Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by camsean
Working again.

Plus 1 for the no probs with F&F rates. Also never been asked for the voucher.
Phew!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: AC*E50, PC Plat, SPG Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Everything is working well... Too bad there is no cancellation policy, difficult to book too far in advance...
Old Jul 3, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
just

got three nights at the end of august at the crowne plaza kuala lumpur for 50 dollars per night
Old Jul 3, 2010, 6:52 pm

SS Link Worked This Eve...

Best rate I had found w/o link: $89
Rate with link: $66.75
^ Every little bit helps ~ color me pleased!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Used F/F deal 4x and got on average 40 bucks off the lowest quote I usually get (CAA or Govt).
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Athens ICH asked for the voucher

My sister in law does not go on FT but I told her about it and she asked me to book it. I did and the hotel asked for the voucher. As I had read that nobody seemed to be asked for a voucher I did not print it out. SO, of course, th efront desk asks for it. They are in ATH and I am in the middle of Iceland so I couldn't be reached.

It turns out that as it was prepaid and she stalled the front desk by saying she would try to reach me they were never asked and checked out with no problem.

She said the front desk person at check in said they would charge her the full rate for the room if she did not produce the voucher.

Just FYI for all. I am using it in KRK so I will be sure to print the voucher.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Sounds annoying but lucky it was all ok in the end.

FWIW i haven't printed it out before, I tend to think that if there's a problem it shouldn't be too hard to get to a printer in the hotel and print a copy then and there, but your SIL probably wouldn't have known what to search for...

Originally Posted by cruisr
My sister in law does not go on FT but I told her about it and she asked me to book it. I did and the hotel asked for the voucher. As I had read that nobody seemed to be asked for a voucher I did not print it out. SO, of course, th efront desk asks for it. They are in ATH and I am in the middle of Iceland so I couldn't be reached.

It turns out that as it was prepaid and she stalled the front desk by saying she would try to reach me they were never asked and checked out with no problem.

She said the front desk person at check in said they would charge her the full rate for the room if she did not produce the voucher.

Just FYI for all. I am using it in KRK so I will be sure to print the voucher.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:42 pm

F&F

I recently used the F&F for Interncontinental in Budapest and they never questioned it nor did they ask me for a voucher. I am going to use it in Athens in the fall. I will definitely bring the voucher in case we are asked!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:43 pm

F&F

I recently used the F&F for Intercontinental in Budapest and they never questioned it nor did they ask me for a voucher. I am going to use it in Athens in the fall. I will definitely bring the voucher in case we are asked!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
I used it at the ICH Singapore and nobody asked for the voucher. I did print it out just in case, it only takes a second to do.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
No voucher for the prsidential suite in manila (2x)
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:42 am

Programs: IC RA
I always take a copy of the F&F voucher just in case, out of about 10 stays I have only been asked for it at the IC London, interestingly I have have used the rate there about 4 times and only been asked for the voucher once.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Not been asked for the Voucher at Crowne Plaza Zurich but I feel its better to have a printout for safety.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by sweets61250
I feel its better to have a printout for safety.
Well, sure, there's no reason not to bring the printout..
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by cupps
Just returned from a F&F stay in San Antonio, TX near downtown. Property did not ask for any proof of the rate and the stay was without event other than the fact that the hotel was jammed with spring break travelers.
Which Hotel was it? I'm trying to book a hotel on the riverwalk and it says F&F rate not allowed.

Last edited by Boostedtaco; Jul 12, 2010 at 3:33 pm Reason: is an idiot....refreshed browser and it worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.