Search

Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by iggyray
Some birds are twitting the following.

If the booking is made from an American web-site, by law they are required to honor the rate. Either agoda, or hilton - it does not matter to the end consumer. To aggravate things more - the rates are non-ref, and this should work both ways. Imagine you made a mistake and booked a non-ref rate. Good luck cancelling that one.
Aha, sure
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by servus
Sorry, that's no b.s.! I've spent quite a couple of nights at Hiltons all over the world, so I now the HHonors programm and the ways to twist it in one or the other direction. In the earlier years I also booked through Expedia etc. NO perks where given, no stay, no points. Also happened last year to a friend of ine when we stayed at a Hilton in London. As he booked at the last minute, rates at Hilton.com were pretty high, so he used booking.com and as a Gold he got no upgrade, no bkfst, no nothing. Even the trick asking to add the HHonors number to the reservation so he might get points for the incidentals did not work. However, also had a stay in WAW booked on a thrid party site where I received all benis, but WAW was one of the best Hiltons in Europe.
You are mistaken (see also other response below). Maybe you want to educate yourself a bit more before spreading such information here. You are correct on points and stay credit, but you are completely incorrect on benis such as upgrades, breakfast and lounge access. I have myself ALWAYS gotten benis on 3rd party stays (yes, you need to ask and best is to have your HH# attached). HH is very clear on this and it has been discussed at nauseam in the HH forum.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Oh, yeah, let's start another holywar
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by iggyray
Oh, yeah, let's start another holywar
How much time does it take for the first "I will sue them"?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
How much time does it take for the first "I will sue them"?
No cancellations thus far, so who knows -- suing may be unnecessary in the end.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Don't worry of the honor. My younger sister whose English is fine called to the Hilton reservation and they confirmed that the prepaid bookings will be good to go
For future reference, that is about the worst thing you can do.

First, it alerts the vendor to cancel the mistake price.

Second, the longer a mistake price is posted, the more likely it is to be honored.

Never, ever, EVER call.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
For future reference, that is about the worst thing you can do.

First, it alerts the vendor to cancel the mistake price.

Second, the longer a mistake price is posted, the more likely it is to be honored.

Never, ever, EVER call.

Your words are like to hold so. at gunpoint! Never, ever, EVER do this again!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The hotel does not open until april. Perhaps they haven't looked at their reservation log yet.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ekartash
The hotel does not open until april. Perhaps they haven't looked at their reservation log yet.
The hotel won't care about this fiasco. But Andonga will. And they will cancel the bookings
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by ekartash
It cannot be that the reservations are not monitored by someone at Hilton -- perhaps even by the same person that initially submitted rates in a wrong currency to Agoda. There is someone who is in charge of reservations.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
if they will honor it (I see no (legal) reason not to honor it), it was a good adversitment for that hotel. Noone of us would have probably recognized that there is a new hilton coming...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ventus2
if they will honor it (I see no (legal) reason not to honor it), it was a good adversitment for that hotel. Noone of us would have probably recognized that there is a new hilton coming...

Aha? If you believe that you can book a suite in the Hilton Kiev for 60 EUR you must be a fool or a child. Are you of the the two?

Here and here you speak like an expert and now, you want to play naïve?

Last edited by TallestHotelInJapan; Jan 4, 2014 at 9:22 am
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Aha? If you believe that you can book a suite in the Hilton Kiev for 60 EUR you must be a fool or a child. Are you of the the two?

Here and here you speak like an expert and now, you want to play naïve?

Relax guys let's just wait and see. While you wait, have a quick read through Agoda's Term and Conditions to find some legal reasons why they could actually cancel it. (http://www.agoda.com/info/agoda-term...bnrJtBkwUG0%3d... Control + F: Mistake so you don't have to go through it all)
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BobKop
Relax guys let's just wait and see. While you wait, have a quick read through Agoda's Term and Conditions to find some legal reasons why they could actually cancel it. (http://www.agoda.com/info/agoda-term...bnrJtBkwUG0%3d... Control + F: Mistake so you don't have to go through it all)
+1

Additionally, it was never Agondan's intention to sell the rooms with a 90 % discount. It is obvious that a zero was missing. And thus, there is no legally binding contract.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:10 am

+1
It is obvious that a zero was missing. .
Hmm.... That's actually a simpler explanation than my substitution of UAH for EUR theory -- both give approximately the same 90% discount, but (as is mostly the case in science) the less convoluted explanation is the more likely one. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.