Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Not looking good for my stay in Oct.

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonvi...n-supreme.html
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
It gets worse. S and P is threatening to downgrade the country's credit rating based on what's happening at BahaMar.
http://www.thenassauguardian.com/news/57360

The AG also filed today for the government to get back the land from the developers.

Oh yeah, 75 murders in the Baha this year too. A mess.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Several calls into Hyatt, speaking to the a person who is suppose to know how to handle to guests in limbo. Her response was that she "could not confirm or deny" the "bankruptcy rumors" on "social media." They said they are investigating it. Wondering whether they are investigating whether they need to compensate us for our travel change/cancellation. Very frustrating.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Jay00848
Not looking good for my stay in Oct.

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonvi...n-supreme.html
Cancel and book somewhere else. Not worth the stress.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Grand Hyatt to open in the Bahamas

Do not cancel. Make alternative refundable arrangements.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thucanhho
Several calls into Hyatt, speaking to the a person who is suppose to know how to handle to guests in limbo. Her response was that she "could not confirm or deny" the "bankruptcy rumors" on "social media." They said they are investigating it. Wondering whether they are investigating whether they need to compensate us for our travel change/cancellation. Very frustrating.
They said rumors?! they're just stalling it seems... I guess we'll see if that 7/15 date mentioned earlier holds true.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Looks as though a deal is in the works with all parties involved.
http://bahamaspress.com/2015/07/07/d...hamas+Press%29

No way they meet the September 1st soft opening date. That place is still going to be a construction zone. They are in fact stalling which has been the status quo ever since the first delay. Why turn away guests if you don't have to.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:33 pm

They have an entire team dedicated to handling the property's reservations.I was on the phone yesterday with GP yesterday on some other issue for an upcoming Toronto stay and I enquired about the status of Baha mar.Was immediately connected to one of the agents handling this property and she confirmed that all stays through Sep 30th were currently being cancelled and guests otherwise accommodated or compensated.Reservations from Oct onwards would be evaluated next but she admitted frankly that the outlook was definitely not good.The lady also advised that anyone with a reservation should not cancel until contacted by Hyatt with options as otherwise they wouldn't be entitled to any compensation.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update from wsj.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paradise...mar-1436299541

Looks another update is not until after July 20th.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:12 am

I have a reservation in November which may or not work depending on progress.
I am a Hyatt Platinum member but booked this stay via expedia - just wondered if anyone knows whether the Hyatt compensation offer is for people exclusively booked through the Hyatt channel or whether they are compensating all guest irrespective of channel booked?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:49 am

Today could be interesting. http://www.nasdaq.com/article/us-emp...20150709-01011
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Just got a call about my stay in October and was told they are canceling and only compensation would be to reimburse my airline change fee, which is nothing since we used miles. Honestly thought they would have said here is 10k in hyatt points for having to spend time rebooking a new trip somewhere else.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jay00848
Just got a call about my stay in October and was told they are canceling and only compensation would be to reimburse my airline change fee, which is nothing since we used miles. Honestly thought they would have said here is 10k in hyatt points for having to spend time rebooking a new trip somewhere else.
Same here. First Ziva Los Cabos now Baha Mar. Luckily I hadn't booked flights yet for Baha. I did for Ziva though.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:02 pm

Same call here for October. No alternatives offered at all

Last edited by Trinob; Jul 10, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
earlier probably they were hoping baha mar will open soon and want the customers to come back so provided generous compensation...now it seems they do not care at all since no one knows when it will open

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.