Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:34 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
Like for IC consecutive nights stays, I always got my way to receive every point for every nights that I stayed.
By booking each night seperately? Or what is your trick here?

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Mar 15, 2009, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Sorry to be absent from the board for so long but I went on a short notice vacation last week. From what I understand the links I posted are not working. Other links have been posted and seem to be good to go. I have calls in to most of my friends in the hotels, but as of right now I dont know exactly what is going on. Sorry this has turned into such a mess but as soon as I get more info I will post it here. Also I have tried to reurn all of the PMs that had a specific question that werent already answered on this thread.

Thanks

-Wonderbret
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by wonderbret
From what I understand the links I posted are not working
Both Jill's and Cassandra's links work fine for me.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by wonderbret
Sorry to be absent from the board for so long but I went on a short notice vacation last week. From what I understand the links I posted are not working. Other links have been posted and seem to be good to go. I have calls in to most of my friends in the hotels, but as of right now I dont know exactly what is going on. Sorry this has turned into such a mess but as soon as I get more info I will post it here. Also I have tried to reurn all of the PMs that had a specific question that werent already answered on this thread.

Thanks

-Wonderbret
Cassandra works for me too, got 25% discount on IC Manila. Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
I found out that the links posted by IGoogledU and blu816305 result in different rates, with the latter often up to 20% higher!

These seem to be different schemes, and it makes me wonder whether you can use the vouchers and employee names irrespective of which rate you are actually booking.....
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Points/Qualifying Stay Rec'd

Just to follow up from my earlier posts: my stay using the F&F rate posted, I got a qualifying night and points just like any other stay. YMMV, of course, but this is what I sort of suspected would happen. ^
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Just to follow up from my earlier posts: my stay using the F&F rate posted, I got a qualifying night and points just like any other stay. YMMV, of course, but this is what I sort of suspected would happen. ^
That is excellent!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:18 pm

It seems that the discount varies.
Just checked the IC Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates.
Regular room is 449 AED, discounted rate is 280.
The royal villa normally is 950 and with the family and friends website 2187 AED.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
This is a different link (and different prices, some higher and some lower) than the other IC F&F link (which has been around for ever) which offers fully refundable rates but does seem to be more closely controlled by ICG.
Might you be willing to share the link that allows for discounted, refundable, bookings?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by johnep1
Might you be willing to share the link that allows for discounted, refundable, bookings?
No, because that is a strictly monitored link whereby you need to give detailed personal info about the employee who gave it to you.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The link I have been circulating is now not working, apparently, because there is a maximum number of bookings that can be made per employee and that link has hit its target.

I have a replacement link (same rates as befpre, still non-refundable, still theoretically no points) so please drop me a PM if you want it. I think you'll also need this if I sent you the previous one but you've not yet booked. Replies will only come during UK daytime!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:01 pm

This thread really bothers me. This discount is one of the few perks that is open to the loved ones of the hard-working men and women who try so hard to keep you happy during your travels. Most posters on this board are extremely savvy travelers who really know how to play the game to get the best rates, deals, promos, etc. Exploiting this benefit for your own gain is just going to make things that much harder for hotel staff's friends and family and it really devalues it for all of us.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:18 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Priority Clubber Lang
... Exploiting this benefit for your own gain is just going to make things that much harder for hotel staff's friends and family and it really devalues it for all of us.
Lang, it's been noted in this thread before, but perhaps you missed it...

These codes are provided by senior IHG marketing personnel (in the invitation-only Communispace forum) with explicit notes that we are free (even encouraged!) to share these codes with colleagues/friends/family.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Priority Clubber Lang
This thread really bothers me. This discount is one of the few perks that is open to the loved ones of the hard-working men and women who try so hard to keep you happy during your travels.
I didn't realize this was a zero-sum game.

Senior employees at IHG have, for whatever reason, decided to make this promotion available to a wide swath of people. One of the employees who has made her link public is a senior marketing employee--Social Marketing Manager. Another is Steve Sickel, VP, Loyalty Marketing. http://ihgfriendsandfamily.com/stevesickel

It is my understanding that the semi-public version of this F&F offer is temporary and is a means to increase prepaid bookings for up to a one year timeframe.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
I didn't realize this was a zero-sum game.

Senior employees at IHG have, for whatever reason, decided to make this promotion available to a wide swath of people. One of the employees who has made her link public is a senior marketing employee--Social Marketing Manager. Another is Steve Sickel, VP, Loyalty Marketing. http://ihgfriendsandfamily.com/stevesickel

It is my understanding that the semi-public version of this F&F offer is temporary and is a means to increase prepaid bookings for up to a one year timeframe.
Definitely a marketing approach to make you commit as far out as possible, so the hotels can have some revenues already guaranteed. This is purposedly done to generate uncancellable bookings in the tough economy environment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.