Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by whimike
Unprecedented?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...over-xmas.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...t-26-10-a.html

It also isn't uncommon for a new hotel to have some rooms at incredibly low promotional opening rates.

So, so, what you are not all saying.... Promotional rates of 65 EUR for the presidential suite in a five star hotel.... You don't even believe yourself such silly things!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:01 pm

TallestHotelInJapan, please kindly update us, if you learn anything new. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hopeful_me
TallestHotelInJapan, please kindly update us, if you learn anything new. Thanks!
I will. At Anagonda they already forwarded the case to the person in charge for European hotels. That guy did not work today, so he will be in office tomorrow. My guess is that they will have a decision by the end of this week/beginning of next week. Let's have the fingers crossed that they will keep my own booking, one of your bookings and one of the OP bookings.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I will. At Anagonda they already forwarded the case to the person in charge for European hotels. That guy did not work today, so he will be in office tomorrow. My guess is that they will have a decision by the end of this week/beginning of next week. Let's have the fingers crossed that they will keep my own booking, one of your bookings and one of the OP bookings.
Adore your sense of humor!^
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by hopeful_me
Including the presidential suite? For any day for the entire year?
I was responding to your post about the standard room. I am not saying this isn't an error rate, just saying cheap prices are not unprecedented.

Of course, a presidential suite at that price is unprecedented, but I was responding to the specifics of your prior post, which was about standard rooms.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by cfischer
You are mistaken (see also other response below). Maybe you want to educate yourself a bit more before spreading such information here. You are correct on points and stay credit, but you are completely incorrect on benis such as upgrades, breakfast and lounge access. I have myself ALWAYS gotten benis on 3rd party stays (yes, you need to ask and best is to have your HH# attached). HH is very clear on this and it has been discussed at nauseam in the HH forum.
Well, I did go to educate myself, and I found out that you get elite benefits on "stays" and the definition of "stay" specifically excludes third-party bookings, irrespective of rates paid.

Also, the consensus on the most recent FT threads in the Hilton forum seems to be that you are absolutely not entitled to benefits on third party stays, but sometimes people get lucky and get them:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...d-party-2.html

My personal experience is that the hotel front desk clerks say that there is not even a field for them to enter an Hhonors number into a third-party booking, so there is no way to grant benefits, unless the individual hotel chooses to eat the costs. If you are able to find a back-door way to get your HHonors number added to a third-party booking, you may be more likely to get benefits, but you are certainly not entitled or guaranteed them by the program rules.

As for spreading disinformation, can you please cite your evidence or proof (other than personal anecdotal experience) that the poster is 'completely incorrect'? because everything I see points to him being absolutely correct.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:21 pm
Suspended

I respectfully inform you that you did not properly self-educate you.

Again: 3rd party bookings will give you the gold or diamond benefits but not points and not stay credits.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I respectfully inform you that you did not properly self-educate you.

Again: 3rd party bookings will give you the gold or diamond benefits but not points and not stay credits.
I asked hhonors, and they confirmed that you are wrong. Also it's AGODA not Anagonda, unless you are joking of course...

this is email i got from hhonors:

Date: 5 January 2014 14:15
Subject: Re: third party booking (KMM4442011V84509L0KM)

Dear Mr. [],

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

For ineligible stays your HHonors status would not apply and any member benefits extended would be at the discretion of the individual properties. Ineligible stays do not count towards member tier status.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html.

Best regards,

John H.
Email Coordinator
Customer Care Email Department
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
www.hiltonworldwide.com
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:14 pm
Suspended

maybe there is a new rule in place?

see also this flyertalk evengelistus's text - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19781948-post28.html

i was never denied my diamond benefits with a 3rd party bookings

ps: yes, of course I know that "Anangonda" is not the correct spelling
Old Jan 8, 2014, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Well, I did go to educate myself, and I found out that you get elite benefits on "stays" and the definition of "stay" specifically excludes third-party bookings, irrespective of rates paid.

Also, the consensus on the most recent FT threads in the Hilton forum seems to be that you are absolutely not entitled to benefits on third party stays, but sometimes people get lucky and get them:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...d-party-2.html

My personal experience is that the hotel front desk clerks say that there is not even a field for them to enter an Hhonors number into a third-party booking, so there is no way to grant benefits, unless the individual hotel chooses to eat the costs. If you are able to find a back-door way to get your HHonors number added to a third-party booking, you may be more likely to get benefits, but you are certainly not entitled or guaranteed them by the program rules.

As for spreading disinformation, can you please cite your evidence or proof (other than personal anecdotal experience) that the poster is 'completely incorrect'? because everything I see points to him being absolutely correct.
Please post a link where it is stated that 3rd party (non-opaque) bookings are not giving benefits. They earn no points and stay credit and miles and anything related to that, however, I have not ever seen language (nor experienced) that would state 'no benis associated with status'. There is a very recent revision (Dec. 11, 2013) on the T&C but once again they define stay for the purpose of earning points (and herein explicitely only mention no points from MyWay benefits (however no mention of other benis)). The listing of benefits nowhere (that I can find) excludes 3rd party (non opaque) bookings, unless I am not reading this correctly and unless I have a 100% sucess rate in getting benis I am not entitled to.
I'd love to learn more and please post where there T&C state 'no on property benis unless booked on hilton.com'.

Last edited by cfischer; Jan 8, 2014 at 6:01 pm
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by juice99
I asked hhonors, and they confirmed that you are wrong. Also it's AGODA not Anagonda, unless you are joking of course...

Dear Mr. [],

For ineligible stays your HHonors status would not apply and any member benefits extended would be at the discretion of the individual properties. Ineligible stays do not count towards member tier status.
Best regards,

John H.
Email Coordinator
www.hiltonworldwide.com
Thanks juice99 and janetdoe seems like you were smart enough to pay attention to my previous post. ^ I'm HHonors Diamond (from stays, not as a benefit of a credit card) since a very long time, and usually know what I'm posting here.

And no, it's not a new rule. Has been like that since at least 1998
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cfischer
Please post a link where it is stated that 3rd party (non-opaque) bookings are not giving benefits. ...

I'd love to learn more and please post where there T&C state 'no on property benis unless booked on hilton.com'.

Me too, I would also like to see the website which states such a rule.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:44 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by juice99

Dear Mr. [],

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html.

Best regards,

John H.
Email Coordinator
www.hiltonworldwide.com
From what i have experienced being Hilton Gold and from what i have read from my fellow FT's,it has always been Hit n' miss for third party bookings,mainly depending on the Hotel's discretion in the end
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
From what i have experienced being Hilton Gold and from what i have read from my fellow FT's,it has always been Hit n' miss for third party bookings,mainly depending on the Hotel's discretion in the end
I agree. Free breakfast and free Internet was never a question as a gold member. I received several upgrades too, but booking via hilton.com may result more upgrades - as for third party bookings upgrades are based on check in inventory and on the decision of the check in staff.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: available
Cancellation

here we go... I got the first cancellation for an Executive room in beginning of April. Another booking with Presidential Suite is still active, but its just a matter of time I guess...
Amount was immediately refunded to my Paypal Account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.