Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I'd like to see the legal authority for that conclusion.

Particularly where the rate is objectively patently erroneous, as it is here.
Well, that, and Agoda is not based in the US.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
For reference IC Kiev was recently on the pointbreaks list, thus a 5 star going for the value of 35$ a night. Even got a junior suite with free minibar and lounge. So at least if you booked anything below pres suite, there is nothing too extreme with the rates.

Last edited by travelkid; Jan 10, 2014 at 8:18 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
The obvious error rate was not honored. Game over.
"Obvious error"? This is according to you.
Other people would say this is a promotional rate for advertising the great opening of a new hotel.
Нow many people had heard of Hilton Kiev before this story?

So it's not game over, it's the beginig of the game!
These big companies have to learn to respect their customers!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:19 am

If you dissatisfied about Hilton Kiev, you can say something here :

Hilton Facebook
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Extremely bad handling of the situation

I have to say one thing about Anagonda:

I only booked once only with them and I will continue to avoid them!

Why? They handled the error rate extremely bad. I would expect them to apologize and to send to each a small voucher (maybe in the amount of 50 - 100 USD for future hotel booking).
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:47 pm

Hilton's Facebook page is being flooded with posts lamenting the cancellation (the majority seem to be claiming to have already booked flights). Hilton's representative is suggesting to write to [email protected] "to further discuss the matter".

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 12, 2014 at 7:10 am Reason: removed remark that generated negative feedback from other members
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:38 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

A number of posts have been removed from this thread as they were off topic. Please stay on topic.

MileageAddict
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: A3*G, OW Sapphire, IHG Diamond Amb
I have written a post on facebook too now. They reacted quickly with a case number that I now used to email and complain about the way this mistake rate was handled & the lack of compensation.

Will report on results, if any.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:23 am
Suspended

I wrote via email to the address but they do not answer without a case number. This means that I need to open a Facebook account and leave my phone number there just for getting in contact with Hilton for a fault which was cause by Anagonda. Crazy.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:34 am

I wrote via email to the address but they do not answer without a case number. This means that I need to open a Facebook account and leave my phone number there just for getting in contact with Hilton for a fault which was cause by Anagonda. Crazy.
It may take time till they answer -- I don't think anyone, including some FTers here, got an answer. I don't think the case number matters -- several people on FB got a general suggestion to write to Hilton.comments, without a case number attached.

I did write to them myself, without posting a message on FB (I assume other people did too, as not everyone would be happy to make his/her identity public).
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:54 am
Suspended

Oh, ok, like don't want to be public for this but what I do not understand the compalint to Hilton, it must be to the snake
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:11 am

Oh, ok, like don't want to be public for this but what I do not understand the compalint to Hilton, it must be to the snake
But the "snake" told us in no uncertain terms that: (i) Hilton submitted the wrong rates; and (ii) Hilton would not accept bookings at these rates. So it stands to reason that Hilton should be held accountable for this, at least for people that incurred losses as a result of buying non-refundable flight tickets. The "snake" is off the hook, it seems, because of their error rate clause.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You don't need a file No. to write to Hilton at email-adr. stated above. You will get a reply sooner or later, incl. a file No. for future use.

I just received an answer to my email 2 days ago that Hilton is looking into this and will revert early next week.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I just received an answer to my email 2 days ago that Hilton is looking into this and will revert early next week.
Have just got the same reply. If the matter passes into Hilton's hands, there may be some chance for settlement. Historically, Hilton did honor mistake rates, or offered reasonable compensation.

Though, unfortunately for some, there may be little sympathy for those who opted for the presidential suite. Or will they be the real winners?

Last edited by hopeful_me; Jan 12, 2014 at 11:18 am
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:45 am

From Hilton FB email address case is forwarded to Agoda office and today we see answer from Agoda :

"Please be informed that we reserve the right not to accept customers or bookings (or in exceptional cases to cancel confirmed ones) at our discretion and for whatever (legal) reason without the need to justify such refusal. Typical reasons for rejecting a customer or booking include, but are not limited to: Hotel request, breach of the Terms of Use, trade or economic sanctions, embargoes, legal restrictions, (suspicions of) fraud or theft, suspected criminal activity, suspicious bookings, submission by customer of misleading or erroneous information, credit card problems, inappropriate behavior, threats, insults, refusal to supply information, practical obstacles, communication problems, obvious errors (see below), history, blacklisting by governments or international organizations (USA, EU, UN,…), etc. In case a booking is rejected or cancelled by Agoda and a payment has already been made, you will receive a refund of the total booking value.
In rare cases, we may also have to cancel or reject a booking due to “obvious errors”, independent of the origin of such errors. For clarity, an obvious error is a mistake on the Site (e.g. in terms of price) which a reasonable person would not consider to be normal. The amount charged will be reimbursed without charge in such case. Whether to cancel or reject a booking for this reason is in Agoda’s sole discretion.
Above content is Agoda Term of Use and it has been listed on Agoda website, you can easily view it under http://www.agoda.com/info/agoda_termsofuse.html
All customer when visiting our website or rendering our services, all customer must view and follow Agoda Term of Use which been listed under http://www.agoda.com/info/agoda_termsofuse.html , when you confirm to use our service to reserve a booking/room via Agoda website, you accept and agree to follow Agoda Term of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please cease use of the Site immediately. The Terms of Use – as may be amended from time to time – constitute the entire agreement, and supersede any other agreements or understandings (oral or written), between you and us with respect to their subject matters unless explicitly stated otherwise.
In your case, you have agreed/confirmed/processed to use our reservation service, it stand for some points of view that you have agreed the Agoda Term of Use and authorized the permission to Agoda.com to verify your booking and be able to cancel it without further notice when the “obvious errors “happens to the booking and as the main reason which allow Agoda.com to process as per Agoda Term of Use.
Hence, this booking has been cancelled due to the obvious error in the rates provided to us by Hilton. As such Hilton will not confirm or accept this booking.
For further details please refer to the Agoda terms of use as stated above.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Should you wish to stay at this hotel you may make a fresh booking online or you may contact Hilton directly as they can be reached on 380-44-3935400."

bla bla it is not our mistake go and make claim to Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.