IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Hi, thanks a lot. I'm very aware of all these points you mentioned, just wondered if that happens quite often.. Well, of course I won't risk my brother's job for the sake of a lower fare, and I know that the F&F rates are most of the times very nice, too . We haven't done that either, so no problem here. I'm not so much about getting PC points, so I'll be perfectly fine with the F&F rate.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:51 am
Suspended

Puppenstein - Unless I'm missing something here the F&F rate is openly available to all by using the very public link for Steve Sickel on Randy's Blog as noted previously.

As the employee doesn't need to be in the party - what do you mean by "They won't just take the rate form as proof of employment." and "I will never give my family or friends my employee rate unless I am traveling."

What are they going to do? Question you at check-in on your relationship to the employee?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tranmerechris
Puppenstein - Unless I'm missing something here the F&F rate is openly available to all by using the very public link for Steve Sickel on Randy's Blog as noted previously.

As the employee doesn't need to be in the party - what do you mean by "They won't just take the rate form as proof of employment." and "I will never give my family or friends my employee rate unless I am traveling."

What are they going to do? Question you at check-in on your relationship to the employee?
There's no problem with F&F. I believe the issue was with the Employee rate that sebblum was talking about.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:47 am
Suspended

Oh, I see. My mistake
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by sebblum
Hi, thanks a lot. I'm very aware of all these points you mentioned, just wondered if that happens quite often.. Well, of course I won't risk my brother's job for the sake of a lower fare, and I know that the F&F rates are most of the times very nice, too . We haven't done that either, so no problem here. I'm not so much about getting PC points, so I'll be perfectly fine with the F&F rate.
If you are a position to have him check in for you, it will give you a ton of piece of mind. I don't know how many people get fired for abusing their Employee Rate, but maybe your brother has connections in the different cities that you are traveling to. Perhaps those people could help you out. I have had hotels call my boss to make sure people on his team were authorized to stay before.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Puppenstein
I work for IHG and your brother can get in a ton of trouble if a hotel requires verification for the rate. He could be fired for it...so I wouldn't risk it on his behalf. That is a stupid reason to be fired. They won't just take the rate form as proof of employment. You do not need an employee to use the friends and family rate and don't need the employee to be with you in order to use the code. Yes, you don't get PC points for using it, so weigh the pros and cons before you book. You just need to print out the reference form which is on our personal discount pages that our links are included with. It is a piece of cake and many friends and family members have used it without any issues. Although there was a deadline before, there no longer is. I will never give my family or friends my employee rate unless I am traveling. Since the rate is so cheap in most cases, you better bet that hotels will check up on it. Please don't risk your brother losing his job so you can get a better rate. You can get some pretty good deals with the Friends and Family rate. But, check the available rates first as if they are equal to that rate, but give you PC, it would be better to book that. I am all for getting PC points!
Um, yea, stay safe, dont' get fired
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:36 pm

Programs: Velocity Rewards (Virgin Australia) - Gold
Just booked the Holiday Inn Winnipeg for about $60 with this deal. Thank you OP and others.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:50 am

I printed out the voucher, but it asks for the employees name. Whose name do I write ?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
I printed out the voucher, but it asks for the employees name. Whose name do I write ?
The name of the persons page that you went to. It should list it on the front screen after you click on the link. Hopefully!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by fairdinkumbrad
Just booked the Holiday Inn Winnipeg for about $60 with this deal. Thank you OP and others.
Which one? Airport West, South or Downtown?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Puppenstein
Which one? Airport West, South or Downtown?
Downtown... I wanted airport but they were heavily booked
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:58 am

fairdinkumbrad
Holiday Inn downtown in Winnipeg is not a great place to stay. During the day, it's okay but at night, it's in a really sketchy part of downtown. I myself wouldn't stay there if someone paid me $60. Be careful walking around at night.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by fairdinkumbrad
Downtown... I wanted airport but they were heavily booked
Perhaps you can try one of the others and see if anything opens up? They don't show their quality scores which is a bad sign. What about Winnipeg-South, they have relaunched.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: lost all status during pandemic...
Originally Posted by greatwhitenorth
fairdinkumbrad
Holiday Inn downtown in Winnipeg is not a great place to stay. During the day, it's okay but at night, it's in a really sketchy part of downtown. I myself wouldn't stay there if someone paid me $60. Be careful walking around at night.
+1.

I stayed here once (when the Greyhound station was attached) on one of my first ever visits to Winnipeg. BIG mistake.

I usually stay Winnipeg-South on Pembina & McGillivray. There are no spectacular IHG properties in Winnipeg but South is ok, especially for the rate you can usually get ~$120
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by calgary_jay
+1.

I stayed here once (when the Greyhound station was attached) on one of my first ever visits to Winnipeg. BIG mistake.

I usually stay Winnipeg-South on Pembina & McGillivray. There are no spectacular IHG properties in Winnipeg but South is ok, especially for the rate you can usually get ~$120
Thanks for the replies guys...

We are arriving into Winnipeg at 11pm, taking a cab to the HI, going straight to bed, getting up at 10am and going to a friends house in the suburbs, so we wont be walking around at night. We will be sleeping off jetlag... It does look like a bit of a dump, but for $60 for a bed Im happy enough...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.