IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 7:36 pm
HCA

Question about the Voucher, do some research but I did not see the anwser.
Do we really need one?
Or should I simple book online and walk in to one of their hotel and get a name for "IHG Employee"?

Please either PM me or reply.
Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HCA
Question about the Voucher, do some research but I did not see the anwser.
Do we really need one?
Or should I simple book online and walk in to one of their hotel and get a name for "IHG Employee"?

Please either PM me or reply.
Thanks.
Some hotels will ask for it. Some will not. However, it is trivial to print out the PDF from the booking website, so it's not a problem.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
Wink Don't worry.....................

Hello Flyer Talkers....

Since my F&F link was posted on this site, IHG has disabled my link. Wow. So they want me to promote our brand, provide me the link and then they disable it. Well, I did my part to try to earn business and revenue for IHG, I guess it was too much for them. lol

Anyways - Still send me a PM. It's not like I don't have IHG friends in the business . BUT PLEASE do not PUBLICLY display any other link on this site or those url's could become disabled too.

Randy
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by rmccamman
Since my F&F link was posted on this site, IHG has disabled my link.
Does this in any way effect the validity of any upcoming F&F rate stays made using your link?
Old Sep 27, 2009, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
nope.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: QF Gold
Thanks for all the savings thus far Randy
Old Sep 27, 2009, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure that the Steve Sickel (SVP, Marketing) and Cassandra Imfeld (Social Marketing Manager) links will remain active for the duration of the promo. The disabling of rmccamman's link probably has more to do with IHG not wanting to pay out the incentive than not wanting wide distribution.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I'm pretty sure that the Steve Sickel (SVP, Marketing) and Cassandra Imfeld (Social Marketing Manager) links will remain active for the duration of the promo. The disabling of rmccamman's link probably has more to do with IHG not wanting to pay out the incentive than not wanting wide distribution.
Most unfair. THanks again for all your help Randy!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by soitgoes
The incentive plan ended 4 months ago. Mine and a lot of people I know that there link posted on here, slickdeals etc have been removed. If the link stay's private (like only PM etc) then it's ok. It's when it gets publicly displayed and the public can view it (ie Facebook, you can't see my links unless you become my friend, where here anyone can see it) then it seems to become a issue.

I use my other friends FF link. There are a ton of them, and yes you can PM me.

You are welcome for anyone that I have helped and I am glad that you were able to save money and get a great deal.

Randy

p.s. - for those who are thankful, would you mind becoming a fan on our Hotel Facebook and follow us on twitter? You never know what I might post out there!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:55 pm

This is back (as per FW) and good for bookings made through Dec 31, for stays as far out as you can book them.

Sorry I won't link directly, as the post references a specific employee, and that seems to be off-limits in a public forum. The process worked well for me for a few nonrefundable bookings at IHG properties in the New Year.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjclancy
This is back
It never went away. It's been extended multiple times.
As for the link, there are multiple links that still work that are posted here in this thread.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
How can I find out if Royal Ambassador benefits apply to a specific hotel on the F&F promo? I'm looking to book a room at Bali IC, but only if RA applies.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by jgsx
How can I find out if Royal Ambassador benefits apply to a specific hotel on the F&F promo? I'm looking to book a room at Bali IC, but only if RA applies.
Start by reading the F&F thread in the Priority Club & IC Ambassador Forum

While some posters have reported receiving RA benefits at ICs (including the Bali IC), others have not. The recommendation is to contact the specific hotel directly for written confirmation.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:27 pm
YLW

Programs: AS AC AA SPG IHG Gold
Thanks again, Randy! We stayed two nights at Halifax Airport HI Express (coming and going). Great staff and a very convenient location. One stay posted as qualifying and the other didn't. No complaints here!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM (2.4) RCC, Turkish, Emirates,HH Silver,SPG
ICH Clement Monterey

Randy thanks as we enjoyed a wonderful weekend Sept 25-26 as the property is just beautiful ovelooking Monterey Bay and the Aquarium was a 5min walk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.