Hotel Mistake Deals - Best Practices

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Mistake Deals - Best Practices

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Well. I have never stumbled across a mistake fare (as far as I know) until now. It's a pay at hotel situation in Bali. The going rate is about 6,000,000 IDR, but the room rate charged was 500. So like $.04 per night. I paid the deposit of first night's stay. My confirmation email is consistent with that. I'm assuming this is going to be a 100% no go, but dang if it works...
10 nights... that will be 40 cents sir... here is a dollar, keep the change
eisens likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:25 am

I got an email from booking.com stating that the price on my booking was erroneous. They didn't say they would cancel the reservationin the email just asked whether I accept it.

Last time I booked an error rate with booking.com for a Boston hotel the they also sent me an email right before my stay ( as in only a few days before) notifying me of a price error. I ignored it because frankly it was sent way too late. When I arrived at the hotel, my reservation was fine, but on checkout they wanted to charge me more. I argued with them and showed them the confirmation emails ( the hotel itself never communicated, just booking.com). In the end, I was charged exactly what I had booked.

So I think in the present case I'm okay to ignore the email from booking.com... The price increase isn't that much, $150 total price increase for the reservation. But I'd like to pay the original price.. I figure if the hotel decides to charge me more I'll show them the emails I have with the rates ( which I have from booking.com and the hotel itself). If the hotel actually attempted to contact me via phone call or email, I would be more reactive...
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Well. I have never stumbled across a mistake fare (as far as I know) until now. It's a pay at hotel situation in Bali. The going rate is about 6,000,000 IDR, but the room rate charged was 500. So like $.04 per night. I paid the deposit of first night's stay. My confirmation email is consistent with that. I'm assuming this is going to be a 100% no go, but dang if it works...
i presume this wasn't honoured? ... or was it????
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:17 pm

I recently booked a $0.00 rate for 2 nights.

I'm part of a group with a block of rooms, when I went to book the large suite was only available for 2 nights of the longer group window, and the price was $0. I booked it.

Booking was made directly on the hotel group page. I even called the front desk of the hotel to confirm the reservation made it from the group to the hotel. Desk agent found my confirmation number and confirmed my loyalty number was on the reservation. What are the odds the hotel will honor it?

It's in a ski area, so all the hotels around (and this one) are non-refundable within 2 weeks, so a backup reservation is difficult.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by oshelef
I recently booked a $0.00 rate for 2 nights.

I'm part of a group with a block of rooms, when I went to book the large suite was only available for 2 nights of the longer group window, and the price was $0. I booked it.

Booking was made directly on the hotel group page. I even called the front desk of the hotel to confirm the reservation made it from the group to the hotel. Desk agent found my confirmation number and confirmed my loyalty number was on the reservation. What are the odds the hotel will honor it?

It's in a ski area, so all the hotels around (and this one) are non-refundable within 2 weeks, so a backup reservation is difficult.
it isn't a mathematical calculation, but the odds of a zero dollar rate being honored are low. You don't have a good argument that it wasn't obviously a mistake. It also would reflect badly on your group I think.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:52 pm

I found this status match page on extreme to be interesting
dhammer53 and YoungBubbie like this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by JumboJet
I found this status match page on extreme to be interesting
What does that have to do with mistake rate best practices?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:05 am

Umm nothing and please excuse me for posting something that I thought maybe of interest to the people here. I don't like getting the thread police involved in my postings so I will withdraw it if its really bothering you detective.
armouredant and 0nFire like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by JumboJet
Umm nothing and please excuse me for posting something that I thought maybe of interest to the people here. I don't like getting the thread police involved in my postings so I will withdraw it if its really bothering you detective.
I perhaps thought there was something on the lengthy page you linked to I missed. Have a blessed day.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:31 pm

Cancelled

Hi everyone! I booked an all inclusive resort in Cancun for 5 nights this morning and it got cancelled 12 hours later. It was paid by Visa through Paypal.
Rate was $15.00 per night for a total of $75.00.
Their email only says that they are sorry I cancelled my reservation and they would like to know why.
the cancelation was not initiated by me. Is this game over?
I would appreciate if someone could advice!
cheers
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by cristiano_santos
Hi everyone! I booked an all inclusive resort in Cancun for 5 nights this morning and it got cancelled 12 hours later. It was paid by Visa through Paypal.
Rate was $15.00 per night for a total of $75.00.
Their email only says that they are sorry I cancelled my reservation and they would like to know why.
the cancelation was not initiated by me. Is this game over?
I would appreciate if someone could advice!
cheers
Did you contact the hotel? What did they say?
Often1 and Adam1222 like this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
How would anyone here know?

Until you call the property -- best during business hours -- you won't know.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:00 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Anyone do the EHD Dijon F1 deal?
Is it canceled? Will they charge the room rate in addition to the bft? Will I be protected by the EU regulation?
I received an unclear email from a staff claiming that bft not room rate was charged but reservations still intact online.
Anyone else in this situation?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stevietommo
i presume this wasn't honoured? ... or was it????
Never saw this. The rez was cancelled by the hotel a few days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.