Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: Not Worthy...
I read somewhere that you can get base points for up to three rooms on an eligible stay. I am unsure if that is entirely correct of course. But if it is, and you book 3 rooms with your GP# at $85 per room, how many base points would you earn?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 2:52 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by MMSB01
I read somewhere that you can get base points for up to three rooms on an eligible stay. I am unsure if that is entirely correct of course. But if it is, and you book 3 rooms with your GP# at $85 per room, how many base points would you earn?
Good Afternoon MMSB01,

You receive 5 points per eligible dollar. Hope this helps!

Have a great day!

Brock S.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:28 pm

Programs: Not Worthy...
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Afternoon MMSB01,

You receive 5 points per eligible dollar. Hope this helps!

Have a great day!

Brock S.
Would the total room rate of $255 for the three rooms be eligible though? Or would only one $85 room rate be considered eligible?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MMSB01
Would the total room rate of $255 for the three rooms be eligible though? Or would only one $85 room rate be considered eligible?
Total $255 should be eligible. However, you would only be entitled to 1 Gx bonus (if applicable) and 1 1W (Diamond amenity if you're Diamond) since this stay would only generate 1 stay credit / 1 night stay.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Status Match?

Does HGP status match other programs (such as SPG Platinum)? If so, how long is the match good for? I'm considering "switching sides", I'm platinum at SPG this year, and am about to earn it for next year as well. If I get a status match that's only good for the rest of the year, there's no way I would reach Diamond by year end, but if it's good until end 2011 I would certainly get there. Would there be a "best time of year" to request a match to obtain the longest match period? Should I wait until the end of this year to request?

Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:48 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by TCnSanDiegoCA
Does HGP status match other programs (such as SPG Platinum)? If so, how long is the match good for? I'm considering "switching sides", I'm platinum at SPG this year, and am about to earn it for next year as well. If I get a status match that's only good for the rest of the year, there's no way I would reach Diamond by year end, but if it's good until end 2011 I would certainly get there. Would there be a "best time of year" to request a match to obtain the longest match period? Should I wait until the end of this year to request?

Thanks!
Please consider using the search function next time; status matching is certainly not a new topic and has been discussed at length before. This thread may be more appropriate for your questions after you have read through it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baliktad
Please consider using the search function next time; status matching is certainly not a new topic and has been discussed at length before. This thread may be more appropriate for your questions after you have read through it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html

Yes - the master discussion thread is that one. However, I'd like to thank the OP for bringing this forward, I've now added this information to the FAQs at the beginning of this thread.

As always, if there is something that should be in the FAQs but isn't please call our attention to it.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes - the master discussion thread is that one. However, I'd like to thank the OP for bringing this forward, I've now added this information to the FAQs at the beginning of this thread.

As always, if there is something that should be in the FAQs but isn't please call our attention to it.
Thanks! (I used thread search instead of forum search, my bad.) Got all my questions answered!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:53 am

Bonus points for Tamaya?

I am hoping for some help with finding bonus points for a stay at the Tamaya August 7-14. We have booked two nights with points, 1 night Experience package, and Three for Free with our 4th night free. Pretty happy with the reservation but it is kind of bugging me that I can't find bonus points anywhere - not even a G bonus for this property. This will be our first stay with no bonus code such as del5k, the mastercard promo, etc. Does anyone have any tips for getting some extra points?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Newbie, DL,AA,VS,UA,VX,WN,CO (in a pinch)
Complex Question:

1) If I'm on an Award Stay, and have Food Charges, I understand I can get points for those charges, but if I request Airline Miles, will I get miles instead?

2) If I do get airline miles, and I select Southwest, will I get 1/2 SWA Credit for a $3 soda?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

No - you won't get miles on an award stay - airline miles will only work when the stay is "stay credit" eligible.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by peteropny
What benefits are offered to members?
Diamond – . . . welcome amenity (choice of food & beverage or 1,000 points at domestic GH & HR or 500 points at HP & SS - in "Hyatt Speak" known as 1W).
I'm at the Grand Hyatt in Melbourne now. On arriving in my room I was greeted with a bottle of red wine - but no food amenity. I was ready to make a polite note of it on the guest comment card but decided to check the HGP T&Cs first. I was startled to read:
7. . . . at Hyatt properties outside of North America and Park Hyatt hotels worldwide, a Food or Beverage amenity will be provided . . . [emphasis added]
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a recent change? I was of the impression that it was a food and beverage amenity. This has certainly be experience at other Hyatt properties outside the US and Canada this year.

(I'm aware that peteropny's post refers to domestic properties but I didn't see anywhere else in his first post that refers to non-domestic properties.)

Last edited by danger; Aug 9, 2010 at 1:47 am
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Room question

Hi Peter, love the thread.^ Maybe a complicated question below.

I reserved a room for myself and my friend with a suite upgrade confirmation. Right now I am not totally sure if I can make it. However, my friend will be occupying the room anyway.

I understand that if I do not show up she will not be able to get Diamond benefits (wifi, breakfast etc), so does that mean she will have to pay for the suite upgrade for my no show? Also, if she were to get downgraded to a regular room or pay for the upgrade, would the stay and points post on my account?

Thanks!!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:09 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by coterie
Hi Peter, love the thread.^ Maybe a complicated question below.

I reserved a room for myself and my friend with a suite upgrade confirmation. Right now I am not totally sure if I can make it. However, my friend will be occupying the room anyway.

I understand that if I do not show up she will not be able to get Diamond benefits (wifi, breakfast etc), so does that mean she will have to pay for the suite upgrade for my no show? Also, if she were to get downgraded to a regular room or pay for the upgrade, would the stay and points post on my account?

Thanks!!
Good afternoon coterie,

In order to use your Diamond Suite Upgrade you will have to be staying at the hotel since these awards are non-transferable. Also in order to get stay credit and points you would have to be the one staying. So if you were not able to stay unfortunately you wouldn't be able to get stay credit or apply your diamond suite upgrade.

Safe Travel,

Brock S.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good afternoon coterie,

In order to use your Diamond Suite Upgrade you will have to be staying at the hotel since these awards are non-transferable. Also in order to get stay credit and points you would have to be the one staying. So if you were not able to stay unfortunately you wouldn't be able to get stay credit or apply your diamond suite upgrade.

Safe Travel,

Brock S.
Thanks for the quick response Brock!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.