4 suite UG's.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:52 am

Right. My question is if we get another set of (4) annual confirmed upgrade certs in Feb 2013?

I was told I would not get any Suite UG certs until I finished the challenge, but I got an email saying I have 4 UG certs until Feb 2013. What do you all think? Do I really have them? Can I check online?
Just checked, showing 4 suite UG's.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Right. My question is if we get another set of (4) annual confirmed upgrade certs in Feb 2013?
I believe the answer is yes. You should get 4 more in Feb 2013.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by amiras
I believe the answer is yes. You should get 4 more in Feb 2013.
Originally Posted by peteropny
To be more precise in march 2013.

Awesome. Thank you both for the answer! ^

Last edited by CodeAdam10; Oct 25, 2012 at 11:36 am
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:31 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Awesome. Thank you for the answer! ^
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
If I finish my challenge. It's gonna be close...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.