Major change to Expedia BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major change to Expedia BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Has anyone called a USA HQ telephone number and spoken to a supervisor asking why they have not fixed the on-line redemption option ? If someone does calls I would suggest that they say that this problem is discouraging a number of people to make new reservation ( LOST BUSINESS) because we are in the online generation where speaking to an agent is a major obstacle, especially if they are in Philippines. Maybe even tell them that many of us are booking on CLUBCARLSON directly because of their excellent system and super points promotions.
After spending so much time in the trick it thread it feels WRONG to call an agent.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:25 am

Credit Card Workaround

Originally Posted by mjstallion

I called in and the agent was able to apply the coupon tothe first itinerary, and it took about 15 minutes. For the second two, the agent got errors and was able to apply them. So I was put on hold, and she talked to customer service who removed the 2 remaining coupons and replaced them with 2 new ones which were supposed to work. Well she couldn't apply those either. She waited on hold for her supervisor, who couldn't apply them either.
That sounds like the long-standing issue that you cannot redeem more than a few BRG coupons with the same credit card before it starts throwing an error. This errors exist even for the Expedia agents; there is no way to get around it.

This issue is being confused a lot with the newer coupon issue because the error says that there was a problem with the coupon but in actuality it is the credit card/coupon combination. If you use another credit card, the coupon should work fine.

Last thing before I go, here's a really good trick: If you have a Bank of America Visa card you can use the ShopSafe feature to generate a new credit card number on the fly. If you do this you will NEVER, I repeat NEVER experience the error you described. Just generate a brand new credit card number every time and voliah! Hope that helps some people here. I know the same issue has driven me a crazy on a couple of occasions.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by fonnae
That sounds like the long-standing issue that you cannot redeem more than a few BRG coupons with the same credit card before it starts throwing an error. This errors exist even for the Expedia agents; there is no way to get around it.

This issue is being confused a lot with the newer coupon issue because the error says that there was a problem with the coupon but in actuality it is the credit card/coupon combination. If you use another credit card, the coupon should work fine.

Last thing before I go, here's a really good trick: If you have a Bank of America Visa card you can use the ShopSafe feature to generate a new credit card number on the fly. If you do this you will NEVER, I repeat NEVER experience the error you described. Just generate a brand new credit card number every time and voliah! Hope that helps some people here. I know the same issue has driven me a crazy on a couple of occasions.
Nice. I had been using the paypal card generator until they did away with it for just these occassions. Thank you for this input, guess I"ll try out a BRG today...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:38 am

Is expedia taking the coupons away after you cancel the room?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fonnae

Except the current issue is you can NOT apply the coupon online - you get an error message of the coupon code is invalid BEFORE you can even input a credit card!

Once you call in, then I assume you would need to use different card number for each coupon you redeem.

This inability to use coupon online even for very legitimate, long-obtained coupons way in the past, is extremely annoying. I am afraid Expedia has succeeded to drive me away from trying to find a BRG match of its offering. Instead I would try to find a Marriott LNF instead!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by Happy

Once you call in, then I assume you would need to use different card number for each coupon you redeem.
!
I have used the same CC for the last 3 bookings that I had to phone in to have them apply the $50 coupon.

regards
cal
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xcalx
I have used the same CC for the last 3 bookings that I had to phone in to have them apply the $50 coupon.

regards
cal
Did you use all 3 coupons on the same phone call?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
Did you use all 3 coupons on the same phone call?
No 3 calls over 24hrs
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:32 am

I used 2 coupons on one call for reservations at one property for 2 separate rooms. I thought I might have to make 2 calls for 2 separate reservations but the rep just applied each coupon separately to each room.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I have used the same card over and over using coupons... Never had an issue in at least 10 bookings.... This not being to use coupons online for over a month now is ridiculous.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:36 am

Hi,
I wanted to use a coupon BRG. On-line not possibly. So I called. The agent tried it 8 times. Unfortunately, unsuccessfully.

After 60 minutes he gave me a Refund for the credit card of 50$.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chaoslady
Hi,
I wanted to use a coupon BRG. On-line not possibly. So I called. The agent tried it 8 times. Unfortunately, unsuccessfully.

After 60 minutes he gave me a Refund for the credit card of 50$.
Wow, this looks like the situation is getting worse.

You mean the call took 60 minutes long, before he did the workaround for a CC refund?

I assume you received an email from Expedia confirming the refund with a reference to the booking ID and the refund so in case the refund does not show up on your CC you could dispute the charge difference.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:59 am

BRG Crackdown

I don't know if the terms and conditions to expedia have been amended, but I just got off the phone with an expedia rep and she mentioned that if I cancelled my reservation for a BPG claim that they would remove the 50 dollar coupon. I was not even refunded my amount of cancellation yet the case has been referred to a higher up for a call back. I have experienced the same problems everyone is talking about not being able to cancel reservations online, but in the past they have refunded the amount right after I called them. This is an unfamiliar procedure and I have a feeling that it's going to be the last BPG I claim. Good Bye Expedia, it's been a good run.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:08 am

New expedia terms and conditions

For verification of stand alone car rental and non-prepaid hotel bookings, the customer service representative will instruct you to mail a copy of your car or hotel receipt to Expedia within thirty (30) days after you have completed the rental or hotel stay. Verified requests will receive a credit to the credit card used for the booking, within approximately 7-10 days of verification. Limit: one (1) $50 coupon per entire booking, and three (3) coupons per customer per calendar month (regardless of the number of accounts used by the customer). Each coupon is valid for one (1) year from month of issuance. Click here for complete coupon terms and conditions.
No change in the Best Price Guarantee will affect any coupon that has already been issued to you. The failure by Expedia to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by TheHan
For verification of stand alone car rental and non-prepaid hotel bookings, the customer service representative will instruct you to mail a copy of your car or hotel receipt to Expedia within thirty (30) days after you have completed the rental or hotel stay. Verified requests will receive a credit to the credit card used for the booking, within approximately 7-10 days of verification. Limit: one (1) $50 coupon per entire booking, and three (3) coupons per customer per calendar month (regardless of the number of accounts used by the customer). Each coupon is valid for one (1) year from month of issuance. Click here for complete coupon terms and conditions.
No change in the Best Price Guarantee will affect any coupon that has already been issued to you. The failure by Expedia to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Non prepaid have always had those T&Cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.