Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
F&F Rate

Just returned from a F&F stay in San Antonio, TX near downtown. Property did not ask for any proof of the rate and the stay was without event other than the fact that the hotel was jammed with spring break travelers.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by fairdinkumbrad
Thanks for the replies guys...

We are arriving into Winnipeg at 11pm, taking a cab to the HI, going straight to bed, getting up at 10am and going to a friends house in the suburbs, so we wont be walking around at night. We will be sleeping off jetlag... It does look like a bit of a dump, but for $60 for a bed Im happy enough...
Let us know how your stay goes...I have heard that this hotel has major issues, maybe you can confirm that or set us straight.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:37 pm

Programs: Velocity Rewards (Virgin Australia) - Gold
Originally Posted by Puppenstein
Let us know how your stay goes...I have heard that this hotel has major issues, maybe you can confirm that or set us straight.
will happily do so...

however, it would have to be an EPIC fail for the hotel's issues to ruin my stay...

(Arrive, immediately sleep, awake, immediatley leave) With this being said, they could always lose my reservation lol

Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
will happily do so...

however, it would have to be an EPIC fail for the hotel's issues to ruin my stay...

(Arrive, immediately sleep, awake, immediatley leave) With this being said, they could always lose my reservation lol

or have the aircon stuck on too hot, too cold, too noisy, loud all-night party next door, room smelling of damp, cockroaches - etc etc

enjoy your trip ;-)
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: Velocity Rewards (Virgin Australia) - Gold
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
or have the aircon stuck on too hot, too cold, too noisy, loud all-night party next door, room smelling of damp, cockroaches - etc etc

enjoy your trip ;-)
haha thanks for that mate...

Mrs FDB is from winnipeg and is with me in Australia right now, and after watching her reactions when she sees the size of an aussie cockroach, I dont think I'm too concerned about Canadian ones... Im thinking a bear in the room would be an issue though!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Yep, fair enough - as a Brit living in Aus, I don't know that I'll ever get used to the roaches here, at least a bear is kind of cute and fluffy..
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: AA-1MM
Don't know....those Canadian cockroaches can be pretty scary
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:51 am

The rate is not available on all hotels.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
As pointed out by many, F&F rates on given nights change quite a bit over time. I was wondering if anyon had made sense on when they tend to be lowest? Early? Late? In between? As rates are pre-paid and non-refundable it would be nice to know! I have made used of the rate many times now - and like it a lot - but I'd like to 'perfect my technique'!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:24 pm

Still there!

Originally Posted by mexxem
The rate is not available on all hotels.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
As pointed out by many, F&F rates on given nights change quite a bit over time. I was wondering if anyon had made sense on when they tend to be lowest? Early? Late? In between? As rates are pre-paid and non-refundable it would be nice to know! I have made used of the rate many times now - and like it a lot - but I'd like to 'perfect my technique'!

I have noticed that the rates are directly linked to the revenue management strategy for the hotel. So, if weekends are busiest, the rate isn't usually available unless you book last minute and they have rooms to fill. My impression is that this rate is better to book late than early because sometimes the rates drop. But there is no one size fits all scenario. It is up to a hotel to offer it unlike the Employee Rate which must be offered if certain thresholds are met. My advice would be to book it at the same time you would get a good deal on an airline. I realize not all of us are daredevils with taking chances, but if there are many options for hotels, I would book last minute unless it is a busy time. Sometimes the best available rate is the same as the F&F rate and it allows you PC points...if that is the case, get the points. Sorry there is no rhyme or reason regarding availability.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:34 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by UAFlyer01
Still there!
How do you even check the rates? I tried the link on the first page, but got no where. TIA.

LAX
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
How do you even check the rates? I tried the link on the first page, but got no where. TIA.

LAX
LAX, Go back to #124 and use the link from Randy Peterson's blog. You can check the rates by going first to step 3 (Book your reservation now) and type in the specific info for your stay (e.g. country, city, dates, etc.). The F&F rate will be displayed. If you like it, then go back to step 1 and then 2 & 3 in that order to make your reservation.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:06 pm

will happily do so...

that would definitely qualify as an epic fail, hehe

Last edited by amberdel; Aug 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:24 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
LAX, Go back to #124 and use the link from Randy Peterson's blog. You can check the rates by going first to step 3 (Book your reservation now) and type in the specific info for your stay (e.g. country, city, dates, etc.). The F&F rate will be displayed. If you like it, then go back to step 1 and then 2 & 3 in that order to make your reservation.
Thanks!

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.