Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Updated Steve Sickel Link

Thats the link, look forward in the thread for more details. If you need any more information just PM me!

ETA: This is the (new) Steve S. Link. As of 7-15-10 it is functional.

Edited by Moderator
This link migh work as well: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...0608-_-EM10625

FLYGVA
Co-moderator IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Oct 30, 2012 at 2:18 pm Reason: Update to a working link (again)
Old Mar 1, 2009, 1:42 am

Hhhmmmmmmmmmm-mmmmm looks interesting!

Just checked a few sample rates and some of them look pretty OK.

It states on the leaflet that a IHG employee & location have to be completed.

How could we get around that? - Are they really that interested? - Will they really check?

I think I could even live without the points if the rate worked out substantially better than a 2-4-1 / IKEX2 etc.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Looks to be ~30% off of "best available". For better or worse, I have no travel until late April and have a feeling that the deal could be pulled by then, hopefully wrong.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:01 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
From the link provided by OT:

Please note: Friends and Family rates are non-refundable and do not qualify for Priority Club points.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:00 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Does anybody know, if RA status benefits do apply for those stays?
Being upgraded on those room-rates would be GREAT ^
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by lemieux66
Does anybody know, if RA status benefits do apply for those stays?
Being upgraded on those room-rates would be GREAT ^
I agree the IC London seems to have good rates too on this rate so RA upgrades/benefits would be good.

I wonder if you could use your BOGO as well.

I wonder if they are really that bothered from where the referral originates - I'm sure most Friends & Family promos are just a marketing ploy to generate incremental business.
There is certainly no unique reference code on the voucher that you have to print.

If employee stated gets some sort of recognition / reward etc - I'm happy to use those details - sounds like a Win/Win to me.

Last edited by SamsoniteBoy; Mar 1, 2009 at 4:38 am
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:40 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by SamsoniteBoy
I agree the IC London seems to have good rates too on this rate so RA upgrades/benefits would be good.

I wonder if they are really that bothered from where the referral originates - I'm sure most Friends & Family promos are just a marketing ploy to generate incremental business.
There is certainly no unique reference code on the voucher that you have to print.

If employee stated gets some sort of recognition / reward etc - I'm happy to use those details - sounds like a Win/Win to me.
I have used the Friends and Family Rate a few times at IC Park Lane, you do get the points for the stay and you can use a BOGOF.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
I have used the Friends and Family Rate a few times at IC Park Lane, you do get the points for the stay and you can use a BOGOF.
Yeah!!
I'm liking it even more!

Did you get your RA upgrade & other benefits?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by SamsoniteBoy

Oh and as RA ive had full minibar all other RA privileges including upgrade.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Looks to be ~30% off of "best available"..
The ones I've checked work out at -40% which is even better!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Hi NAWATWAL,

do I get this rigth or is this a pre-1-April joke?

The family rate goes in hand with points, qualifying nights and all benefits as RA ???
This would be to good to be true
Old Mar 1, 2009, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
It's great that you received this, but I think anyone booking through this offer should remember that the website is very clear about points not being awarded on this rate, so only use it if the points are less important to you than the price.

Using the BOGOF is debatable under the T&Cs - it specifically says they are not valid with 'employee rates', so not sure you would have much of an argument if a particular hotel didn't want to honour it.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by ag51
It's great that you received this, but I think anyone booking through this offer should remember that the website is very clear about points not being awarded on this rate, so only use it if the points are less important to you than the price.

Using the BOGOF is debatable under the T&Cs - it specifically says they are not valid with 'employee rates', so not sure you would have much of an argument if a particular hotel didn't want to honour it.
Pt taken! If u do 2 nites, then do one as a paid so that u don't miss out 100%. W/ the other, u can see clearly what ur chances r. Either way, u can't lose.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:24 am

valid as qualifying nights ???

Ok, so we shouldnt count on the points.
What about the "qualifying nights"?
Are those family & friend stays count towards the status relevant nights?

Could make quite a difference talking about the money or the status night, if you book a 1 or 2 week promotion at an IC property.

What do you think ???
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:47 am

For these rates, I can live without the points. The RA benefits would be the question though..I mean, if you still got upgrades, etc....it would be a steal IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.