Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by hopeful_me
That's actually a simpler explanation than my substitution of UAH for EUR theory
A simpler, but probably a wrong one. The hotel has several kinds of rooms with different rates (e.g. standard room - 150 EUR, executive room - 250 EUR, suite - 420 EUR, presidential suite - 1000 EUR). Can't beleive that a zero was omitted while entering each of them.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Temedar
A simpler, but probably a wrong one. The hotel has several kinds of rooms with different rates (e.g. standard room - 150 EUR, executive room - 250 EUR, suite - 420 EUR, presidential suite - 1000 EUR). Can't beleive that a zero was omitted while entering each of them.
Yep...So the currency theory may still stand.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
prices were loaded in hryvnia instead of euro
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
doesn't matter, bookings will be canceled the non-flexible rates will become flexible
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
doesn't matter, bookings will be canceled the non-flexible rates will become flexible
Obviously you have a crystal ball, next time I will definitely ask you!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iggyray
Obviously you have a crystal ball, next time I will definitely ask you!
No crystal ball but I know the head manager from Anagonda Bangkok and he told me they will discuss the issue next week. Needless to say that he will honor my own booking, because it is only for three nights
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
No crystal ball but I know the head manager from Anagonda Bangkok and he told me they will discuss the issue next week. Needless to say that he will honor my own booking, because it is only for three nights
I'll go and buy some pop-corn in the meantime, as I wanna see them cancelling this for someone who also booked non-ref tickets based on the price offered
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by iggyray
I'll go and buy some pop-corn in the meantime, as I wanna see them cancelling this for someone who also booked non-ref tickets based on the price offered
They still may cancel even then, IMO. They may offer a substitute hotel -- though not of Hilton's kind -- for the same price if you prove you have non-ref tickets.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:37 am
Suspended

They still may cancel even then, IMO. They may offer a substitute hotel -- though not of Hilton's kind -- for the same price if you prove you have non-ref tickets.
Oh, absolutely, the pop corn makes the wrong price not any better
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:30 am

they did offer alternative hotel to somebody who called agoda as reported on the origin forum for this deal
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by samismo
they did offer alternative hotel to somebody who called agoda as reported on the origin forum for this deal

I doubt that such information was given to any member. I spoke today with the Anagonda manager who is in charge of the European bookings and he confirmed that no such promises were given. They will discuss the matter in the beginning of this coming week. Let's keep the fingers crossed that my presidential suite booking will be honored. It would be a honor for the hotel to have me as a valued guest
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Is this a good price? It is Kiev, after all. A 3rd world country and with unrests!
Exactly, it is like going to... well a lot of other countries!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by RobbyBobby
Exactly, it is like going to... well a lot of other countries!
In what country will you get a double room at Hilton for 25 EUR? (Not to mention a presidential suite for 65 EUR.) Don't be naive.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:50 pm
Suspended

In what country will you get a double room at Hilton for 25 EUR? (Not to mention a presidential suite for 65 EUR.) Don't be naive.
Guys, listen to the question this gentleman asked and give a honest answer! In NO country in the whole world!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
One of the cheapest in Europe is Hilton Warsaw City starting at about 40 EUR / night incl. tax (in 2013). Hampton Warsaw Airport is even cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.