Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
per someone at the hotel, no bookings at ANY Baha Mar hotel until September 1. Press Release to be out within the hour.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
!!!!!!!!! Boy oh boy. Making me very nervous about my August reservations.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Grand Hyatt to open in the Bahamas

Reservations not open now until oct. 1st.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:36 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed that my February 2016 ressie is safe.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I gave Hyatt a call and it sounds like they're still holding on to a June 16 opening. I'm guessing my late June reservation is likely a no-go and I just wish they'd put those of us with summer reservations out of our misery so we can start to figure out/lock in alternative vacation plans.
Old May 4, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
I agree. I sent Hyatt a facebook message this morning. By almost all accounts the real opening is now Sept/Oct. Why on earth would Hyatt not step up and be proactive. Why stick to a June 16 date that isn't going to happen? Or is there some plan you'll be sharing with those of us holding paid reservations a week before arrival? Walking folks to a lessor hotel on arrival is NOT a plan! What are you waiting for Hyatt?
Old May 4, 2015, 5:57 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

Thank you for your understanding as we continue to evaluate the opening date of the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. At this time, the hotel will be delaying their opening date until August 1, 2015. Guests with existing stays for arrival dates from June 16, 2015 through August 1, 2015 will be contacted by a dedicated team of representatives to discuss the options that are available.

If you have reservations prior to August 1, 2015 and would like immediate assistance, or have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-848-9496.

We truly appreciate your continued support and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Grand Hyatt to open in the Bahamas

From March 27th to August 1st and probably later. How did this happen?
Old May 4, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101
From March 27th to August 1st and probably later. How did this happen?
I believe the resort was originally supposed to open in December of 2014. I agree, August 1st is probably not going to happen either.

I joked about having a reservation for February 2016 and wondering if that reservation would be safe. I might not be laughing come next winter.
Old May 6, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AS
Our reservations are in mid September, but after this I'm guessing we'll have to change our plans. Anyone been to the HR in Aruba?
Old May 6, 2015, 5:11 pm

July 2015 Reservations at Grand Hyatt in the Bahamas

I just received an email from Hyatt to call regarding my reservation for July 2015. Like other posters said Grand Opening delayed until Oct. I have not made my decision as to which option I will take. (they offer you 3 options) My question to the person was why in the world does the website for this hotel still say taking reservations for June 16 and beyond? Something is up here Hyatt.

please explain why there is a conflict in what corporate Hyatt is saying and what the website for hyatt in the Bahamas is saying.

Concerned Member!!!
Old May 6, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
How can you be so far off on the opening date ... multiple times?
Old May 6, 2015, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
....At this time, the hotel will be delaying their opening date until August 1, 2015.......
Originally Posted by danimdanim
I just received an email from Hyatt to call regarding my reservation for July 2015. Like other posters said Grand Opening delayed until Oct......
Where did you get Oct opening date?
Old May 6, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
CS told me Opening August 1, but since have reservations through Sept, are only accepting reservations starting October 1.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by iherebyresign
How can you be so far off on the opening date ... multiple times?
Ever build a hotel in a place where schedules mean little?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.