Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by tonaight
here we go... I got the first cancellation for an Executive room in beginning of April. Another booking with Presidential Suite is still active, but its just a matter of time I guess...
Amount was immediately refunded to my Paypal Account.
My (many) bookings are still active, though this might change any time, I guess. My strategy was to book the cheapest available room category to minimize the chance of cancellation, but we will see.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:12 am

My booking for a twin room with breakfast just got cancelled by Agoda
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:19 am

My king room just got cancelled.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:27 am

Got my first cancellation email, though haven't had my hopes up high anyway. Interestingly, the booking that has been cancelled (according to the email) still appears completely intact on agoda.com.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: UA-1K, Aegean-Gold, TK-Elite, Accor-Platinum, SPG-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Club Carlson-Gold,AMEX-Platinum
Thumbs down

Got mine for the Presidential Suite... Oh well... it was worth a try... Thanks OP!

Dear Valued Customer

This booking has been CANCELED due to an error in the rates provided to us by Hilton. As such Hilton will not accept this booking.

For further details please refer to the agoda terms of use – “In rare cases, we may also have to cancel or reject a booking due to “obvious errors”, independent of the origin of such errors. For clarity, an obvious error is a mistake on the Site (e.g. in terms of price) which a reasonable person would not consider to be normal. The amount charged will be reimbursed without charge in such case. Whether to cancel or reject a booking for this reason is in Agoda’s sole discretion.”

We apologize for the inconvenience. Should you wish to contact Hilton directly they can be reached on 380-44-3935400.

Regards,

Agoda Customer Support
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:38 am

Well, same here obviously. Good to at least know that I am not a reasonable person, according to Agoda. Why again was the Hilton called earlier on by the way?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG,Hilton HHonors, QFF
Same - booking cancelled. Aww. Interesting to see how long it'll take for agoda to reimburse us...
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:46 am

My Presidential Suite booking for July just got cancelled by Agoda.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:01 am

Also just received a cancellation email after 7 days of booking.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Also got cancelled
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:17 am

See them in court.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: FB Silver. Some hotel programs. More interested in cheap travel than points accrual.
Also got cancelled.
3-night executive room without breakfast.

Still think that the price I paid was not that far from the 'up to 75% discount' from the ads.
Also think that 'obvious mistakes' should be cancelled early, not late. Because of the obviousness.

Anyway. Nice try, better luck next time.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:02 am

Well for a fact,it always seemed like this would be the way going forward.One cant expect Hilton presidential suite to go for 70$ or so,more so in Kiev. TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Also got the cancellation email. Good luck to anyone going to the court - a week is a bit too much for dealing with an "obvious mistake".
The email is rather funny:

Dear Temedar,

With reference to your booking ******** at the Hilton Kyiv Hotel from May **, 2014 to May **, 2014:

Cancellation Policy: This booking is Non-Refundable and cannot be amended or modified. Failure to arrive at your hotel will be treated as a No-Show and no refund will be given (Hotel policy).
Original Charge on January 2, 2014: USD **.**
Final Charge: USD 0.00
Refund to Credit Card: USD **.**
Refund to Rewards Account: 0 Points

Last edited by Temedar; Jan 9, 2014 at 9:00 am Reason: Added e-mail text
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iggyray
Some birds are twitting the following.

If the booking is made from an American web-site, by law they are required to honor the rate. Either agoda, or hilton - it does not matter to the end consumer. To aggravate things more - the rates are non-ref, and this should work both ways. Imagine you made a mistake and booked a non-ref rate. Good luck cancelling that one.
I'd like to see the legal authority for that conclusion.

Particularly where the rate is objectively patently erroneous, as it is here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.