FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major change to Expedia BRG
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:25 am
fonnae

Credit Card Workaround

Originally Posted by mjstallion

I called in and the agent was able to apply the coupon tothe first itinerary, and it took about 15 minutes. For the second two, the agent got errors and was able to apply them. So I was put on hold, and she talked to customer service who removed the 2 remaining coupons and replaced them with 2 new ones which were supposed to work. Well she couldn't apply those either. She waited on hold for her supervisor, who couldn't apply them either.
That sounds like the long-standing issue that you cannot redeem more than a few BRG coupons with the same credit card before it starts throwing an error. This errors exist even for the Expedia agents; there is no way to get around it.

This issue is being confused a lot with the newer coupon issue because the error says that there was a problem with the coupon but in actuality it is the credit card/coupon combination. If you use another credit card, the coupon should work fine.

Last thing before I go, here's a really good trick: If you have a Bank of America Visa card you can use the ShopSafe feature to generate a new credit card number on the fly. If you do this you will NEVER, I repeat NEVER experience the error you described. Just generate a brand new credit card number every time and voliah! Hope that helps some people here. I know the same issue has driven me a crazy on a couple of occasions.