Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 5:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Why not just look it up yourself? Every night and room type could have different rates and availability anyway.
I don't have the link. Could someone please give it to me?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danishtraveller
I don't have the link. Could someone please give it to me?
The links are posted multiple times here and in the companion thread , and there's also a link on Randy Petersen's blog.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
I have booked the f&f rate three times in the past month. Two stays completed already were billed the day of check in. Stay for Rome in March billed immediately. First two stays were at Holiday Inns over holidays and neither asked for voucher.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:58 pm

Talking Mark Hopkins San Francisco

Just completed a stay at the Mark Hopkins in San Francisco using the Friends and Family rate.

I had booked a suite and what a wonderful suite it was! The best views one could ask for with the best service!

No issues at checking in and was not asked for the voucher!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA GS
[QUOTE=sc flier;11583449]However, these rates "do not qualify to earn Priority Club® Reward points."

I'm considering using this promotion for the first time and wanted to check that, even though F&F reservations don't earn points, that Ambassador status is still recognized. If I reserve at the F&F rate am I still eligible for a guaranteed upgrade as an Ambassador?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
[QUOTE=Tulane41;13213243]
Originally Posted by sc flier
However, these rates "do not qualify to earn Priority Club® Reward points."

I'm considering using this promotion for the first time and wanted to check that, even though F&F reservations don't earn points, that Ambassador status is still recognized. If I reserve at the F&F rate am I still eligible for a guaranteed upgrade as an Ambassador?

Thanks in advance!
I think it's best to contact the hotel and ask them about it. When I had booked at the Hanoi IC with F&F they did honor the Amb status and provide the upgraded room.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Tulane41

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you are. The only 'restriction' this rate has is that you do not earn points and the nights do not count as qualifying stays. I am speaking from multiple experiences by the way.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: Velocity Rewards (Virgin Australia) - Gold
Quick question, is it likely that some of the ICHG properties would not offer this F+F rate at all?

For example trying to get this rate at the Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport hotel, for multiple random dates, and none of them work, whereas the Holiday Inn Winnipeg Downtown hotel accepts the rate (however its location isnt appropriate for my stay).

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by fairdinkumbrad
Quick question, is it likely that some of the ICHG properties would not offer this F+F rate at all?

For example trying to get this rate at the Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport hotel, for multiple random dates, and none of them work, whereas the Holiday Inn Winnipeg Downtown hotel accepts the rate (however its location isnt appropriate for my stay).

Thanks.
I havent been able to get anything at HI Phuket
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
I havent been able to get anything at HI Phuket
Yes, that is not only possible, but it is actually the case. Some hotels only participate with a limited # of rooms and once they are full... Basta. Some other hotels only participate in slow periods.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Has anyone used the F&F rate recently? I used it in 2009 with no issues but wanted to know if people are still using it
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by fairdinkumbrad

Thanks.
This seems to be location specific, only offered at some.

Last edited by dmitriy1; Aug 4, 2010 at 4:44 pm
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Originally Posted by Robbo1
Has anyone used the F&F rate recently? I used it in 2009 with no issues but wanted to know if people are still using it
I made a F&F reservation a couple of weeks ago for the L.A. IC and booked one of their 1,200+ s.f. Luxury Suites for a great rate. ^
They show us as confirmed, but as of last check, we have not been charged yet. We will be staying there in about a week.

It is actually our first use of the ICG F&F rate, we have already enjoyed using the Fairmont one a couple of times.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Hi,
my brother is an IHG employee; we've used the employee rate multiple times when he was of course part of the travelling party. However many hotels didn't even bother to take a look at the voucher and/or employee ID. Did somebody here have ever tried to use the employee rate without taking an employee with you, and if yes, what did the hotel do? Thanks a lot,
Sebastian
Old Mar 14, 2010, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by sebblum
Hi,
my brother is an IHG employee; we've used the employee rate multiple times when he was of course part of the travelling party. However many hotels didn't even bother to take a look at the voucher and/or employee ID. Did somebody here have ever tried to use the employee rate without taking an employee with you, and if yes, what did the hotel do? Thanks a lot,
Sebastian
I work for IHG and your brother can get in a ton of trouble if a hotel requires verification for the rate. He could be fired for it...so I wouldn't risk it on his behalf. That is a stupid reason to be fired. They won't just take the rate form as proof of employment. You do not need an employee to use the friends and family rate and don't need the employee to be with you in order to use the code. Yes, you don't get PC points for using it, so weigh the pros and cons before you book. You just need to print out the reference form which is on our personal discount pages that our links are included with. It is a piece of cake and many friends and family members have used it without any issues. Although there was a deadline before, there no longer is. I will never give my family or friends my employee rate unless I am traveling. Since the rate is so cheap in most cases, you better bet that hotels will check up on it. Please don't risk your brother losing his job so you can get a better rate. You can get some pretty good deals with the Friends and Family rate. But, check the available rates first as if they are equal to that rate, but give you PC, it would be better to book that. I am all for getting PC points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.